Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kathy Griffin?

Re: Kathy Griffin?
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2017, 10:37:55 AM »
For the record, if Sean hannity or Jesse waters had held up a bloody obama head like that, I could totally understand foxnews terminating them. I just haven't seen where any equivelant has happened. Billy O got canned for personal allegations.

Yes, but I thought it was stupid that the rodeo clown was forced to quit for wearing an Obama mask.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2017, 11:03:03 AM »
Unless someone did that while working for another network, it's an apples and oranges comparison. Not saying uncle Ted is right. I kind of think he's a loon personally. The kind of moron that takes a loaded AK into subway for "self defense". But last I checked he doesn't work for anyone but himself. Griffin was an employee and representative of CNN so that enters into another realm.

For the record, if Sean hannity or Jesse waters had held up a bloody obama head like that, I could totally understand foxnews terminating them. I just haven't seen where any equivelant has happened. Billy O got canned for personal allegations.
Kathy Griffin is not analogous to Hannity/Waters. If Anderson Cooper or Don Lemon held up a decapitated Trump it it would be 100x more outrageous. Griffin is a comedian who cohosts the New Years Eve coverage once a year. Nugent is a regular guest on Fox. They regularly yuck it up with him and are cordial with him on air. It's not a perfect 1 to 1, but it's much closer than comparing her to Hannity, etc.

Bottom line, it was tasteless, but she's a tasteless comedian. I'm equally offended by both of these, which is to say not very much. But I understand why most normal people would be, and therefore axing her from NYE coverage, given the broad audience that is targeting, was absolutely the right move.

By the way, I'd like to point out for the umpteenth time that Chizad has again employed the tired "Bammer defense." 

Whenever presented with evidence of disgusting behavior or nefarity (my word) from the left, his first response is to go...

"Oh yeah? Well look what YA'LL did!!" 

T-Town Tom gives away the store to his Bama pals.  "Oh yeah?  Eric Ramsey, bitch." 

I bet if you cut Chizad he'd bleed crimson.
What you fail to grasp is I'm not endorsing it. I'm not defending it. I'm not saying it's ok because Nugent did the same thing. I'm just noting your rank hypocrisy for being LIVID over this and being perfectly fine with the Motorcity Madman being equally offensive with regularity. Proving you're not as outraged as you say you are, you're using it as a cudgel to serve your politics.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2017, 11:18:34 AM »
I'm not defending it. I'm not saying it's ok because Nugent did the same thing. I'm just noting your rank hypocrisy for being LIVID over this and being perfectly fine with the Motorcity Madman being equally offensive with regularity. Proving you're not as outraged as you say you are, you're using it as a cudgel to serve your politics.

Not even close to being equally offensive. Nugent is not politically correct, but he didn't carry around a severed head of a sitting president. A severed head that is the signature of our greatest enemy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2017, 12:23:33 PM »
Kathy Griffin is not analogous to Hannity/Waters. If Anderson Cooper or Don Lemon held up a decapitated Trump it it would be 100x more outrageous. Griffin is a comedian who cohosts the New Years Eve coverage once a year. Nugent is a regular guest on Fox. They regularly yuck it up with him and are cordial with him on air. It's not a perfect 1 to 1, but it's much closer than comparing her to Hannity, etc.

Bottom line, it was tasteless, but she's a tasteless comedian. I'm equally offended by both of these, which is to say not very much. But I understand why most normal people would be, and therefore axing her from NYE coverage, given the broad audience that is targeting, was absolutely the right move.
What you fail to grasp is I'm not endorsing it. I'm not defending it. I'm not saying it's ok because Nugent did the same thing. I'm just noting your rank hypocrisy for being LIVID over this and being perfectly fine with the Motorcity Madman being equally offensive with regularity. Proving you're not as outraged as you say you are, you're using it as a cudgel to serve your politics.

At what point did you discern that I was "LIVID?" 

Never was.  Merely curious as to the reaction while also acknowledging that had a conservative comic done a similar stunt with the Emperor or the Bitch, there would have been squealing outrage from the entirety of CNN,MSNBC and all the other fake news organizations.

At no point was I LIVID in any way.  Again -- a la a bammer -- you are projecting your own psychological issues onto others.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2017, 02:24:48 PM »
a conservative comic

Your scenario breaks down here.  No way to be "conservative" and funny.  People's exhibit A: Blue Collar Comedy.

Hyuck hyuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2017, 02:26:38 PM »
Your scenario breaks down here.  No way to be "conservative" and funny.  People's exhibit A: Blue Collar Comedy.

Hyuck hyuck.
Your Larry the Cable Guy tee shirt disagrees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2017, 02:31:23 PM »

Just couldn't really think of a foxnews equal to her. Watters used to have bit parts on the network and was an employee. Now he's much bigger so he was all I could think of. Maybe Geraldo? Or Dennis Miller when he was on o Reilly ? I get what you're saying though. I've said for a long time that I think Ted is over the top and borderline crazy. He just isn't an employee of any network. Which is where much of the outrage was on this one for CNN to fire since she was an employee.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2017, 04:22:29 PM »
Just couldn't really think of a foxnews equal to her. Watters used to have bit parts on the network and was an employee. Now he's much bigger so he was all I could think of. Maybe Geraldo? Or Dennis Miller when he was on o Reilly ? I get what you're saying though. I've said for a long time that I think Ted is over the top and borderline crazy. He just isn't an employee of any network. Which is where much of the outrage was on this one for CNN to fire since she was an employee.

Plus, Ted was just talking shit to a room full of like-minded people. 

If he'd put an Obama effigy on the target and shot it full of arrows -- and it screamed and bled while he was doing it?  Maybe the same ballpark. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2017, 09:33:51 PM »
A severed head that is the signature of our greatest enemy.
*cough* we just gave them $100 Billion and another $250 Billion over the next 10 years *cough*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2017, 11:09:43 PM »
*cough* we just gave them $100 Billion and another $250 Billion over the next 10 years *cough*

^
Doesn't understand the format. 

Or anything else apparently.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2017, 10:49:10 AM »
The worthless attention whore is now going to claim she was "bullied" by Trump's family. 

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/06/02/kathy-griffin-to-address-trump-photo-alleged-trump-family-bullying.html

Somebody just put a muzzle on her.  Or put her down like the mangy dog she is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2017, 10:50:36 AM »
ohmagerd, the family of the guy I pretended to kill doesn't like me now!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2017, 02:31:53 PM »
This is similar to the Colin Caepernick approach.  Just when you are about to ride off into obscurity do something to make a lot of noise to get back in the spot lot.  Sure she cost herself a job at CNN but let's be honest.  It was what?  One episode a year?

Bitch has had more publicity since the photo than she's has for her entire career.  She doesn't need the majority of the people's support.  She just needs enough people's support to sustain her career a few more years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2017, 02:48:24 PM »
This is similar to the Colin Caepernick approach.  Just when you are about to ride off into obscurity do something to make a lot of noise to get back in the spot lot.  Sure she cost herself a job at CNN but let's be honest.  It was what?  One episode a year?

Bitch has had more publicity since the photo than she's has for her entire career.  She doesn't need the majority of the people's support.  She just needs enough people's support to sustain her career a few more years.

This is a salient point. (I just wanted to use salient in a complete sentence)  When I first saw the photo, I honestly had no idea who she was.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2017, 03:01:14 PM »
This is a salient point. (I just wanted to use salient in a complete sentence)  When I first saw the photo, I honestly had no idea who she was.
Carrot Top's twin sister.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2017, 03:07:32 PM »
Carrot Top's twin sister.

Speaking of....Carrot Top was on our flight back from Las Vegas a few months back.  I can assure you there's NO mistaking that guy.  "Is that Carrot Top?", said no one ever.  Seemed like a nice dude though.  Stopped and took pics with anyone who asked. 

I'm waiting on the framer to call me when my 8"X10" is ready.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2017, 10:47:10 PM »
I'm just glad that we're holding our comedians up to a higher standard than our Presidents now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2017, 11:24:39 PM »
I'm just glad that we're holding our comedians up to a higher standard than our Presidents now.

Not even sure what that means.  Look, Griffin got blasted by everyone with the exception of a handful of extreme left wingnuts like Rosie O'McDonalds.  Rightfully so.  She was not on stage.  She was not doing a comedy act for paying customers.  She's holding up a replica of a bloodied, severed head of the POTUS.  This is not comedy.  This is someone openly and very publically saying, "I want our President dead."  There is no way to spin this or say "Oops, bad judgment on my part" later.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2017, 04:48:18 PM »
Quick...how many here would have been pissed off if Trump had held up a fake head of Obama a couple of years ago, or hell, right now? Yeah, that's what I thought...no one. So, sit the fuck down snowflakes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions