Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2017 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2017 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'.
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2017, 04:34:07 PM »
I was bitchin' and moanin' at a 1-6 start.  Then I was all like yeah and shit after a 5 game win streak to go 6-6.  Then I was bitchin' and moanin' with a 6 game losing streak.  Now I'm like all yeah and shit after 2 straight wins against the Mets.  First of a double header and I think we beat Noah Soundgarden today.  I think.

And how is it that the Braves start out with 8 on the road?  Then home for 7 and then back out on the road for 9 straight. And 10 of those are against Mets pitching.  Frick!  We already suck so we don't need twice the amount of road games as home to start the season. 

BTW, I noticed a series against the Cards in the ATL the weekend of May 5th.  Might be just the time to plan a road trip.

Edit:  It was Matt Harvey, but I'll take anything against their pitching.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 04:44:41 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2017, 04:49:02 PM »
I was bitchin' and moanin' at a 1-6 start.  Then I was all like yeah and shit after a 5 game win streak to go 6-6.  Then I was bitchin' and moanin' with a 6 game losing streak.  Now I'm like all yeah and shit after 2 straight wins against the Mets.  First of a double header and I think we beat Noah Soundgarden today.  I think.

I got mind control over Deebo. He be like "shut the fuck up." I be quiet. But when he leave, I be talking again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2017, 04:53:41 PM »
Parmesan my panino.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2017, 11:50:55 PM »
Bravos come back from 2 separate 4 run deficits to beat the Brew Crew on the road, 10-8.  Freddie Freeman with a 2 run blast in the top of the 9th to take the win. Three straight on the road.  9-12.  Too many streaks.

The Cards take down the Reds 7-5 and in my #2 dream World Series match up, the Red Sox top the Cubbies 5-4.  (#1 being the Sox and the Braves)  But I'll be damned if I wouldn't pay $500-$1,000 to see a Cubs vs. Red Sox WS.  Or hell, the Cards and Sox for that matter.

On another note, who the hell is this 6'7" 280 pound beast for the Yankees terrorizing outfield walls?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2017, 10:56:02 PM »
Yankme's continue to put up sick runs with a 12-4 win over the Orioles.  Braves did the same with 10 last night and 11 tonight on 20 hits.  Matt Kemp with 3 homers.  The Cubs take down the Red Sox 7-4 in Fenway Pahk.  Home of Nomah Gahshaparhah who hit em' wicked fah.  Cards rained out.

My guys are on another streak and now 10-12.  Just happy they're somewhat competitive and showing they can put up numbers.  BTW, the Nationals lost their center fielder, Adam Eaton, for the season with a torn ACL.  Weird play stepping on first base wrong trying to beat one out.  Sucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2017, 12:17:31 AM »
Well, it looks right now all is even outside the NL East and AL West. Noteworthy, Aaron Judge of the Yankees is a damn beast. Also, the Red Sox and the Orioles still don't like each other. The Braves are still seriously Bipolar and the Astros are sick of playing second fiddle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2017, 11:27:03 PM »
The Cards beat my Braves like a rented mule tonight.  10-0.  Hey Jarhead...kiss my entire ass.  I hope the Cardinals eat something rancid and puke for the next 10 days. 

Probably the only way we take a game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2017, 07:55:57 AM »
Hey, we have you 4 runs yesterday. What more do you want?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2017, 09:15:38 AM »
4-5 for the Rangers with 3 blown saves in last 2 innings. Our closer gave up 3 runs on Tuesday in the ninth and his ERA went DOWN to 33.

But all in all I am not worried, assuming Dyson gets his head out of his ass.

5-8 now...thank you. And the Rangers own the Astros, so I am not worried about them yet...

Nevermind
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2017, 11:56:14 AM »
Cubs now 1 game over .500 after getting swept by the Yankees. Last nights game went 18 innings that lasted on into the wee morning hours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2017, 08:10:48 PM »
Cubs now 1 game over .500 after getting swept by the Yankees. Last nights game went 18 innings that lasted on into the wee morning hours.
They're shitty
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2017, 08:50:52 PM »
They're shitty

And......went to Coors Field to only come out limping.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2017, 09:50:43 PM »
And......went to Coors Field to only come out limping.

You walkin' over...butchu limpin' back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2017, 10:50:37 PM »
So of the teams that the few of us posters give a rat's ass about, the early season tallies look like this.

Braves:  15-21

Cubs:  18-19

Cards:  21-15

Rangers:  20-20

Orioles:  22-14

The Cards and Orioles are late in their games tonight so that will change. Obviously, the 18-19 mark by the Cubs is the biggest surprise.  I honestly haven't followed it enough to know why they're light years behind their start last year.  Cards, slow start.  But I think it just took a series against my Braves to get their shit rolling. 

As I said in some pre-season comments, the Orioles were picked, as usual, to be an also-ran in the American League and as usual, they're a fly in everybody's ointment.  People betta recognize. 

The Bravos are the streakiest team in baseball.  6 losses...4 wins....5 losses...3 wins... They seem to handle the fellow bottom dwellers pretty well but the Cardinals and Nationals and Astros of the world kick that ass.  Like I said from the start, I think they can be a .500 club if things go right.  They've proven they can damn well hit when they get on. Last night and tonight are two prime examples.  10 and 9 runs respectively.  And people better start giving Freddie Freeman the love.  A .343 BA with 14 HR's and 25 RBI's. 

War Eagle!!!  I know nothing about the Rangers except the record.  Report?  Playoff team?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2017, 09:25:37 AM »
The Rangers and my fantasy team will be much better when Adrian Beltre gets off the "10-day" DL.
My Cubs will contend when it's all said and done, but this is not a WS caliber team whatsoever. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2017, 10:34:18 AM »
The Rangers and my fantasy team will be much better when Adrian Beltre gets off the "10-day" DL.
My Cubs will contend when it's all said and done, but this is not a WS caliber team whatsoever.

Ranges vs Cubs in the WS!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2017, 10:53:27 AM »
Cubs back to .500 with win over the Reds. The only thing I can think right now is just some early minor injuries and some of the pitching just hasn't hit its groove. Like Buzz said, they will get it together but I don't see them playing in the WS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2017, 11:35:41 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2017, 12:12:15 PM »
So last night, the Braves continued another streak in beating the Blow Jays for the 3rd night in a row.  They're now due for a 6 game losing streak and with the Nationals coming to town Friday, they should be able to get a good start on that.  But last night, a relief pitcher for the Bravos struck out a Toronto batter to retire the side.  The BJ batter says something to the pitcher, the ump jumps in and the benches start to clear and they jaw back and forth a bit.  Never could tell what the problem was.  Next inning, Jose Bautista Launched one over the left field wall and true to form, does the dramatic bat flip. They were down 8-3 at the time.  The benches cleared again with mostly pointing and jawing. Love the relief pitcher's quote after the game.

“I’m surprised he’s ready to fight again after last year,” O’Flaherty told reporters, laughing, referring to Bautista getting punched by Rougned Odor of the Texas Rangers in 2016, a skirmish that all stemmed from Bautista’s 2015 flip heard round the world. Bautista, to his credit, admitted that the flip after Wednesday’s homer “was definitely not something that was fitting for the moment."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions