Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New OC Rumors and News

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: New OC Rumors and News
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2017, 02:36:46 PM »
I'm not getting the mocking part.  I went looking for some takes on this and one of the Bama recruiting sites said it was clear that "Lane still misses the SEC."  One of the talk shows I listened to this morning said AU was down on a recruiting trip and this was just another example of Lane being an immature troll.

I don't see this affecting our recruiting in the least.  We're going to get ours. We always have under Malzahn and we're still a top 10 class with 6-7 more to sign.  Plus, no matter who we get at OC, I'm still convinced that they'll be running Malzahn's O regardless. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2017, 02:37:51 PM »
According to my skreetz (friends who pay money for message boards in a group text), this thing is rapidly approaching clown show.

This thing (Gus' tenure at Auburn) has moved well past clown show and into shit show status.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2017, 02:40:43 PM »
I'm not getting the mocking part.  I went looking for some takes on this and one of the Bama recruiting sites said it was clear that "Lane still misses the SEC."  One of the talk shows I listened to this morning said AU was down on a recruiting trip and this was just another example of Lane being an immature troll.

I don't see this affecting our recruiting in the least.  We're going to get ours. We always have under Malzahn and we're still a top 10 class with 6-7 more to sign.  Plus, no matter who we get at OC, I'm still convinced that they'll be running Malzahn's O regardless.

perhaps not...as in folks flighting but i think Steele firmed and gave us a chance on a few more stars...perhaps my point was to keep momentum and or strengthen it.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2017, 02:41:51 PM »
This thing (Gus' tenure at Auburn) has moved well past clown show and into shit show status.

What part of "learning on the job" isn't computing? 

Same with Jay Jacobs.  What experience did he have before he was promoted to AD?  Handjobs to boosters? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2017, 02:45:07 PM »
I say we just wing it.
We probably will. We'll not replace Rhett and Gus will wing T it next season. They'll never know what hit 'em.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2017, 02:48:05 PM »
perhaps not...as in folks flighting but i think Steele firmed and gave us a chance on a few more stars...perhaps my point was to keep momentum and or strengthen it.

Agreed.  I think a big name OC could only boost it.  Maybe be the deciding factor for 1 or 2.  I'm just of the opinion that the one thing CGM and his staff have always done and will always do great, is recruit that ass off. (About an 87% upgrade in QB evaluation would be appreciated)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2017, 02:53:51 PM »
The whole Briles thing is stupid for Kiffin to bring up because the Briles to AU thing was shutdown a week ago. I highly doubt Auburn was even remotely thinking about going after Kiffin. Da boy is stroking his ego.

As far back as I can remember, these type searches/hires were made way under the radar. When announced, we would all be like "where the hell did that come from". Could this be the same situation?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2017, 02:57:26 PM »
This is the blurb under the plane photo on 247.

"Lane Kiffin posting a picture with no other explanation except a cryptic hashtag is a thing that happens a lot, and it happened again on Wednesday. The new FAU head coach tweeted a photo of an Auburn private plane with the hashtag #missuguys.

Is this a cherished photo, taken months or years ago, that Kiffin keeps on his phone and looks at when he wants to be reminded of Auburn? Or did he have a runway run-in with Tigers recruiters out on the trail on Wednesday? Well, it's hard to say."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2017, 03:35:38 PM »
This is the blurb under the plane photo on 247.

"Lane Kiffin posting a picture with no other explanation except a cryptic hashtag is a thing that happens a lot, and it happened again on Wednesday. The new FAU head coach tweeted a photo of an Auburn private plane with the hashtag #missuguys.

Is this a cherished photo, taken months or years ago, that Kiffin keeps on his phone and looks at when he wants to be reminded of Auburn? Or did he have a runway run-in with Tigers recruiters out on the trail on Wednesday? Well, it's hard to say."
I really don't understand why it's all that hard to figure out he's trolling Auburn. The implication is pretty clear to me that he's pointing out that we "swung and missed" trying to hire someone (probably just Briles) from USF. He's sarcastically saying he'll miss the Auburn coaching staff in South Florida now that they're leaving empty-handed.

I HIGHLY doubt that he is just sincerely musing about how he misses being in the SEC, especially that he misses the Auburn coaching staff. Especially given what a known trolling prick he is.

Why is this hard?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2017, 03:42:36 PM »
I really don't understand why it's all that hard to figure out he's trolling Auburn. The implication is pretty clear to me that he's pointing out that we "swung and missed" trying to hire someone (probably just Briles) from USF. He's sarcastically saying he'll miss the Auburn coaching staff in South Florida now that they're leaving empty-handed.

I HIGHLY doubt that he is just sincerely musing about how he misses being in the SEC, especially that he misses the Auburn coaching staff. Especially given what a known trolling prick he is.

Why is this hard?

i might be wrong.  but i think snaggle is trolling you.  just sayin' ...it is a possibilty. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2017, 03:48:34 PM »
i might be wrong.  but i think snaggle is trolling you.  just sayin' ...it is a possibilty.

He's passionate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2017, 04:44:57 PM »

Why is this hard?
One thing is for sure, everyone misses AUChizad! more than they'd ever miss you.

#100% #Boom #DropMic
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2017, 10:08:01 PM »
We'll not replace Rhett and Gus will wing T it next season.

The Wing T would be an improvement in play variance from what we've run the past, oh, 8 years or so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2017, 10:57:58 PM »
Could also be a recruiting trip with a pic forwarded to Lane.
But I seriously doubt we offered him and we were told nobody named Briles would be  a candidate or at least that was my understanding.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2017, 01:59:07 PM »
Noel Mazzone now in the mix. It's said he has been so since day one. A new hire expected by end of week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2017, 02:11:03 PM »
Noel Mazzone now in the mix. It's said he has been so since day one. A new hire expected by end of week.

Skreetz paved of gold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2017, 02:11:49 PM »
If we are going after old coaches, I'd like to throw Al Borges in the mix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2017, 02:22:47 PM »
If we are going after old coaches, I'd like to throw Al Borges in the mix.

If that's the case, lets go get Knute Rockne.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2017, 02:25:32 PM »

If that's the case, lets go get Knute Rockne.

Well, let's take it a step further and win one for the Gipper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2017, 02:29:42 PM »
Skreetz paved of gold.

Smartphone apps made of gold....and free!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions