Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fly away now, Agent Comey. Fly, fly, fly.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Fly away now, Agent Comey. Fly, fly, fly.
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 11:17:39 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2017, 12:44:39 PM »
Woodward disagrees.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/05/12/bob-woodward-explains-why-taped-evidence-was-key-in-watergate/?utm_term=.d412c9bf4ce5

Once again, you personify the problem. I think this administration is a dumpster fire in the PR/optics department but it's hard to speak rationally about that when people like you are overextending and hyperventilating that the Republic as we know it is in shambles. Breathe, dude.
Spot on.  I'm hoping a first step is replacing Spicer.  But, Trump doesn't do his PR folks any favors by being as outspoken as he is either.  It's simultaneously what I like and dislike about Trump.  But then again, I'm sure he feels that he constantly has to be on the offensive due to the backlash he seems to get for any and everything that he does. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2017, 02:36:50 PM »
Woodward disagrees.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/05/12/bob-woodward-explains-why-taped-evidence-was-key-in-watergate/?utm_term=.d412c9bf4ce5

Once again, you personify the problem. I think this administration is a dumpster fire in the PR/optics department but it's hard to speak rationally about that when people like you are overextending and hyperventilating that the Republic as we know it is in shambles. Breathe, dude.
Sadly, people like you and others here can't seem to understand how bad this situation is and how it's not a good thing to give any secret information to the enemy. There are A LOT of people in Trump's admin. that'll be caught up in the investigation, including Trump. Some are saying that he won't finish this year out, that he'll either step down and beg or be drug out kicking and screaming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2017, 02:47:08 PM »
Sadly, people like you and others here can't seem to understand how bad this situation is and how it's not a good thing to give any secret information to the enemy. There are A LOT of people in Trump's admin. that'll be caught up in the investigation, including Trump. Some are saying that he won't finish this year out, that he'll either step down and beg or be drug out kicking and screaming.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2017, 03:25:40 PM »

Some people said the aliens landed in Area 51 and turned Michael Jackson into a monkey. 

Fuck some people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 03:29:51 PM »
Some people said the aliens landed in Area 51 and turned Michael Jackson into a monkey. 

Fuck some people.

Prowler is those people. Believes what he wants. As it suits him. If you don't think like he does then you're just wrong. Rinse repeat every day.

Chad summed it up well above. I thought it was a good middle of the road observation and more than likely true. But it's of no use to the prowler types. Doesn't fit the narrative he sees through his special glasses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2017, 03:33:53 PM »

The guy with more watergate knowledge than anyone on earth. Presenting facts. And you are arguing with it. You know more and better than Bob Woodward.  Good. Grief.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2017, 03:38:51 PM »
I don't think Comey is going anywhere...he apparently took notes and I'm guessing some recordings of their conversations. Trump supporters this is what you get when you elect a clown, a shit circus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 03:55:10 PM »
I don't think Comey is going anywhere...he apparently took notes and I'm guessing some recordings of their conversations. Trump supporters this is what you get when you elect a clown, a shit circus.

You're an idiot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2017, 04:03:57 PM »

I am not arguing that Trump is a clown. He may very well be.

But there is not a person that I know that could be any more effective than Trump has been with the bullshit that he has had to deal with. You and your kind are fucking loony. The shit circus is what the media and everyone from Hillary, to John McCain are creating around this administration...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2017, 04:41:17 PM »
I am not arguing that Trump is a clown. He may very well be.

But there is not a person that I know that could be any more effective than Trump has been with the bullshit that he has had to deal with. You and your kind are fucking loony. The shit circus is what the media and everyone from Hillary, to John McCain are creating around this administration...
Yeah, Barack Obama never had to deal with bullshit. "Effective" is not the word I'd use...especially not after seeing him whine and complain in his daily Twitter rants or during a commencement address to the Coast Guard.

The difference here, the bullshit that Trump is having to deal with is of his own accord. Trump is the one that hired Mike Flynn, after being warned by Obama not to, Trump is the one that tired to obstruct justice when he asked Comey to let Flynn go. Trump is the one that have highly classified information to Russia...and the FBI is still investigating Trump and his team in their possible collusion with Russia to hack our election.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:49:29 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2017, 04:48:57 PM »
The difference here, the bullshit that Trump is having to deal with is of his own accord.

There is a whole "resistance" in which fights anything and everything that Trump, or ANY right leaning conservative person tries to do, good or bad.

But I don't know why I even responded to you...you will never try to look at anything objectively...so...carry on with whatever bullshit you want to spew...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:51:41 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 04:49:50 PM »
Yeah, Barack Obama never had to deal with bullshit. Sit down. "Effective" is not the word I'd use...especially not after seeing him whine and complain in his daily Twitter rants or during a commencement address to the Coast Guard.

The difference here, the bullshit that Trump is having to deal with is of his own accord. Trump is the one that hired Mike Flynn, after being warned by Obama not to, Trump is the one that tired to obstruct justice when he asked Comey to let Flynn go. Trump is the one that have highly classified information to Russia...and the FBI is still investigating Trump and his team in their possible collusion with Russia to hack our election.

Gonna throw you a bone here prowler. Hear me out.

But the guy I see today. Isn't the guy I saw on election night. Or at the inauguration. Or addressing congress. You have a team of people up there now that are yes men. They don't know how to corral the guy like some did during the campaign. Or at least keep damaging things to a minimum and learn how to pivot back to issues.

I'd much rather be discussing taxes. And jobs. And energy independence. And the budget. The Russia crap has the country stopped in its tracks. And I don't think anyone in D.C. gives two shits about trying to truly get to the bottom of anything. It's all a show. I think everyone would agree that real policy issues need to take a front row seat instead of on the back burner where they are now.

This all just sucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2017, 04:51:47 PM »
There is a whole "resistance" in which fights anything and everything that Trump tries to do, good or bad.

But I don't know why I even responded to you...carry on...
And that's different than what we've seen the last few Presidents go through? Remember, Trump was one of the main "birther movement" guys against Obama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2017, 04:57:07 PM »
And that's different than what we've seen the last few Presidents go through? Remember, Trump was one of the main "birther movement" guys against Obama.

And Little Marco.

And Lyin Ted.

He made those up too. All by himself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2017, 04:58:28 PM »
Gonna throw you a bone here prowler. Hear me out.

But the guy I see today. Isn't the guy I saw on election night. Or at the inauguration. Or addressing congress. You have a team of people up there now that are yes men. They don't know how to corral the guy like some did during the campaign. Or at least keep damaging things to a minimum and learn how to pivot back to issues.

I'd much rather be discussing taxes. And jobs. And energy independence. And the budget. The Russia crap has the country stopped in its tracks. And I don't think anyone in D.C. gives two shits about trying to truly get to the bottom of anything. It's all a show. I think everyone would agree that real policy issues need to take a front row seat instead of on the back burner where they are now.

This all just sucks.
I can't disagree with any of that. I hope that one day we can put this whole Russia shit behind us. But it seems like nearly everyday something else pops up, like Trump closed meeting with Russia and leaking highly classified Intel to them, or Comey coming out and saying that Trump tried to get him to stop looking into Mike Flynn (his Russia connection was in the closed meeting with Trump).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2017, 05:00:52 PM »
And Little Marco.

And Lyin Ted.

He made those up too. All by himself.
Trump insinuated that Ted Cruz's dad was somehow involved in the JFK assassination.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2017, 05:02:22 PM »
I can't disagree with any of that. I hope that one day we can put this whole Russia shit behind us. But it seems like nearly everyday something else pops up, like Trump closed meeting with Russia and leaking highly classified Intel to them, or Comey coming out and saying that Trump tried to get him to stop looking into Mike Flynn (his Russia connection was in the closed meeting with Trump).

I honestly don't think the guy knows the rules. Or nuances of all this. It's why you assemble a veteran team of guys to help with that. From chief of staff on down. The fact that Gorka, Bolton, Guliani and Gingrich aren't remotely involved on some type of advisement is bewildering - whether one agrees with them or not on policy. The best decision obama ever made was aligning with axelrod. I don't like the guy but he knew how to drive the train.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2017, 05:15:31 PM »
I honestly don't think the guy knows the rules. Or nuances of all this. It's why you assemble a veteran team of guys to help with that. From chief of staff on down. The fact that Gorka, Bolton, Guliani and Gingrich aren't remotely involved on some type of advisement is bewildering - whether one agrees with them or not on policy. The best decision obama ever made was aligning with axelrod. I don't like the guy but he knew how to drive the train.
Yup, he surrounds himself with "yes men", like you stated earlier. That wouldn't be that big of problem if the person in charge knew the rules, knew what he was doing every single day, knew that one single wrong tweet could cause A LOT of problems. But, when he surrounds himself with the likes of Bannon and his son-in-law Kuscher, Conway, Spicer, etc., etc., etc., etc. There is a problem. Especially when it has been reported that there is still a lot of fighting going on behind closed doors (loud enough to cause the interns to turn up all of the TVs so that the reporters couldn't hear what they were screaming about).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2017, 05:25:54 PM »
Good read by Ben Shapiro. Who also has a great podcast.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447698/trump-character-flaws-insecurity-arrogance-harm-agenda

by BEN SHAPIRO   
May 17, 2017 4:00 AM
@BENSHAPIRO

The president’s character flaws are getting in the way of his agenda. This week, President Trump proved once again that character matters. Trump failed miserably on all fronts — not because of his political principles, which were never philosophically conservative, but because Trump is a deeply flawed man, and thus an even more flawed leader. His obsession with others’ perceptions led him to fire FBI director James Comey — who should have been fired, by all rights, months ago — for the sin of failing to respect Trump’s bizarre theories about Obama-era “wiretapping.” Meanwhile, in an act of extreme arrogance, Trump appeared on national television and proceeded to destroy the supposed rationales for the Comey firing. His pathological insecurities then led him to tweet about “tapes” of Comey, which he then refused to allow his communications team to sweep under the rug.

There is no 8-D underwater quantum chess.

There is only Trump.

And as the so-called law of the lid states in business, the upper limit of a president’s competence can never be superseded by that of his subordinates. And Trump’s competence is tied directly to his character defects.

But many Republicans overlooked character as an argument against Trump, and they continue to do so today, although it is his character that leads him to jump on rakes. According to an April 2017 poll from the Deseret News, 57 percent of Republicans now say it would not matter to them if a candidate for president “had an extramarital affair in the past.” That compares with 42 percent of Republicans back in 2002. That number also includes 53 percent of white Evangelicals. Why? Because of President Trump, of course. It’s obviously silly to argue about whether this has been a principled stand by Republicans. It isn’t, any more than it is principled opposition rather than political convenience driving Democrats’ sudden turn against adultery among politicians (just 47 percent of Democrats said adultery wouldn’t matter to them, as opposed to 69 percent who said the same thing in 2002).

But it does point to a bet conservatives made in the 2016 election: that success equals character. Trump’s business career became, for many conservatives, an all-purpose fall-back argument in behalf of his character. Because conservatives believe in a meritocracy, they tend to believe that those who are successful are not cheats, liars, or scoundrels in the private sector.

To understand conservatives’ willingness to overlook Donald Trump’s personal problems, it’s important to understand the context in which Trump’s fans saw him: as a real-estate magnate. Real estate takes a certain level of expertise. It takes fluency with numbers. It takes willingness to structure “the art of the deal.” It requires patience and the ability to grapple with learning curves — adaptability. Success in real estate means careful planning years in advance and a willingness to pull the trigger on big moves. It requires a certain level of character, too: Your reputation in real estate helps determine whether good deals will ever materialize. Those who begin as real-estate sharks don’t have decades-long careers, in the main.

Trump, his conservative defenders said, was a real-estate mogul — the most powerful real-estate mogul in America. That made him, by inductive reasoning, a decent person, despite his adulterous liaisons.

But many conservatives refused to acknowledge the two points about Trump that should have given them cause for concern, even if they believed the somewhat flawed meritocracy-character link. First, Trump didn’t earn his magnate status; Trump inherited a massive amount of wealth from his father and, by most available estimates, has significantly underperformed the real-estate market. Second, and more important, there is at least one area of meritocracy where conservatives discard the supposed character-success link: in the entertainment industry. Conservatives have always understood that talent for entertaining and quality of character may actually be inversely linked: You’d be hard-pressed to find a conservative touting Kim Kardashian’s success as proof of her good character. Trump is an entertainer. He acts like an entertainer. He obsesses about his ratings, he spends hours on his hair, he agonizes over public perceptions of his successes and failures. He cannot bear to be out of the spotlight, and he feels personally threatened by those who occupy it more than he does for any period of time.

Conservatives wouldn’t pretend that Paris Hilton would make a good president because she’s so successful in her other ventures. Yet many conservatives told themselves a story whereby Trump was more Warren Buffett than Paris Hilton, so they could continue to maintain the positive image of his character. But he isn’t. And not all aspects of character are created equal when it comes to governing.

Some bad men govern well; others govern poorly. It’s fair to argue that personal fidelity to one’s spouse has little to do with governing ability. Some Americans made that argument in the 1990s; others went with the character argument and maintained that you can’t trust a person who commits adultery. Obviously, Bill Clinton provided proof both ways: He could govern decently, but he was a pathological liar.

Trump’s flaws, however, differ from Clinton’s. He has the same need for love from the world at large — a love that drove Clinton away from ideology and toward a governing centrism, and which will likely move Trump in the same direction. But unlike Clinton, Trump is also deeply arrogant about his own abilities, which means that he micro-manages rather than delegating; he’s also spontaneous where Clinton was calculating, which means he makes more unforced errors; Trump hates details whereas Clinton loved them, which means Clinton was fluent with his policy proposals. None of this cuts in favor of Trump’s success.

Conservatives are now dealing with Trump in one of three ways: praying, as Speaker of the House Paul Ryan is, that Trumpian foibles won’t poison too much of the agenda; practicing outright sycophancy, as his entire White House staff appears to be doing; and calling out Trump when he makes mistakes. Prayer isn’t going to work, at least barring a miracle; sycophancy merely reinforces Trumpian mistakes. The only question is whether Trump has enough character to acknowledge when he’s made a mistake, if anyone is willing to speak honestly to him. So far, the answer isn’t looking good. Character still matters in the presidency.

Age 70 is a little late to be getting started in developing some, but if Trump wants to have a successful presidency, he’d better start now.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:34:21 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE