Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Iron Bowl

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Iron Bowl
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2016, 03:56:03 PM »
Marcello just pushed an article that quotes Gus as saying Pettway will play.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2016, 04:39:46 PM »
Pat Dye comes on our local show every Monday during the season.  Yesterday, he talked about JJ throwing in practice and said he looks better than he ever has. He made the comment that if Johnson could translate half of how he's throwing it in practice to the real game, he'd be all those things everyone thought he'd be when he took over the starting job last year.

I know he missed that skinny post for 6 and had a couple of throws not quite in sync with the receiver.  But for the most part, I thought he looked pretty sharp and accurate. In watching some of it again, there were two throws in a row he put on the money, one to Ryan Davis and the next one to Kyle Davis.  Both drops.  The throw he made to Kyle Davis on a deep out pattern and laid it in perfectly between 2 defenders was damn fine. 

I'm not trying to talk myself or anyone else into thinking JJ is suddenly going to step out on the field at BDS and get back in the Heisman race in one game.  I'm just saying Pier One is having a blowout sale on their Fall throw pillows. Wait...how did jmar hack my account?

I'm saying if we get the run game working, JJ can be every bit as effective as Sean if he's not asked to make reads and can get the ball out of his hands quickly.  And I don't mean like the backwards pass against LSU last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2016, 04:51:39 PM »
Pat Dye comes on our local show every Monday during the season.  Yesterday, he talked about JJ throwing in practice and said he looks better than he ever has. He made the comment that if Johnson could translate half of how he's throwing it in practice to the real game, he'd be all those things everyone thought he'd be when he took over the starting job last year.

I know he missed that skinny post for 6 and had a couple of throws not quite in sync with the receiver.  But for the most part, I thought he looked pretty sharp and accurate. In watching some of it again, there were two throws in a row he put on the money, one to Ryan Davis and the next one to Kyle Davis.  Both drops.  The throw he made to Kyle Davis on a deep out pattern and laid it in perfectly between 2 defenders was damn fine. 

I'm not trying to talk myself or anyone else into thinking JJ is suddenly going to step out on the field at BDS and get back in the Heisman race in one game.  I'm just saying Pier One is having a blowout sale on their Fall throw pillows. Wait...how did jmar hack my account?

I'm saying if we get the run game working, JJ can be every bit as effective as Sean if he's not asked to make reads and can get the ball out of his hands quickly.  And I don't mean like the backwards pass against LSU last year.

At least that one wasn't intercepted.   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2016, 05:11:14 PM »

I never disliked JJ. I went to the Louisville game thinking we were going to kick ass because of him.  But there is just a bit missing.  He just isn't the guy that says "here, follow me"!
As a QB, you either have to be super talented, or have that urgent leaderships.

Hopefully he can play out of his mind and give us a chance!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2016, 06:11:24 PM »
Honestly, I think he shows up to the game...not like on the bus shows well yeah that too, but JJ shows up like he did in 2014 against Arkansas.  Yeah our Heisman hopeful. 

We'll be spinning our heads. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2016, 06:53:06 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2016, 09:54:46 PM »
New Playoff Poll:

1. Alabama
2. tOSU
3. Meatchicken
4. Fighting Dabos
5. Huskies
13. Auburn
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2016, 11:17:57 PM »
I'm still hearing Pet is out. That Gus is just playing some gamemanship!

What is Vegas saying?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2016, 11:29:57 PM »

What is Vegas saying?
I know but I can't talk about it.

Me and Prowler are probably the only ones that know. Skreets.

Werd up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2016, 11:53:07 PM »

What is Vegas saying?

Saw an SEC Network interview with Kerryon earlier tonight and they asked him who would have more yards in the Iron Bowl between him and Pettway.  He said he didn't care as long as they won.  Kamryn will be there. 

If not...I'll start taking tequila shots and main lining heroin by kick off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2016, 07:54:19 AM »
Saw an SEC Network interview with Kerryon earlier tonight and they asked him who would have more yards in the Iron Bowl between him and Pettway.  He said he didn't care as long as they won.  Kamryn will be there. 

If not...I'll start taking tequila shots and main lining heroin by kick off.
Kerryon should have told the Bamer Network that he planned to lay down two-fitty on the Tahd.

jmar's keys to making a New Year's Bowl

So my way is to treat each half like it's a separate game. JJ starts with Kerryon and the reserve backs with the intent of keeping pace- a clean, error free, no sack performance. Would also prefer everyone stay in bounds and let the clock run. IF our offense does it's job in the first half and our secondary doesn't get burned I THINK we can slow their run game enough to stay in it.

That said...if I have Pettway and White I would get them out there in the second half hoping to get a spark which might also inspire our defense. We could always rest them or sit them down if they can't go but this way you get everyone involved and they might defense us a little differently depending on our personnel which could play in our favor.

They have a place kicker that will either drill an unexpected 55 yarder or duck hook one from 30.
Their punter is aces. He regularly pins teams inside the 15 and this is where their defense really tightens the screws.

We have Legatron. We should ALWAYS take the sure points in this game. If we GO FOR anything in this game...say for two or on fourth down, make it on the last possession FOR THE WIN. Let the teams decide who wins, not stupid coaching.

Most of the time about a half dozen plays make the difference. We need to make more than they do.

And yes I have hacked into your account.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2016, 09:28:07 AM »
Kerryon should have told the Bamer Network that he planned to lay down two-fitty on the Tahd.

So my way is to treat each half like it's a separate game. JJ starts with Kerryon and the reserve backs with the intent of keeping pace- a clean, error free, no sack performance. Would also prefer everyone stay in bounds and let the clock run. IF our offense does it's job in the first half and our secondary doesn't get burned I THINK we can slow their run game enough to stay in it.

That said...if I have Pettway and White I would get them out there in the second half hoping to get a spark which might also inspire our defense. We could always rest them or sit them down if they can't go but this way you get everyone involved and they might defense us a little differently depending on our personnel which could play in our favor.

They have a place kicker that will either drill an unexpected 55 yarder or duck hook one from 30.
Their punter is aces. He regularly pins teams inside the 15 and this is where their defense really tightens the screws.

We have Legatron. We should ALWAYS take the sure points in this game. If we GO FOR anything in this game...say for two or on fourth down, make it on the last possession FOR THE WIN. Let the teams decide who wins, not stupid coaching.

Most of the time about a half dozen plays make the difference. We need to make more than they do.

Well put. One week isn't enough to prepare for both. I have always loved the idea of changing the game plan they adjusted for in the second half, there just isn't enough of it. With the Gus bus in overdrive after a jolting first half, Lashlee will unleash the beast for a sure beatdown in the second.

WDE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2016, 09:46:03 AM »

Well, that poses a problem for us sometimes.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2016, 10:50:43 AM »
This is always good for a laugh.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2016, 01:41:15 PM »
This is always good for a laugh.

If by always you mean "never" then yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2016, 03:59:22 PM »

While I like and applaud your plan, it is fantasy.
There will be no White and no Pettway.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2016, 07:11:39 PM »
I'd really like to know what kind of game plan you guys think would work to beat the ladies in pink this year? I like the idea of working the perimeter with passes and runs (JJ start) with our speedy guys to open up lanes for an 80% Pettway. Mix in KJ and the fucking TE for good measure, then add to that, a couple of defensive TDs to embarrass the Updykes at home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2016, 07:42:58 PM »

While I like and applaud your plan, it is fantasy.
There will be no White and no Pettway.
Pettway will play...White, probably not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2016, 09:34:37 PM »
Pettway will play...White, probably not.

Gonna be JJ I bet
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2016, 09:57:39 PM »
JJ, Pettway and Kyle Davis. 

Book that shit for the win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions