Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New OC Rumors and News

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
New OC Rumors and News
« on: January 12, 2017, 02:35:16 PM »
EDIT: FUCK IT.  Bruce Feldman says this on Twitter:

Source close to #Auburn OC search tells @FoxSports: Still very early in process. No leaders in the clubhouse. New OC will act as play-caller

Gus is advertising the job as a true OC position, with play-calling, apparently.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:38:08 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: New OC Rumors and News
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 02:52:25 PM »
EDIT: FUCK IT.  Bruce Feldman says this on Twitter:

Source close to #Auburn OC search tells @FoxSports: Still very early in process. No leaders in the clubhouse. New OC will act as play-caller

Gus is advertising the job as a true OC position, with play-calling, apparently.

Ummm, so we were surprised by Lashlee leaving for half the salary? 

And if he was leaving I wonder how smart it was to let him call recruits and tell them? 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:55:55 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 03:17:19 PM »
Just hacked the Athletic Department's email server and got an advanced copy of the job posting.

To:

Wanted:
Scapegoat for HC Offensive Coordinator that will pretend to call plays, talk to the QB and hold play cards up.  Must have 3 verified references and a valid driver’s license.

Apply by email only to:
Jaytheman01@aol.com
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 04:25:01 PM »
Ummm, so we were surprised by Lashlee leaving for half the salary? 

And if he was leaving I wonder how smart it was to let him call recruits and tell them?

Lashlee had 2 more years on his contract.  It didn't require a buyout on his part if he took another job, but I imagine Auburn would owe him if he was canned.  Hey, one-sided contracts are the Auburn way.  If I had to guess, I would say AU decided it was time to move on from him and they fronted him a little do rae me under table.  Publically, Lashlee decided to take advantage of this "opportunity". 

What I'm hoping is that the PTB behind making this decision, put the ultimatum to Gus that he hire an OC/QB Corch and turn that side of the ball over to him.  Kind of an LSU to Les.  Change this shit or else.  Or else, happened. 

My gut tells me that will never happen, even if that's what they present on the surface.  I firmly believe Malzahn is way too paranoid to let go of anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 04:27:44 PM »
If this was planned one would assume that a new OC would have already been announced.  So, either they are waiting a bit to make it look legit or they really are all buffoons in the AD offices.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 04:30:58 PM »
If this was planned one would assume that a new OC would have already been announced.  So, either they are waiting a bit to make it look legit or they really are all buffoons in the AD offices.

Hmmm...

Got any more brain-busters?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 04:32:13 PM »

Did you see Sid Bream round 3rd and score just ahead of the throw?  Braves win!  Braves win!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 04:38:43 PM »
the bigger question surrounding the departing OC...who will The Godfather have dinner with when he visits The Plains?   ...the new OC and his partner? 

stay tuned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 04:40:06 PM »
Lashlee had 2 more years on his contract.  It didn't require a buyout on his part if he took another job, but I imagine Auburn would owe him if he was canned.  Hey, one-sided contracts are the Auburn way.  If I had to guess, I would say AU decided it was time to move on from him and they fronted him a little do rae me under table.  Publically, Lashlee decided to take advantage of this "opportunity". 

What I'm hoping is that the PTB behind making this decision, put the ultimatum to Gus that he hire an OC/QB Corch and turn that side of the ball over to him.  Kind of an LSU to Les.  Change this shit or else.  Or else, happened. 

My gut tells me that will never happen, even if that's what they present on the surface.  I firmly believe Malzahn is way too paranoid to let go of anything.

The timing of it actually makes me think the opposite.  I think Lashlee got on offer and even though it was lower $$$ wanted to unhitch himself from the Gus Bus. 

Go be an OC somewhere where you can make a name for yourself, because at AU if he succeeds it's Gus and if he loses it's him.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 04:44:27 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 04:41:41 PM »
The timing of it actually makes me think the opposite.  I think Lashlee got on offer and even though it was lower $$$ wanted to unhitch himself from the Gus wagon.

so is it a wagon or a bus?

asking for a friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 04:42:38 PM »
the bigger question surrounding the departing OC...who will The Godfather have dinner with when he visits The Plains?   ...the new OC and his partner? 

stay tuned.
You never know who you will rub elbows with at the Acre.  Cept Snags cause he doesn't make reservations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 04:44:47 PM »
so is it a wagon or a bus?

asking for a friend.
Bus and a wagon....wagon would be good for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 05:00:36 PM »
The timing of it actually makes me think the opposite.  I think Lashlee got on offer and even though it was lower $$$ wanted to unhitch himself from the Gus Bus. 

Go be an OC somewhere where you can make a name for yourself, because at AU if he succeeds it's Gus and if he loses it's him.

Been 3 years since anybody as seen any of that, not sure he was worried about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 05:13:44 PM »

Jane, you ignorant slut.

That's what Skrubdinski said in his piece.  Putting this out there actually surprised me.

Lashlee leaving is the first part of the Machiavellian scenario painted for me by Auburn sources in September. According to those sources, Lashlee taking over the play-calling for the LSU game and beyond wasn't all Malzahn's idea.  Instead it was a suggestion from a powerful booster that could go one of two ways. The offense could start rolling, and Malzahn would be seen as a smart head coach making a wise mid-season correction.

Or the offense could continue to struggle and Lashlee would be the scapegoat. Auburn could keep Malzahn to avoid paying his current buyout just south of $9 million, and he would bring in one of the best offensive minds in the business, who just happens to be a friend of Malzahn's but not a protege.

Coming off 2013, Lashlee was the up and coming boy wonder.  Too young for a major HC job at 29 or 30, but they were winning big, scoring points and he was well thought of.  Since then, the wheels have started wobbling.  I still feel like whoever is calling the shots has no confidence in Malzahn running the offense anymore and certainly doesn't want to turn it over to someone who may or may not have ever been making the decisions on offense.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 06:43:49 PM »
An extension of the conversation I had with someone close to the program involved Jacobs. He told me that as soon as the new president is in, Jacobs is out. Jacobs is close with old AU money but the New money was pretty much running things now and that his days are coming to a quick end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 06:53:24 PM »
I keep getting calls and texts since the story about the powerful booster came out. I do not discuss private matters in public.

I love Auburn and the decisions that I make are with everyone in mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 07:24:55 PM »
I keep getting calls and texts since the story about the powerful booster came out. I do not discuss private matters in public.

I love Auburn and the decisions that I make are with everyone in mind.

:miltie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 09:53:53 PM »
An extension of the conversation I had with someone close to the program involved Jacobs. He told me that as soon as the new president is in, Jacobs is out. Jacobs is close with old AU money but the New money was pretty much running things now and that his days are coming to a quick end.
Dear sweet little 6 pound 8 ounce baby Jesus,
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 11:35:23 PM »
Cole Cubesteak says Lash told him he had done all he could do under Gus' shadow and needed to make a move on his own and make his mark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 02:51:35 AM »
Cole Cubesteak says Lash told him he had done all he could do under Gus' shadow and needed to make a move on his own and make his mark.

Did someone said Marker's Mark or skidmark?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions