Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fly away now, Agent Comey. Fly, fly, fly.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Fly away now, Agent Comey. Fly, fly, fly.
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2017, 04:35:45 PM »
How is it now considered a criminal investigation?  And which federal statute did Trump violate?

It's not. He's like a bammer fan sitting around waiting on the hammer to fall on AU. Ain't happening but it gives him hope!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2017, 01:35:40 AM »
How is it now considered a criminal investigation?  And which federal statute did Trump violate?
Robert Mueller said...that's how. Obstruction of Justice is criminal. Mueller isn't just investigating Trump, he and his team are also investigating everyone associated with him.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:43:57 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2017, 11:04:47 AM »
Robert Mueller said...that's how. Obstruction of Justice is criminal. Mueller isn't just investigating Trump, he and his team are also investigating everyone associated with him.

"It ain't juss $cam, its that whole damn barner athletic department that's gonna go down..."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2017, 11:11:34 AM »

Looking into a charge versus the charge actually having happened are two different things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2017, 11:14:42 AM »
Looking into a charge versus the charge actually having happened are two different things.

Not in their mind. Just the other day a dimorat screamed that Trump is guilty until proven innocent...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2017, 11:26:29 AM »
Not in their mind. Just the other day a dimorat screamed that Trump is guilty until proven innocent...

Wonder if those people would like the same logic afforded to them on their best court room visit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2017, 10:54:25 PM »
Damn it, Prowler.  This article is the biggest piece of shit, equal only in credibility to the daily shitfest printed by al.dot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth., you've ever posted.  Look at the "sources".  Dude...really.  Just stop!

"according to current and former officials."

"according to two current and two former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private communications with the president."

"a former senior intelligence official said of the request to Coats."

Do you not get that they don't have to reveal their source?  They have no source.  Why would you post this?  Really! Why would you post this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2017, 12:07:34 AM »
Damn it, Prowler.  This article is the biggest piece of shit, equal only in credibility to the daily shitfest printed by al.dot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth., you've ever posted.  Look at the "sources".  Dude...really.  Just stop!

"according to current and former officials."

"according to two current and two former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private communications with the president."

"a former senior intelligence official said of the request to Coats."

Do you not get that they don't have to reveal their source?  They have no source.  Why would you post this?  Really! Why would you post this?
You do realize this is the same paper that broke the Watergate scandal right? This isn't some National Enquire, local hometown news rag. This is the media that Trump wants everyone to believe is fake, not because they lie, but because they don't kiss his tiny ring finger (Faux News kisses it, he loves them...and they're being dragged down with him).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2017, 08:19:12 AM »
You do realize this is the same paper that broke the Watergate scandal right? This isn't some National Enquire, local hometown news rag. This is the media that Trump wants everyone to believe is fake, not because they lie, but because they don't kiss his tiny ring finger (Faux News kisses it, he loves them...and they're being dragged down with him).

You're a fucking idiot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2017, 12:00:13 PM »
You're a fucking idiot.

You just insulted idiots everywhere.

I wonder why no mention from Chowler on the statements from John Brennan? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2017, 02:16:03 PM »
You just insulted idiots everywhere.

I wonder why no mention from Chowler on the statements from John Brennan?

Sources say he's a Muslim convert. Is that true ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2017, 03:52:49 PM »
Interesting piece by Gregg Jarrett at foxnews.  Yeah, I know, Fox.  But, if he's right....

Robert Mueller is tasked with finding a crime that does not exist in the law.  It is a legal impossibility.

As special counsel, Mueller can engage in all manner of spectacular jurisprudential gymnastics.  However, it will not change the fact that colluding with Russia is not, under America’s criminal codes, a crime.  It’s just not there.

Maybe it should be.  Perhaps someday Congress will pass a law criminalizing such conduct in political campaigns.  But for now, there is not a single statute outlawing collaboration with a foreign government in a U.S. presidential election.  Or any election, for that matter.

Why, then, are so many people who are following the Trump-Russia saga under the mistaken impression that collusion is a crime?  Principally, because it is a loaded word with an historic criminal connotation.

“Collusion” became a prominent part of the legal lexicon when Benjamin Harrison occupied the White House and Congress passed the Sherman Antitrust Act in 1890 outlawing collusion in some business practices.  Specifically, price fixing and other anticompetitive activities became a criminal offense under Section 1 of the Act.  Almost overnight, the word “collusion” was converted into a legal pejorative.

But collusion is only criminal in an antitrust setting.  It has nothing whatsoever to do with elections.  Yet that has not stopped politicians, pundits and journalists from either misunderstanding the concept and/or misconstruing its application to the Trump-Russia hysteria that has reached a deafening pitch.

Both the Department of Justice and the FBI seem equally oblivious.

Mueller’s Marching Orders

Under the law granting him legal authority (28 CFR 600), a special counsel is charged with investigating crimes.  Only crimes.  Nothing else.  He has limited jurisdiction.  Any other wrongdoing uncovered in the investigation which does not rise to the level of a criminal offense cannot even be made public by the special counsel.  That is the law.   

So what crime is Mueller instructed to investigate?  Let take a look.

In his order appointing Mueller as special counsel (Order No. 3915-2017), Acting Attorney General Rod Rosenstein directed him to investigate “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump”.

But wait.  If Mueller is supposed to look for evidence of a crime that is not, by legal definition, a crime…then isn’t the special counsel being asked to do something that is manifestly unattainable?   Doesn’t the impossibility of his assignment render the exercise futile?  The answer is yes.       

The only conceivable crime is a tangential one.  If it could somehow be shown that someone in the Trump campaign aided and abetted the hacking of the Democratic National Committee or the campaign of Hillary Clinton, then perhaps a criminal charge might be made.  But as Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz told Fox News, “I’m sure that didn’t happen”.

How can he be so sure?  Common sense.  There is no evidence the Trump campaign had the technical expertise to hack anything.  Knowing about a computer theft or even verbally encouraging it is not enough under the law.  It requires an overt act that assists in the commission of the crime.  It appears that no one, including the Trump campaign, even knew about Russia’s hacking efforts until after they were accomplished and made public.

Any Related Matters

Rosenstein’s order to the special counsel authorizes him to investigate “any other matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”   This is the usual all-encompassing phrase which allows a special counsel to run rampant in an almost limitless direction to dig up dirt on potential targets.   

As I pointed out in a recent column, Mueller’s probe will inevitably morph into an investigation of President Trump’s meeting with James Comey and his subsequent firing of the FBI Director.  Amid partisan accusations of obstruction of justice, the special counsel will surely examine whether the president corruptly attempted to influence, obstruct, or impede the due administration of the law, as the law defines it.  (18 USC 1501)

If the president told Comey he hopes former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn can be cleared because “he’s a good guy,” it is not enough to sustain an obstruction charge.  Hoping or wishing for an outcome is not the same as influencing, obstructing or impeding.  Nor is firing the FBI Director.  As Comey himself admitted, the president has the constitutional authority to fire him for any reason or no reason at all.

Furthermore, the term “corruptly” is specifically defined under18 USC 1515(b) as “acting with an improper purpose, including making a false or misleading statement, or withholding, concealing, altering, or destroying a document or other information.”  The president’s actions do not come close to satisfying the requirements of acting corruptly.

The most recent accusation is that President Trump asked two of his top intelligence officials, Daniel Coats and Adm. Michael Rogers, to publicly deny the existence of any evidence of collusion during the 2016 election.  If Rogers and Coats had no such evidence of collusion, then asking them to tell the truth is not illegal.  But at this point, we do not know what exactly occurred during those alleged conversations.

What we do know is that collusion in a political campaign is not, by itself, a crime.

How, then, is it possible to obstruct the investigation of a crime… which is not a crime?

Gregg Jarrett is a Fox News Anchor and former defense attorney.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2017, 03:58:33 PM »
Interesting piece by Gregg Jarrett at foxnews.  Yeah, I know, Fox.  But, if he's right....

Robert Mueller is tasked with finding a crime that does not exist in the law.  It is a legal impossibility.

As special counsel, Mueller can engage in all manner of spectacular jurisprudential gymnastics.  However, it will not change the fact that colluding with Russia is not, under America’s criminal codes, a crime.  It’s just not there.

Maybe it should be.  Perhaps someday Congress will pass a law criminalizing such conduct in political campaigns.  But for now, there is not a single statute outlawing collaboration with a foreign government in a U.S. presidential election.  Or any election, for that matter.

Why, then, are so many people who are following the Trump-Russia saga under the mistaken impression that collusion is a crime?  Principally, because it is a loaded word with an historic criminal connotation.

“Collusion” became a prominent part of the legal lexicon when Benjamin Harrison occupied the White House and Congress passed the Sherman Antitrust Act in 1890 outlawing collusion in some business practices.  Specifically, price fixing and other anticompetitive activities became a criminal offense under Section 1 of the Act.  Almost overnight, the word “collusion” was converted into a legal pejorative.

But collusion is only criminal in an antitrust setting.  It has nothing whatsoever to do with elections.  Yet that has not stopped politicians, pundits and journalists from either misunderstanding the concept and/or misconstruing its application to the Trump-Russia hysteria that has reached a deafening pitch.

Both the Department of Justice and the FBI seem equally oblivious.

Mueller’s Marching Orders

Under the law granting him legal authority (28 CFR 600), a special counsel is charged with investigating crimes.  Only crimes.  Nothing else.  He has limited jurisdiction.  Any other wrongdoing uncovered in the investigation which does not rise to the level of a criminal offense cannot even be made public by the special counsel.  That is the law.   

So what crime is Mueller instructed to investigate?  Let take a look.

In his order appointing Mueller as special counsel (Order No. 3915-2017), Acting Attorney General Rod Rosenstein directed him to investigate “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump”.

But wait.  If Mueller is supposed to look for evidence of a crime that is not, by legal definition, a crime…then isn’t the special counsel being asked to do something that is manifestly unattainable?   Doesn’t the impossibility of his assignment render the exercise futile?  The answer is yes.       

The only conceivable crime is a tangential one.  If it could somehow be shown that someone in the Trump campaign aided and abetted the hacking of the Democratic National Committee or the campaign of Hillary Clinton, then perhaps a criminal charge might be made.  But as Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz told Fox News, “I’m sure that didn’t happen”.

How can he be so sure?  Common sense.  There is no evidence the Trump campaign had the technical expertise to hack anything.  Knowing about a computer theft or even verbally encouraging it is not enough under the law.  It requires an overt act that assists in the commission of the crime.  It appears that no one, including the Trump campaign, even knew about Russia’s hacking efforts until after they were accomplished and made public.

Any Related Matters

Rosenstein’s order to the special counsel authorizes him to investigate “any other matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”   This is the usual all-encompassing phrase which allows a special counsel to run rampant in an almost limitless direction to dig up dirt on potential targets.   

As I pointed out in a recent column, Mueller’s probe will inevitably morph into an investigation of President Trump’s meeting with James Comey and his subsequent firing of the FBI Director.  Amid partisan accusations of obstruction of justice, the special counsel will surely examine whether the president corruptly attempted to influence, obstruct, or impede the due administration of the law, as the law defines it.  (18 USC 1501)

If the president told Comey he hopes former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn can be cleared because “he’s a good guy,” it is not enough to sustain an obstruction charge.  Hoping or wishing for an outcome is not the same as influencing, obstructing or impeding.  Nor is firing the FBI Director.  As Comey himself admitted, the president has the constitutional authority to fire him for any reason or no reason at all.

Furthermore, the term “corruptly” is specifically defined under18 USC 1515(b) as “acting with an improper purpose, including making a false or misleading statement, or withholding, concealing, altering, or destroying a document or other information.”  The president’s actions do not come close to satisfying the requirements of acting corruptly.

The most recent accusation is that President Trump asked two of his top intelligence officials, Daniel Coats and Adm. Michael Rogers, to publicly deny the existence of any evidence of collusion during the 2016 election.  If Rogers and Coats had no such evidence of collusion, then asking them to tell the truth is not illegal.  But at this point, we do not know what exactly occurred during those alleged conversations.

What we do know is that collusion in a political campaign is not, by itself, a crime.

How, then, is it possible to obstruct the investigation of a crime… which is not a crime?

Gregg Jarrett is a Fox News Anchor and former defense attorney.

TL;DR...... you slut.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2017, 04:02:19 PM »
Just read the first 2 paragraphs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2017, 09:28:35 PM »
Just read the first 2 paragraphs.

You've been working out haven't you ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2017, 09:15:16 AM »
You do realize this is the same paper that broke the Watergate scandal right?
I literally laughed out loud.  "You guys know that this is the same paper that broke a story 45 years ago, right??" 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2017, 09:22:46 AM »
I literally laughed out loud.  "You guys know that this is the same paper that broke a story 45 years ago, right??"

What if I told you that Russians were our ally and the Japanese were our enemy in a war not long before that too. Must mean the they are now too!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2017, 09:23:32 AM »
Please show me where Robert Mueller said this. 

Trump hasn't obstructed shit.  Just a week or so ago, in his testimony, McCabe flat out said there had been no attempt to obstruct the investigation.  He also said the investigation had not been affected by the firing of Comey. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/11/acting-fbi-chief-mccabe-says-russia-probe-continues-despite-comey-firing.html
"The work continues despite any changes in circumstances," McCabe said. "There has been no effort to impede our investigation to date. You cannot stop the men and women of the FBI from doing the right thing, protecting the American people and upholding the Constitution."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 06:02:08 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions