Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Super Bowl

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Super Bowl
« on: February 05, 2017, 10:28:57 PM »
Everything went right for my Birds to go up 28-3.  Then the Patriots got in rhythm and reeled off 31 straight. Two holding calls by Jake Matthews on the 2 most crucial drives just killed em'.  Either drive would have put the game away with a field goal. 

As soon as the Pats won the overtime coin toss, our company got up and left and we started cleaning up.  There was no stopping them at that point. Gotta' give the greatest QB of all time his due.

Oh well, at least the long snapping by Josh Harris was spot on.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Super Bowl
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 10:51:42 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 12:36:08 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 09:23:13 AM »

Best part of the super bowl was Cam.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 09:26:20 AM »
Best part of the super bowl was Cam.

For real. All the commercials sucked this year except this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 09:36:21 AM »
Everything went right for my Birds to go up 28-3.  Then the Patriots got in rhythm and reeled off 31 straight. Two holding calls by Jake Matthews on the 2 most crucial drives just killed em'.  Either drive would have put the game away with a field goal. 

As soon as the Pats won the overtime coin toss, our company got up and left and we started cleaning up.  There was no stopping them at that point. Gotta' give the greatest QB of all time his due.

Oh well, at least the long snapping by Josh Harris was spot on.

Turning point was Freeman's non block that caused a Matt Ryan fumble. All downhill from there!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 11:25:12 AM »

Turning point was Freeman's non block that caused a Matt Ryan fumble. All downhill from there!

So the 37-17 first down margin, 560-340 yardage margin and 2:1 time of possession margin had no bearing? Sorry but they spotted you a 21 point lead with a pick 6 included. To point back to one play after being given that is a bit UGAish. Simply put the Falcons D we saw most of the season was on display the 2nd half.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 11:39:19 AM »
So the 37-17 first down margin, 560-340 yardage margin and 2:1 time of possession margin had no bearing? Sorry but they spotted you a 21 point lead with a pick 6 included. To point back to one play after being given that is a bit UGAish. Simply put the Falcons D we saw most of the season was on display the 2nd half.

And yet with all of that, coaching inside the 30 is what cost ATL the game.  Run it three times, kick a 39 yarder, and you go up 11.

I also thought with a minute left, Atlanta didn't even try to get into FG range. 

I almost thought Gus/Rhett was calling plays for them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 11:48:44 AM »
Just needed a field goal to win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 01:57:49 PM »
Just needed a field goal to win.
  And should have gotten that on the failed on side kick. Won a side bet of 20 bucks with a Falcons fan on that one. Bet that if they didn't score there Brady was going to work and they would lose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 02:02:22 PM »
Didn't realize how many Falcons fans there are here in Birmingham.  I think I touched a nerve today with about 10 of them at the gym when I mentioned that Whoolio got a front row seat for the Camback and the Bradyshow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 02:48:04 PM »
And yet with all of that, coaching inside the 30 is what cost ATL the game.  Run it three times, kick a 39 yarder, and you go up 11.

I also thought with a minute left, Atlanta didn't even try to get into FG range. 

Should not come down to that when you are up 25 points.

Giving up 31 points and over 400 yards in one half is an abomination.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 03:14:06 PM »
Just gonna leave this here. 

Lived in baldwin county for about nine years.  In that time I could count on one hand the number of people wearing falcons gear I have seen. Plenty of Saints stuff. Green Bay. Dallas. Pats. Panthers. Zero Falcons.

So last night I ordered wings from Baumhowers.  Went to pick them up at 6:15.  About the time Atlanta scored first.  The place was full of people wearing falcon hats, tshirts, hoodies, bandanas and beads.  When ATL scored the place erupted.  People jumping around, throwing food, screaming, hugging and high fiving.

One dude waiting to be seated, wearing a Pats shirt, got up said "fuck this noise" and took his family out. 

Where did all these fake ass Falcons come from? I don't think I've ever met a falcons fan anywhere before. Quite honestly I was disgusted by all the faux birds.  No dog in the fight but glad they lost.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 03:17:01 PM »

Lived in baldwin county for about nine years.  In that time I could count on one hand the number of people wearing falcons gear I have seen. Plenty of Saints stuff. Green Bay. Dallas. Pats. Panthers. Zero Falcons.

So last night I ordered wings from Baumhowers.  Went to pick them up at 6:15.  About the time Atlanta scored first.  The place was full of people wearing falcon hats, tshirts, hoodies, bandanas and beads.  When ATL scored the place erupted.  People jumping around, throwing food, screaming, hugging and high fiving.

One dude waiting to be seated, wearing a Pats shirt, got up said "fuck this noise" and took his family out. 

Where did all these fake ass Falcons come from? I don't think I've ever met a falcons fan anywhere before. Quite honestly I was disgusted by all the faux birds.  No dog in the fight but glad they lost.

how were the wings? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 04:01:39 PM »

I think it's very similar to the "Clemson fans" during the National Championship game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 05:23:39 PM »
how were the wings?

They're fair.  Only place I can find lemon pepper unless I make them myself
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 05:34:20 PM »
Why is that a problem?  You're in the heart of SEC country.  People don't wear pro gear.  They wear AU or Bama stuff.  You'll see some, probably way more Saints stuff in the southwest corner of the state if it's pro apparel.  Every single football Sunday, fans pack out Buffalo Wild Wings and Beef O'Brady's in their pro gear and raise hell here. 

I recall being down in Destin meeting Wes for a brew or 7 the day the USA opened up their World Cup match.  That place suddenly filled up, standing room only with soccer fans wearing all kinds of foosball gear.  The place erupted every time the good guys did anything.  It's soccer.  It was pretty cool.

I'm a Falcons fan.  Go to a game every year.  I wear my cap every now and then.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 05:38:29 PM »

This.^^  No doubt the Pats dominated the stats and were the better overall team.  But it still came down to stupid shit the Birds did to keep themselves from getting that one score that would have put the Super Bowl away.  No one to blame but themselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 05:47:31 PM »
Why is that a problem?  You're in the heart of SEC country.  People don't wear pro gear.  They wear AU or Bama stuff.  You'll see some, probably way more Saints stuff in the southwest corner of the state if it's pro apparel.  Every single football Sunday, fans pack out Buffalo Wild Wings and Beef O'Brady's in their pro gear and raise hell here. 

I recall being down in Destin meeting Wes for a brew or 7 the day the USA opened up their World Cup match.  That place suddenly filled up, standing room only with soccer fans wearing all kinds of foosball gear.  The place erupted every time the good guys did anything.  It's soccer.  It was pretty cool.

I'm a Falcons fan.  Go to a game every year.  I wear my cap every now and then.

I've been in Wings on football Sundays on multiple ocassions the last several years. Never seen a flock of falcons before. Don't think I've ever seen one here really. 

It just seemed odd to me for the place to be packed with newly minted falcons. But it is in the same parking lot as Dick's.  I bet they made bank.

Just me but I don't like groupie fans
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 06:11:01 PM »
I've been in Wings on football Sundays on multiple ocassions the last several years. Never seen a flock of falcons before. Don't think I've ever seen one here really. 

It just seemed odd to me for the place to be packed with newly minted falcons. But it is in the same parking lot as Dick's.  I bet they made bank.

Just me but I don't like groupie fans
Do you like Dicks?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com