Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2017 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
2017 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'.
« on: February 16, 2017, 05:17:37 PM »
We're still weeks away from March Madness and there's a foot or two of snow on the ground in the northeast.  But, down in south Florida, the crack of the bat is already in the air.  Have you checked out any off-season trades? 

The Cubbies won their first series since the Civil War.  They're loaded again so is there more or less pressure on them?  I never bought the "Champions = Target on their backs" theory.  It's a 162 game season.  Nobody is getting any extra juice to beat them every game out.  Talent and consistency wins out most times in MLB.

I'm about done with this being the Washington Nationals year....again....and again.  All indications are they're stacked again, but until they do something besides choke and gag like a Falcons' 4th quarter, they're just that fly in the ointment, Hans. 

Dodgers.  $894 skwazillion dollah payroll.  Playoff Kershaw = 4th Quarter Falcons Defense.  I'm a Falcons fan but hey, this is kind of fun.  Until they prove it....nope!

St. Louis rebound?  Unfortunately, they just lost Reyes, the #3 starter to Tommy John surgery.  I still always expect them to contend.  To me, the Cardinals are the best, most consistent professional franchise in all the major sports for at least the last 20 plus years.  Haven't checked the records but I guarantee they match up against any franchise in sports.

My Braves?  They went from the worst in baseball the first half of the season to a pretty competitive club by season's end.  In fact, they ruined a few teams' post season hopes.  Their farm system really produced some young talent last year like SS, Dansby Swanson.  They added a couple of veterans, most notably, Matt Kemp, that gave them a solid line up.  I just saw where they signed Brandon Phillips from the Reds.  The guy is 35 but hit .292 last year with 11 HR and 64 RBI's.  I always hated that guy because he's cocky, brash and everything you hate from an opposing player....that always seems to kick your ass.  Now he's a Brave.  Love me some Brandon.

Definitely not a fan of signing two pitchers from the Geriatrics League in Bartolo Colon and R.A. Dickey.  Maybe they'll be solid.  Who knows?  Overall, I think they'll be much improved.  Contenders?  No way.  But without any expectations, they should be fun to watch.

What about your club?     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: 2017 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 07:09:52 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 08:10:36 PM »
They've got uniforms and everything.  It's really great.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 10:10:32 PM »
(Never thought I'd say this, but...)

Buzz you aren't allowed to bitch. You're inside the 5 year window of a championship. Sorry.

Cards will struggle for a wild card spot, losing Reyes will hurt, but we didn't pick up a bat in the offseason, and that will hurt more.

On the plus side, Metallica is playing at Busch on June 4th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 01:19:34 AM »

Buzz you aren't allowed to bitch. You're inside the 5 year window of a championship. Sorry.

Cards will struggle for a wild card spot, losing Reyes will hurt, but we didn't pick up a bat in the offseason, and that will hurt more.

Amen to Metallica!

On the Cubs, well, I truly expect to see them in the WS. They may not win it but they still have the bats and have improved ther mound even after Chapman. My one concern is losing our AU homie at catcher. I seriously have concern about this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 08:27:03 AM »
The rangers should win a bunch of games, maybe close to 100.

Then get swept in the first round of the playoffs.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 08:43:16 AM »

So, all my posts in this thread will now look like this...

"                                                                "
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 09:15:16 AM »
For Buzzer.  You guys may have seen this many times but I just heard about it this morning.  Good stuff for baseball fans but good Cub on Cub prank. (Even though I consider Maddox a Braves HOF'er.  Yep, I'm claiming him.  You can't have him).

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 09:25:13 AM »
Nope. Warning track.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 09:38:59 AM »
For Buzzer.  You guys may have seen this many times but I just heard about it this morning.  Good stuff for baseball fans but good Cub on Cub prank. (Even though I consider Maddox a Braves HOF'er.  Yep, I'm claiming him.  You can't have him).

You still want the bat?

Naah...I'm good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 09:40:47 AM »
You still want the bat?

Naah...I'm good.

Gold!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 10:43:43 AM »
So, all my posts in this thread will now look like this...

"                                                                "

I suggest you start a new thread called "Official 2017 MLB Bragging and Boasting"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 11:11:09 AM »
I suggest you start a new thread called "Official 2017 MLB Bragging and Boasting"

Amen to that.  We won't be able to deal with that swollen dome of his all season.  Best to go get his own thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 11:16:45 AM »
Amen to that.  We won't be able to deal with that swollen dome of his all season.  Best to go get his own thread.

When are you going to go check out the new stadium in Atlanta?  Drops my total down to 17 of the 30 active stadiums.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2017, 11:34:15 AM »
When are you going to go check out the new stadium in Atlanta?  Drops my total down to 17 of the 30 active stadiums.

Seriously?  17 venues?  That's awesome.  I keep saying I'm going to bucket list a bunch of sports venues and try to hit one or two every year.....but sadly, I never follow through. Fenway is the one baseball must see.  Saw Wrigley in the off season.

I'm going to wait until the Braves are at least 7 games out. (Two weeks in) Despite a non-contending team, I imagine the novelty of the new stadium will keep it pretty full early on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 11:45:18 AM »
Seriously?  17 venues?  That's awesome.  I keep saying I'm going to bucket list a bunch of sports venues and try to hit one or two every year.....but sadly, I never follow through. Fenway is the one baseball must see.  Saw Wrigley in the off season.

I'm going to wait until the Braves are at least 7 games out. (Two weeks in) Despite a non-contending team, I imagine the novelty of the new stadium will keep it pretty full early on.

Fulton County stadium mid to late 80's. Get in for a dollar on military ID, have your own section with own beer guy.   :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 11:49:25 AM »

Aside from Busch, which I'm obviously biased about, PNC Park is my favorite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2017, 02:48:35 PM »
I think some have gotten out of hand on both sides of the issues when it comes to politics.  I found this piece when searching a Braves site, listing different stories from around the league.  I saw absolutely nothing wrong with Fowler's comments and find it hard to believe anyone could.  Sorry, forgot to copy/pasta the site.  BTW, I think Fowler is going to show out in a Cards uni.

Dexter Fowler made quite the first impression with St. Louis Cardinals fans.

The center fielder, who is from Atlanta and was drafted in 2008 by the Colorado Rockies from Milton High School, described to ESPN over the weekend how President Donald Trump’s proposed travel ban affected his wife’s Iranian family.

Fowler’s wife, Aliya, is a U.S. citizen who emigrated from Iran with her parents when she was 5. Her grandparents and extended family still live in Iran. The couple have a 3-year-old daughter.

Asked his opinion on the ban, Fowler said: “It’s huge. Especially any time you’re not able to see your family, it’s unfortunate.”

Fans on the “St. Louis Carindals True Fans” Facebook page did not respond well to the comment and engaged in an often foul-language exchange debating the merit of his words.

Some fans voiced support, others called on Fowler to “shut up,” stay out of politics, or be removed from the team.

Fowler joined the Cardinals on a five-year, $82.5 million contract after hitting .276 with 13 homers and 48 RBIs in his second season with the Chicago Cubs, helping the franchise to its first championship since 1908.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2017, 04:07:42 PM »
Another reason to hate that guy now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2017, 04:48:24 PM »
Another reason to hate that guy now.

You really should put some memes in hashtags in there to show us how you really feel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions