Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Last Ten Years of Auburn Football

jmar

Re: The Last Ten Years of Auburn Football
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2016, 01:16:36 PM »
Our stupid fuck HC should have been recruiting defensive linemen and linebackers instead of signing eight receivers and filling out the roster with  3*quarterbacks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2016, 02:00:50 PM »
It's not about Sean not being good enough, it's about a coaching staff that isn't providing him the best chance to succeed -- and not having a clue what to do when he struggles.

That might be the biggest truth spoken so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2016, 03:04:41 PM »
I wasn't actually referring to you. 

I agree with a lot of what you are saying as well.  I'm not happy about how we got into the Sugar Bowl either, but honestly it really doesn't matter anymore.  The 4 team playoff has made the bowls including the Sugar pointless.  We get a better slot at primetime so hopefully it will help our recruiting, but outside of that it's pointless.  Whether we had gone to Capital One or Outback or even Music City they are all the same.

I think Gus is absolutely in over his head.  This year even more than last year he has shown me that he is a High School football coach.  In all of the games we have lost this year (save for maybe bama) I 100% blame coaching.  Like you said earlier I had hoped he had learned a lesson and was finally moving forward after handing the reigns to Lashlee, but the same issues creep up year after year.  IMO he isn't our future coach, which sucks because even though I didn't like his hire, I really wanted him to be.
I wish that you two would get a room.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2016, 03:11:54 PM »
For me, it's quite simple with Gus, his offense and his paranoia.  His offense from the day he took over the reigns at Tulsa is predicated on one thing and one thing only. Being able to run quick hitters between the tackles for 4 to 7 to 10 yards over and over and over.  He had two different QB's at Tulsa who both threw over 40 TD passes in a year.  But first and foremost, he had a back that ran for over 1,200 yards the first year and over 1,500 the second. 

Everything else, and I mean everything else, works off of that.  When he's got Ben Tate, Chris Todd can set records.  Call it blasphemy, but Cam doesn't do what he did without having that senior line and Michael Dyer popping defenses time after time.  Nick Marshall was a great read option QB but unless Tre and CAP are ripping off yards first and foremost, he's a flop. And even this year.  You finally discover your mojo in the middle with Pettway, and what do you get with a healthy Sean White? 

So here's the problem.  It's two-fold.

First, if he can't run it like he should for whatever reason, this year...injuries.  He's dead in the water.  No plan B.  No ability to adjust.  To be something a little different.  EVERYTHING in his offense works off that.  Period!

Second, and it's what we saw in at least 3 games this year, especially the first and last games.  If he THINKS he won't be able to run it, we get panic at the disco. We get revolving QB's, twirly bird fullback throws, the Notre Dame Box. 

Gus is a one-trick pony.  If it's working, it's a thing of beauty that matches any offense in the country.  If it's not, or of he goes in believing he's already overmatched (Clemson and Bama) he goes full tard.  And it's one of the ugliest things to watch in all of college football. 

I'll agree his history with recruiting and/or developing QB's is less than stellar.  But I think that's not the root of the problem.  If we kick Jovon Robinson off the team.  If Roc Thomas transfers. If Malik Miller goes down to injury.  If Kamryn Pettway also goes down to injury and we're now left with a Carry On at 60%, Gus Malzahn goes brain dead and this offense lies dead in the water. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2016, 03:38:14 PM »
I wish that you two would get a room.
For what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2016, 04:53:59 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2016, 04:55:33 PM »
Bob Crane-like endings
What if I told you we were sitting next to each other in the same room....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2016, 09:48:58 AM »
What if I told you we were sitting next to each other in the same room....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg