Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2017 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'.

Re: 2017 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'.
« Reply #220 on: July 10, 2017, 09:52:52 AM »
Unless my Cubbies make some bold moves, they will not be in the playoffs this season.  Not sure what happened, but damn, the current starters should have Chico's Bail Bonds on the backs of their uniforms.

The thing that sucks is that we're both so buried in the Wild Card (7.5 down at the break), so if either of our teams are going to go to the playoffs, we're going to need to win the division.  Snags, Atlanta is right there with STL/CHI, only 8 down in the WC, but I don't see any of these three teams jumping Colorado or Arizona.

And I think Cubs or more capable of winning the division, honestly.

I think the new GM for St Louis will unload Lynn and Oh (both free agents at the end of the year) and possible Rosenthal and Wacha (both FA after next season).  Jerkstore is another one that might be dealt, although he's under control through 2020.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #221 on: July 10, 2017, 12:02:58 PM »
The AssThrows hung 16 and 10 on the Braves.  Then they ended the first half by putting up 19 against Toronto.  Jeez Louise!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #222 on: July 10, 2017, 12:41:53 PM »
The AssThrows hung 16 and 10 on the Braves.  Then they ended the first half by putting up 19 against Toronto.  Jeez Louise!

They are killing it.  And now you know why the Cards were spying on them!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #223 on: July 10, 2017, 01:33:20 PM »
I can't wait to see the Astros vs Dodgers in the WS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #224 on: July 10, 2017, 02:31:35 PM »
I can't wait to see the Astros vs Dodgers in the WS.

That Judge kid for the Yankees is fun to watch, too.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Yanks somehow make it there, too. You know they will be buyers at the trade deadline (if they take Oh, we can throw in John Mabry)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #225 on: July 10, 2017, 03:57:59 PM »
I'll be watching the HR Derby tonight.  Always do.  But tonight should see some record shots with this field.  Stanton will be hittin' bombs to protect his home turf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #226 on: July 10, 2017, 04:12:04 PM »
I'll be watching the HR Derby tonight.  Always do.  But tonight should see some record shots with this field.  Stanton will be hittin' bombs to protect his home turf.

Pay attention to the Clevelanderin left field.

and then the body art on the waitresses

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #227 on: July 10, 2017, 04:32:21 PM »
Good giggity
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #228 on: July 10, 2017, 10:10:23 PM »
Sweet Jesus. I was going to come here and talk about Judge and how he....Sweet Jesus!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #229 on: July 10, 2017, 10:35:49 PM »
That's where you go when The Godfather takes you to a Marlins game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #230 on: July 12, 2017, 08:42:51 AM »
I really liked how the 2 bright spots for the NL were the Cards, while the losing pitcher was a Cub.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #231 on: July 12, 2017, 10:31:53 AM »
The Cubs lost again even when they weren't playing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #232 on: July 12, 2017, 10:47:19 AM »
The Cubs lost again even when they weren't playing.

I did like Joe's reaction to Molina's HR though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #233 on: July 12, 2017, 09:55:14 PM »
That Judge kid for the Yankees is fun to watch, too.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Yanks somehow make it there, too. You know they will be buyers at the trade deadline (if they take Oh, we can throw in John Mabry)

I don't like the cut of his jib. And I damn sure don't like the other one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #234 on: July 14, 2017, 10:43:37 PM »
Braves score 2 in the bottom of the 8th and Jim Johnson puts Arizona down 1-2-3 for a win to start the second half.  Inciarte made one hell of a catch in the 9th, jumping at the wall, to help Johnson get the save.  The last 3 series have been the Astros (Hottest team in MLB), the Nationals (Best hitting team in the NL) and now the D'backs, who are now 53-37 and right in the thick of the Wildcard race.  Not the best recipe for getting to .500.  But, they're holding their own.

The Cubbies are clinging to an 8-6 lead on the Orioles in the 7th.  They need a hot start to get back in the race.  Cards got a solid start from Leake and most of the bullpen, but Oooohhh...lost to the Bucco's 5-2.  Damn Jar, I can't recall the last time the Cards have been in this situation.  I've said it many times.  Best overall franchise in all of sports.  Weird to me to see them struggle.  I keep thinking you'll look up and quietly they've gone 24-6 and suddenly in control.  The always do. 

Oh well, we'll see. I'm more into this season than any in the last 10-15.  Love it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #235 on: July 16, 2017, 11:54:55 PM »
Life is unfair.  Take a look at this stretch of games the Braves have been playing and are facing.  2 against the Astros.  4 vs. The Nationals.  3 against the Diamondbacks.  Now 3 vs. The Cubs.  Then 4 in L.A. against the Dodgers.  Then finish it off with 3 more on the road against the D'backs.  Just when we get back to .500.  Frick!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2017, 05:47:54 AM »
Snags, look at bright side, you'll know before trade deadline if you will be buyers vs sellers. Go 6-4 on this road trip, you will be in WC contention, then maybe you make a few desks.  Go 3-7, you deal Garcia and get some prospects.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #237 on: July 17, 2017, 07:41:17 AM »
Snags, look at bright side, you'll know before trade deadline if you will be buyers vs sellers. Go 6-4 on this road trip, you will be in WC contention, then maybe you make a few desks.  Go 3-7, you deal Garcia and get some prospects.

Troof.  You speak it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #238 on: July 17, 2017, 07:45:29 AM »
Troof.  You speak it.

Came to Atlanta this past weekend (and going home tomorrow), but watched the Braves on TV the past few days, and Garcia was dealing yesterday.  That can only help his trade value.  If you're contending, you keep him, and then when he signs somewhere else, you get a draft pick for him.  Otherwise, you deal him for a prospect or two before the deadline.  Either way, he won't be in a Braves uniform next year, but you'll have some younger players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #239 on: July 17, 2017, 10:51:35 AM »
Well, Snaggs...it's a battle of the second half unbeatens in the ATL starting tonight.  I predict an Atlanta sweep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions