Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Last Ten Years of Auburn Football

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: The Last Ten Years of Auburn Football
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2016, 12:36:08 AM »
How about having both? They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Who, other than bama, has both?
Not a lot!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2016, 04:44:32 AM »
First things first...Jacobs has to go. Malzahn will not step down, he'll continue saying that we have things going in the right direction. One thing I want, when Malzahn is replaced, is that our Defensive staff stays intact.

Would anyone be opposed to hiring Coach Steele as HC and replacing the offensive staff (minus maybe the RB Coach Horton)? He does have head coaching experience at Baylor not long after they joined the Big 12...he has coached under a few of the "Mount Rushmore" type head coaches (Osborne, Bowden, & Saban).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 04:54:04 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2016, 06:53:36 AM »
Given our limited options...Jacobs and Malzahn, with or without Lashlee-we must have a read option QB that can pass in the same vein as Nick Marshall. That can't be fucked-up as much by the coaches.
Left on the hut, right on the hut, hut. That's about a third of the opportunities to screw something up minimalized.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2016, 09:11:05 AM »
Given our limited options...Jacobs and Malzahn, with or without Lashlee-we must have a read option QB that can pass in the same vein as Nick Marshall. That can't be fudgeed-up as much by the coaches.
Left on the hut, right on the hut, hut. That's about a third of the opportunities to screw something up minimalized.
Just as long as we don't give it to him on the hut instead of the hut hut.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2016, 11:43:00 AM »
Just as long as we don't give it to him on the hut instead of the hut hut.
Yeah I mean think about it. We get a ringer that runs the read with Pettway and another back maybe, say 20 or 25 snaps. That's approximately 1/3 of the amount of plays by an offense for an entire game. Lessens the number of twirly-birds, fullback hurls, dipsy doodles and tackle eligibles our OC's can dial up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2016, 08:02:48 AM »
Yeah I mean think about it. We get a ringer that runs the read with Pettway and another back maybe, say 20 or 25 snaps. That's approximately 1/3 of the amount of plays by an offense for an entire game. Lessens the number of twirly-birds, fullback hurls, dipsy doodles and tackle eligibles our OC's can dial up.
Jarrett Stidman is a dual threat QB with a strong arm and good size. Maybe Gus just doesn't fully trust Lashlee enough to hand over the offense completely. I'm wondering if a true coordinator were to come in, like a Kendall Briles, if he'd be more comfortable handing him the reins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2016, 10:42:49 AM »
Jarrett Stidman is a dual threat QB with a strong arm and good size. Maybe Gus just doesn't fully trust Lashlee enough to hand over the offense completely. I'm wondering if a true coordinator were to come in, like a Kendall Briles, if he'd be more comfortable handing him the reins.
No.

And this won't be popular but
the proof is in all of the sulking that Malzahn did under the thumb of Todd Graham, Houston Nutt and Gene Chizik.
He's no different from them in that regard. And as much as I can't stand interference of our head coach doing his job, this is one instance I think that Jughead should intervene by pointing out how crucial it is for the future of the entire offensive staff to get this right once and for all.
Has to be done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2016, 12:47:51 PM »
We are in the goddamn Sugar Bowl and a few of y'all are wanting to burn the program to the ground.
 :facepalm:

There are concerns. There are issues. Gus's stubbornness. His lack of a plan B. The lack of a plan in the 2nd half of the UGA loss. Those are real concerns.

But we're in the goddamn Sugar Bowl. We're the 2nd best team out of 14 in the SEC but because Bama isn't one of the 12 below us, y'all are throwing your toys around the room.

I swear to God, nuance is dead and the Internet killed it. It's gotta be either build a statue or pitchforks and torches and zero gray area. Lighten up, Buttercup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2016, 01:09:29 PM »
We are in the goddamn Sugar Bowl and a few of y'all are wanting to burn the program to the ground.

There are concerns. There are issues. Gus's stubbornness. His lack of a plan B. The lack of a plan in the 2nd half of the UGA loss. Those are real concerns.

But we're in the goddamn Sugar Bowl. We're the 2nd best team out of 14 in the SEC but because Bama isn't one of the 12 below us, y'all are throwing your toys around the room.

I swear to God, nuance is dead and the Internet killed it. It's gotta be either build a statue or pitchforks and torches and zero gray area. Lighten up, Buttercup.

Gus is about to be 1-3 in bowl games. The "1" was Memphis in Birmingham.

Not. Good. Enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2016, 01:42:22 PM »

Agree...sort of.

There is plenty from this season to grumble about, but the final destination is pretty decent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2016, 01:53:40 PM »
Agree...sort of.

There is plenty from this season to grumble about, but the final destination is pretty decent.
Oh, no doubt. Like I said:

Which directly segues into:

We're not allowed to say anymore that anything is pretty ok. It's gotta be sunshine & roses or Chernobyl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2016, 05:08:03 PM »
Agree...sort of.

Agree to agree.

Isn't this kind of what you live by? OHHHH MYYYY GOOOOOODDDDD!!!! TRRRRUUUUUMMMMPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2016, 06:51:54 PM »
Agree to agree.

Isn't this kind of what you live by? OHHHH MYYYY GOOOOOODDDDD!!!! TRRRRUUUUUMMMMPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

I totally agree.  We all thought we were going to the Allstate Sugar Bowl.  Instead, we wind up in Goddamn Sugar Bowl.  I for one am pissed and can't believe Chad is taking this attitude. Fuck you, Gus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2016, 03:30:56 AM »
I totally agree.  We all thought we were going to the Allstate Sugar Bowl.  Instead, we wind up in Goddamn Sugar Bowl.  I for one am pissed and can't believe Chad is taking this attitude. Fuck you, Gus.
Harumph!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2016, 08:33:16 AM »
Agree...sort of.

In an ordinary year where the rest of the SEC isn't a dumpster fire?  We are a Liberty Bowl team. 

The losses to A&M and Georgia were inexcusable. 

Zero first downs against Georgia or Alabama, abject failure at developing a quarterback that is even remotely adequate.  Those two things alone cry out for significant changes -- changes that aren't coming. 

This team is far too talented for an 8-4, 8-5 finish.  A Sugar Bowl consolation prize where the bowl has to hold its nose and pick between the dysfunctional, ineffective trio of us, Florida and LSU doesn't have the same panache as riding to New Orleans on the surge of a ten-win season. 

This isn't a building year where the future looks extremely bright and momentum is on our side. 

Please.  Tell me one single thing you expect to be better next year than it was this season?  We've SEEN this movie already.  2013 to 2014!  Gonna be great, then pfffizzzz.  2014-2015! Jeremy for Heisman! Muschamp's defense! Shit the bed.  2015-2016!  Steele's defense (admittedly much better)!  And we'll have Roc, Robinson, Barber?.  Uhhh, and still zero quarterbacks.  Ridiculous defensive talent.  Good OL, a rugged, dynamic RB that would never have been discovered by these chowderheads without injury and defection.

That's the problem and the reason for distress.  With quality coaching, a viable gameplan, decent vision in player evaluation and effective player development we aren't taking a "oh shit, do we have to pick one of those teams?" potential Sugar Bowl invitation.  We should have been knocking on the door of more. 

We've got ten-plus win talent.  We've got minus eight win coaching. 

Pretend it's not a problem. Pretend it's awesome. 

Just remember that I told you.  And remember that I'm almost always right.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 08:38:46 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2016, 08:57:26 AM »
In an ordinary year where the rest of the SEC isn't a dumpster fire?  We are a Liberty Bowl team. 

The losses to A&M and Georgia were inexcusable. 

Zero first downs against Georgia or Alabama, abject failure at developing a quarterback that is even remotely adequate.  Those two things alone cry out for significant changes -- changes that aren't coming. 

This team is far too talented for an 8-4, 8-5 finish.  A Sugar Bowl consolation prize where the bowl has to hold its nose and pick between the dysfunctional, ineffective trio of us, Florida and LSU doesn't have the same panache as riding to New Orleans on the surge of a ten-win season. 

This isn't a building year where the future looks extremely bright and momentum is on our side. 

Please.  Tell me one single thing you expect to be better next year than it was this season?  We've SEEN this movie already.  2013 to 2014!  Gonna be great, then pfffizzzz.  2014-2015! Jeremy for Heisman! Muschamp's defense! Shit the bed.  2015-2016!  Steele's defense (admittedly much better)!  And we'll have Roc, Robinson, Barber?.  Uhhh, and still zero quarterbacks.  Ridiculous defensive talent.  Good OL, a rugged, dynamic RB that would never have been discovered by these chowderheads without injury and defection.

That's the problem and the reason for distress.  With quality coaching, a viable gameplan, decent vision in player evaluation and effective player development we aren't taking a "oh shit, do we have to pick one of those teams?" potential Sugar Bowl invitation.  We should have been knocking on the door of more. 

We've got ten-plus win talent.  We've got minus eight win coaching. 

Pretend it's not a problem. Pretend it's awesome. 

Just remember that I told you.  And remember that I'm almost always right.

Fuck's sake.  Did you even read past the first word of my post?  You're unhinged.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2016, 09:05:27 AM »
Fuck's sake.  Did you even read past the first word of my post?  You're unhinged.

Yeah.  If "unhinged" means "always right." 

My reply was a broad response to the "everything's sunshiny, stop your bitching" twist of the thread.  While your lukewarm agreeance was quoted, it wasn't specific to your weakness.

And, besides, I am correct in my assessment.  Whatever yours was didn't go far enough. 

The "final destination" may be decent, but it's not acquired because of any greatness or approaching greatness on our part.  It will be attained (if it actually is) through the collapse and ruin of other programs around us.  We don't "deserve" a Sugar Bowl bid and in any other season we wouldn't be within snorting distance of it.  The potential invitation is a product of there being even shittier other options.  IMO, that isn't something to celebrate.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:08:16 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2016, 09:28:08 AM »
  The potential invitation is a product of there being even shittier other options.  IMO, that isn't something to celebrate.

Who the fuck is celebrating?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2016, 09:39:52 AM »
Who the fuck is celebrating?

The Hillary supporters. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2016, 09:41:29 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions