Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Absolutely Laughable

Absolutely Laughable
« on: November 26, 2016, 08:34:25 PM »
Get him the fuck out of here.

I know he's "earned" another season, but holy shit. Is that what Auburn is satisfied with? Being completely dominated and overmatched against a team that was fucking up as much as we were?

I don't want to hear about god damn injuries. I want to hear about the nightmare that is Auburn's QB position. Why since Tuberville left, we've watched Kodi Burns, Barrett Trotter, Clint Moseley, Kiehl Frazier, Jonathan Wallace, Jeremy Johnson, Sean White, and JEREMY JOHNSON again be completely inept to compete against SEC defenses.

Sean White has had a good year. I'll give him that. Our run from Miss State to Ole Miss was fun. But those were statistically bad defenses.

And what's most frustrating is that when we need the innovative mind to crank something out, it comes out awful. Clemson, A&M, LSU, Georgia, and Alabama were the best defenses we faced all year and every single one of those game plans were laughable.

I didn't expect to win. In fact, my prediction was pretty spot on (31-13).

I didn't expect to really be embarrassed. Not on a program level. I didn't expect to have to respond to people laughing about our fullback throwing an interception. I didn't expect to see Jeremy Johnson look as obviously horrible as he always has. I didn't expect to see Twirlybird multiple times in the game. I didn't expect to see JFIII provide a spark LATE in the game LATE in the season only to be yanked for a god damn H-Back.

Auburn should never feel embarrassed by the performance on the field or by the game plan from the coaches. I feel like I've been embarrassed too many times in the last ten years, and the only fucking constant is...

Jay Jacobs. As always. I blame him. For something. For losing. For 3 in a row to Bama. For 2-7 to Bama. For rarely beating our main rivals. For being 7 points away from 0-9 to Bama. For 2-8 to Georgia. For it all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Re: Absolutely Laughable
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 08:46:01 PM »
You are spot on, but there is no way Jacobs will do anything.  We have to hope that the new president comes in, gets rid of Jacobs, and Gus's seat is about a billion degrees next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 09:11:28 PM »
I'm sick of it too. However, there's always alcohol. But none for me, I'm not a drinking man. Our performance has been sub par with a few exceptions and Jay Jacobs doesn't have the solution. But who does?

How does Auburn compete with programs that purchase their players? Yes, the coaching on the offensive side of the ball SUX. Who replaces Gus?

Furthermore, Texas hired a good coach today $$$.

Whatever will we do?

Throwing money at the problem doesn't solve the problem, unless you're bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 09:16:56 PM »
I'm sick of it too. However, there's always alcohol. But none for me, I'm not a drinking man. Our performance has been sub par with a few exceptions and Jay Jacobs doesn't have the solution. But who does?

How does Auburn compete with programs that purchase their players? Yes, the coaching on the offensive side of the ball SUX. Who replaces Gus?

Furthermore, Texas hired a good coach today $$$.

Whatever will we do?

Throwing money at the problem doesn't solve the problem, unless you're bama.
Bring in Art Brides as OC/QB Coach. I don't give a fuck about baggage. Fuck the Creed, I want a productive god damn offense to go with our nasty defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 09:31:34 PM »
fudge the Creed, I want a productive god damn offense to go with our nasty defense.

Totally agree.  I don't give a damn if the entire team is sacrificing 8 year old virgins to an ancient Hittite god.  I want to win.  I give zero fucks about graduation rates, or if they feed homeless people.  Fucking win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 10:01:25 PM »
I want to know what this Got Damn Yahoo messenger shit is that's pasting over everybody's posts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 10:19:29 PM »
And yes.  I'm officially done with Gus.  I'm calm, cool and collected, like I said I was the last couple of years. Not kicking and screaming and rolling in the floor like 4 year old. Bottom line is he knows one way.  If that one way is threatened, he panics.  Even if it's not threatened, but he perceives it is...he panics.

Honest question/answer.  How many times since Gus has been here that you have taken a loss and said, "No way were they a better team.  If we had just..."

And you look at the offensive plan and go WHAT....THE....FUCK?

30-12.  This game should have been 20-20 with 2:00 minutes to go.  Gus/Lashlee He has no clue.  Time to move one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 10:53:00 PM »
And yes.  I'm officially done with Gus.  I'm calm, cool and collected, like I said I was the last couple of years. Not kicking and screaming and rolling in the floor like 4 year old. Bottom line is he knows one way.  If that one way is threatened, he panics.  Even if it's not threatened, but he perceives it is...he panics.

Honest question/answer.  How many times since Gus has been here that you have taken a loss and said, "No way were they a better team.  If we had just..."

And you look at the offensive plan and go WHAT....THE....FUCK?

30-12.  This game should have been 20-20 with 2:00 minutes to go.  Gus/Lashlee He has no clue.  Time to move one.

I say this fully realizing there is no way in hell we would ever remotely consider a change. It is what it is.  We're stuck for the foreseeable future.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 05:50:01 PM »
 I think the powers that be are setting next year up to be a make or break year for Gus. With the talent we have coming back, we should dominate the SEC. If that doesn't happen, I think we will see Gus fired.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 05:52:17 PM »
I think the powers that be are setting next year up to be a make or break year for Gus. With the talent we have coming back, we should dominate the SEC. If that doesn't happen, I think we will see Gus fired.

You're smoking a strong strain of the Devil's lettuce if you think Jay Jacobs is doing anything to set Gus up to fail. No way. No how.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 06:51:34 PM »
 :facepalm:
You're smoking a strong strain of the Devil's lettuce if you think Jay Jacobs is doing anything to set Gus up to fail. No way. No how.
:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 07:08:29 PM »
Losing to Bama makes football less enjoyable for me since I work with 99% Bama fans. Knowing we didn't have a chance in hell of winning the Iron Bowl yesterday is unexceptable. We need to make a change or sell to for winning 7-8 games each year while Bama wins the championship every year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 07:20:28 PM »
Losing to Bama makes football less enjoyable for me since I work with 99% Bama fans. Knowing we didn't have a chance in hell of winning the Iron Bowl yesterday is unexceptable. We need to make a change or sell to for winning 7-8 games each year while Bama wins the championship every year.

I get where you're coming from, big dog, but he can't be the measuring stick of success.  Almost nobody beats that asshole.

We had a chance, and I'm pissed at Gus for fucking it up, but that can't be the metric.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2016, 08:51:26 PM »
I get where you're coming from, big dog, but he can't be the measuring stick of success.  Almost nobody beats that asshole.

We had a chance, and I'm pissed at Gus for fudgeing it up, but that can't be the metric.
The real problem here is that; like it or not, they are our biggest rival.  Also, Georgia is a very close second.
Any Auburn coach has to use them as their measuring stick.  You beat those two and it has been a good season.  Gus is falling waaaaaay short of that mark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2016, 10:39:35 PM »
The real problem here is that; like it or not, they are our biggest rival.  Also, Georgia is a very close second.
Any Auburn coach has to use them as their measuring stick.  You beat those two and it has been a good season.  Gus is falling waaaaaay short of that mark.

^^This right here^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2016, 10:46:09 PM »

0-6 last 3 seasons.

Not one win. Not one. I don't expect to beat them every time. Or even most of the time. Give me 40-45% against Bama. And 50-60% against Uga. As you said, way short.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2016, 10:56:01 PM »
Georgia Tech went into Athens yesterday and ripped the hearts out of those scumbags.  I smiled!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2016, 10:59:52 PM »
Georgia Tech went into Athens yesterday and ripped the hearts out of those scumbags.  I smiled!

With a roster full of two stars and left overs. Fuck our injuries. Thats bs. We should still be able to beat crap teams like Georgia with the talent left there even with injuries.

It's the coaching. As many have said, our coach cannot coach when the train veers off the tracks slightly. Not one iota.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 12:53:38 AM »
I must have missed something, I didn't see anything worth laughing about........just bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

jmar

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 04:55:02 AM »
Jay Jacob's will retire as AU AD.

But for my money...

Dana Holgorsen would be on my list.
He's 45, educated at Valdosta St., offensive minded and excellent with QBs. Houston is currently courting him.

In the meantime, we could really use Stidham. He might negate the Gushlee effect.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 05:55:00 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions