Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Absolutely Laughable

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Absolutely Laughable
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2016, 09:33:10 AM »
I don't think Rhett is the problem.

He is....in part. I believe the close/long relationship they have had is a hindrance. Gus, I think, may take advantage of that in the play calling side of things especially control. If Gus was to hire and new OC, it is very likely that Gus would get the middle finger if he stuck his nose in too far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2016, 11:00:18 AM »
I don't know what the answer is, I really don't.   Take just a second, though, and look at the "answers" around the SEC. 

1. Tennessee.  There was Kiffin, Dooley and now Butch "Winning Life Championships" Jones.  The Vols were expected to ride to the SEC East title on a pair of missing eyebrows.  Instead?  Barely beat App State. Beat a crappy Florida team. Hail mary miracle to overcome crappy UGA.  On track for the SEC-CG and a berth in the playoffs!  Ooops. Lose to A&M, Lose to Bama, Lose to crappy SC, lose to Vandy.  Flames. 8-4 feels like 4-8. They're begging some school to take him off their hands. And he's an assclown on top of it.

2. Georgia. Kirby Smart?  Really?  This is their guy?

3 -4 . South Carolina.  Florida.  Would you want Muschamp or Beaver-wain as the HC at Auburn? 

5. LSU.  Fired the winningest coach in school history and ended up with a position coach in his place -- and a guy who was without peer the worst SEC head coach I've ever seen when he was at Ole Miss.  Has he learned THAT much since he was booted from there?  His hire reminds me of them getting DiNardo or Ole Miss getting Houston Nutt.  It's not going to work.

6. Vanderbilt - Yeah, I'd take their guy.  Good hire, but who knows how he'd do on a bigger stage.

7. Kentucky - I'm not sold on Little Game Mark.  But he does read as a head coach and Malzahn really doesn't.

8. Missouri - Do they have a coach?

9. Arkansas - Would you really trade Malzahn for that fat, slobby, inept jerkwad?  What has he actually done there?  Nothing but beat us once so far as I can tell. 

10. Texas A&M.  Sumlin is a black Gus with a drinking problem.  So no. 

11. Ole Miss.  Freeze is Malzahn with bad teeth and a cheating problem.  So no. 

12. MSU. Hunchback and his wife can DIAF.   He might be a better coach than Malzahn, but I don't like him and wouldn't want him. 

So.  We run Gus off and what happens?  It's a crapshoot.   Given the current landscape, it really sort of has to reach a point to where we KNOW there's a better option who wants the job (or we end up like LSU and promote Rodney Garner to HC) or things have gotten so abysmally bad that there's no other option and we have to go a different way. 

Whoever we bring in -- when there is a change -- needs to burn it all down and start over.  Pat Dye did it.  Saban (as much as I hate him) did it.  Burn it to the ground, take the first year lumps and start over. 

Are we willing to endure that? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2016, 02:33:54 PM »

But what's the alternative? Let Gus run Headless Chicken plays with four and five star talent while our main rivals beat us six games in a row?

Are we willing to consider the reality of the SEC? It might seem like Alabama owns it, and it does, but in reality, the entire conference is wide open. There is the opportunity for another Saban-esque dynasty to appear.

Too much talent in the region and too much national exposure for someone not to capitalize. There's no excitement for any incoming high school superstars to attend any of the following schools:

LSU
Auburn
Tennessee
South Carolina
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Miss State
Texas A&M

You could probably throw Florida in the mix too, but they've at least made it to two straight SECCG games.

You get someone as head coach that generates a buzz, and you could reel in a lot of top talent that wants to compete in the SEC.

Did you see the list of recruits at the Iron Bowl to visit Tuscaloosa? 10 5 stars and 47 4 stars. That's absurd. Ohio State had nearly 20 five star recruits at their game.

The league is down and ripe for someone new to come in and assert itself as a dominant #2 that CAN challenge Alabama down the road. Instead we're going to wait it out with Coach Twirlybird until everyone else is out shopping too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2016, 02:48:13 PM »
No one is challenging Bama as long as Saban is there.  The playing field is not level, both in what they're allowed to do and for Nick Saban photos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2016, 02:52:27 PM »
No one is challenging Bama as long as Saban is there. 

Baloney.

Ole Miss beat them two years in a row. Jumped up by 20 this year.

LSU had nearly equal talent to them except for QB.

Georgia nearly beat them in the SECCG in 2012.

We beat them in 2013 and really should have won in 2014.

Ohio State whipped them in 2014 for the most part.

Oklahoma did in 2013.

Everyone wants to concede to that asshole, and yes, he's put together the most impressive dynasty in CFB history. But they aren't invincible. Everyone else has just really shat the bed in trying to challenge them.

You know the SEC has gotten ratty when Ole Miss is the only team to really give them hell the past few years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2016, 03:49:14 PM »
No one is challenging Bama as long as Saban is there.  The playing field is not level, both in what they're allowed to do and for Nick Saban photos.

Some decent coaching on our end would cut some of that out. We have the players, yes some were hurt, but even without them we should have beat UGA without problem. Look what Tech did to them. Good coaching can take players and elevate their talent. Poor coaching gives you a 7-6, 8-5. Want to say it was the players, same coaches are the ones recruiting them, evaluating talent .  I hope we go 16-0 next year, most likely 8-5 again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2016, 04:57:50 PM »
I don't know what the answer is, I really don't.   Take just a second, though, and look at the "answers" around the SEC. 

1. Tennessee.  There was Kiffin, Dooley and now Butch "Winning Life Championships" Jones.  The Vols were expected to ride to the SEC East title on a pair of missing eyebrows.  Instead?  Barely beat App State. Beat a crappy Florida team. Hail mary miracle to overcome crappy UGA.  On track for the SEC-CG and a berth in the playoffs!  Ooops. Lose to A&M, Lose to Bama, Lose to crappy SC, lose to Vandy.  Flames. 8-4 feels like 4-8. They're begging some school to take him off their hands. And he's an assclown on top of it.

2. Georgia. Kirby Smart?  Really?  This is their guy?

3 -4 . South Carolina.  Florida.  Would you want Muschamp or Beaver-wain as the HC at Auburn? 

5. LSU.  Fired the winningest coach in school history and ended up with a position coach in his place -- and a guy who was without peer the worst SEC head coach I've ever seen when he was at Ole Miss.  Has he learned THAT much since he was booted from there?  His hire reminds me of them getting DiNardo or Ole Miss getting Houston Nutt.  It's not going to work.

6. Vanderbilt - Yeah, I'd take their guy.  Good hire, but who knows how he'd do on a bigger stage.

7. Kentucky - I'm not sold on Little Game Mark.  But he does read as a head coach and Malzahn really doesn't.

8. Missouri - Do they have a coach?

9. Arkansas - Would you really trade Malzahn for that fat, slobby, inept jerkwad?  What has he actually done there?  Nothing but beat us once so far as I can tell. 

10. Texas A&M.  Sumlin is a black Gus with a drinking problem.  So no. 

11. Ole Miss.  Freeze is Malzahn with bad teeth and a cheating problem.  So no. 

12. MSU. Hunchback and his wife can DIAF.   He might be a better coach than Malzahn, but I don't like him and wouldn't want him. 

So.  We run Gus off and what happens?  It's a crapshoot.   Given the current landscape, it really sort of has to reach a point to where we KNOW there's a better option who wants the job (or we end up like LSU and promote Rodney Garner to HC) or things have gotten so abysmally bad that there's no other option and we have to go a different way. 

Whoever we bring in -- when there is a change -- needs to burn it all down and start over.  Pat Dye did it.  Saban (as much as I hate him) did it.  Burn it to the ground, take the first year lumps and start over. 

I'd take Les Miles
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2016, 08:35:44 AM »
I can't have a coach named Dana, unless it's for softball or volleyball or the like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2016, 11:27:00 AM »
I can't have a coach named Dana, unless it's for softball or volleyball or the like.
You'll get what we give you...and you'll like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2016, 01:38:45 PM »
Baloney.

Ole Miss beat them two years in a row. Jumped up by 20 this year.

LSU had nearly equal talent to them except for QB.

Georgia nearly beat them in the SECCG in 2012.

We beat them in 2013 and really should have won in 2014.

Ohio State whipped them in 2014 for the most part.

Oklahoma did in 2013.

Everyone wants to concede to that asshole, and yes, he's put together the most impressive dynasty in CFB history. But they aren't invincible. Everyone else has just really shat the bed in trying to challenge them.

You know the SEC has gotten ratty when Ole Miss is the only team to really give them hell the past few years.

08 - sugar      12-2
09 - nc           14-0
10 - cap one   10-3
11 - nc           12-1
12 - nc           13-1
13 - sugar       11-2
14 - runner up 12-2
15 - nc            14-1
16 - nc??         15-0/14-1??

Sorry. Snags is right. The big blip on his radar was cam newton in 10. That consistency you see above ain't going anywhere. They may lose one here and there but it's never a trend. Tebow, manziel, cam. Those guys and their type don't come around often and they were a lot of his losses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2016, 02:06:30 PM »
08 - sugar      12-2
09 - nc           14-0
10 - cap one   10-3
11 - nc           12-1
12 - nc           13-1
13 - sugar       11-2
14 - runner up 12-2
15 - nc            14-1

Sorry. Snags is right. The big blip on his radar was cam newton in 10. That consistency you see above ain't going anywhere. They may lose one here and there but it's never a trend. Tebow, manziel, cam. Those guys and their type don't come around often and they were a lot of his losses.
Damn right. And if we keep up our defense up and find the right QB to pair with a strong run game we are the greatest threat to win the SEC West, even with the playcalling handicap of Gushlee. There's no conceding.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2016, 02:23:37 PM »
08 - sugar      12-2
09 - nc           14-0
10 - cap one   10-3
11 - nc           12-1
12 - nc           13-1
13 - sugar       11-2
14 - runner up 12-2
15 - nc            14-1

You damn right I'm right.  Aiight? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2016, 03:58:50 PM »
Damn right. And if we keep up our defense up and find the right QB to pair with a strong run game we are the greatest threat to win the SEC West, even with the playcalling handicap of Gushlee. There's no conceding.
You can have a lot of talent, but if you can't evaluate how to use it or put them in a position to succeed from a gameplan standpoint, you're going to get exactly what Auburn is getting.  Because that's what's happening.  Auburn is very talented, especially on defense.  But for some reason Gus absolutely cannot accurately evaluate QBs.  I think he shoots from the hip on offense far too often.  The offensive identity has his personality all over it. 

Take the Iron Bowl as an example.  What was the plan of attack on offense?  What was the angle?  I have no idea.  It was all over the place.  Maybe that was the plan of attack; be all over the place and hope you hit a few big plays for TDs and hope your defense can keep Alabama under 21 points (which was doable)?  I don't know.  If he allowed his OC to do his job with limited meddling, you guys would be fine.  I don't think that Gus' ego will allow it though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2016, 04:07:24 PM »
So, what I have learned from this thread is that Auburn's only answer is to fire Malzahn and hire Rhett Lashlee.
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!1
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2016, 04:08:40 PM »
So, what I have learned from this thread is that Auburn's only answer is to fire Malzahn and hire Rhett Lashlee.
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!1

It took you 3 pages to figure that out?  Sheesh!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2016, 04:26:54 PM »
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!1

Or have a cam newton every season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2016, 05:18:49 PM »
Or have a cam newton every season.

Last two successful QB's we had were basically coached by others before they got here, everyone Gus has recruited and coached. Well,  :haha:.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2016, 06:14:52 AM »
You can have a lot of talent, but if you can't evaluate how to use it or put them in a position to succeed from a gameplan standpoint, you're going to get exactly what Auburn is getting.  Because that's what's happening.  Auburn is very talented, especially on defense.  But for some reason Gus absolutely cannot accurately evaluate QBs.  I think he shoots from the hip on offense far too often.  The offensive identity has his personality all over it. 

Take the Iron Bowl as an example.  What was the plan of attack on offense?  What was the angle?  I have no idea.  It was all over the place.  Maybe that was the plan of attack; be all over the place and hope you hit a few big plays for TDs and hope your defense can keep Alabama under 21 points (which was doable)?  I don't know.  If he allowed his OC to do his job with limited meddling, you guys would be fine.  I don't think that Gus' ego will allow it though.
We are stuck with Jay Jacobs and Gus' ego.
We run the ball at Auburn. That much Gus understands.
He also understands that we have to make a number of plays from the passing game to pair with the run game. Holding Alabama between 20-24 points along with a couple of turnovers should have been the plan. But our offensive line would have to take it to your defensive line for 2 1/2 quarters and hang on as did OSU in the NCG...this without White and a gimpy Pettway.

If this weren't the case we would have beaten Georgia.
So you see, a number of things had to take place for the improbable to happen.
We can't but hope to have enough talent to beat Alabama maybe once every three years or so. Not conceding a damn thing but that's the reality...the same reality over 120+ power conference programs would come to know if they were in the same state and in the SEC West.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:35:11 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2016, 09:06:11 AM »

Fuck you. You're a dumb ass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2016, 08:59:34 AM »
The short road to newfound success is to do Lashlee a favor, show some fucking backbone (don't wait on a directive or ultimatum) and go get Kendal Briles, the nuts and bolts of the Baylor offense. And as a bonus you go get Stidham...back in the hunt.

He's not coming to Auburn.  Neither of them are. Why would they?

I'm disillusioned, in case you haven't noticed.
Wrong.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 09:02:57 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs