Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Iron Bowl

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Iron Bowl
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2016, 06:57:13 PM »
I am disappoint in your lack of showupedness Saturday.  I got several up close videos of the Nubian dancers.
I am pissed at myself! Went (against common sense and my better judgement) to a meet and greet dinner Friday night and developed a case of the green apple quick steps.

Note to self: Avoid buffet restaurants in the Pell City area.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2016, 09:13:24 PM »
No White. No Pettway. No win!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2016, 09:47:47 PM »
No White. No Pettway. No win!

Always about race with you. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2016, 10:04:14 PM »
If we were to eek out a win, it wouldn't be about who we have at qb. But RB, yes. We need Pettway and KJ, imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2016, 10:22:01 PM »
I personally think all hands will be on deck for the IB for Auburn....minus those season ending injured. I actually feel pretty good about this game. If bama loses, well, they will still play in the ATL. This would be huge for Auburn in its season plus be the giant killer in tuskaloser. Auburn has the best D the tahd will see this year. Pettway/KJ will be the best ground and pound the tahd sees this year. White needs to be given 12-15 chances to get the ball deep/intermediate just to keep from the loaded box.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2016, 10:33:04 PM »
Here's a few tidbits to ponder, reflect upon, think about, chew on, munch on or otherwise shove up your ass and store them, only to pull them out later for further consumption.

Points per game:

UA: 40

AU: 34

Points Allowed per game:

UA: 11.4

AU: 14.2

Rushing Offense:

AU: 298 yds per game.  5th in the nation.

UA: 250 yds per game.  13th in the nation

Total Yards Per Game: (Neither ranks in the top 50 in passing)

UA: 477 yds per game.  27th in the nation

AU: 473 yds per game.  30th in the nation

Rushing Defense:

UA: 69 yds per game.  #1 in the nation

AU: 118 yds per game.  17th in the nation

Passing Defense:

UA: 176 yds per game

AU: 216 yds per game

Total Defense:

UA:  245 yds per game and 11.4 points to rank #2 overall.

AU:  334 yds per game and 14.2 points to rank #18 overall.

What it comes down to is that our QB is not a huge difference maker.  White was efficient.  He ran the ball effectively in spots.  If JJ just gives us solid, don't beat yourself ball and makes a few plays in the passing game, there's not a ton of separation between these two teams. I didn't look at the numbers, but I imagine Token or RWS will confirm that where Bama really distanced themselves from several teams this year was the defensive turnovers and scoring.  Seemed like every time you turned around, someone was picking up a fumble and doing the scoop and score or going pick 6.

So ball control and protecting the pigskin will be at a premium.  To me, this says if both teams are healthy and playing at their best, we're talking a 1 to 2 score game.  Therefore, mistakes will be the key.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2016, 11:08:39 PM »
Here's a few tidbits to ponder, reflect upon, think about, chew on, munch on or otherwise shove up your ass and store them, only to pull them out later for further consumption.

Points per game:

UA: 40

AU: 34

Points Allowed per game:

UA: 11.4

AU: 14.2

Rushing Offense:

AU: 298 yds per game.  5th in the nation.

UA: 250 yds per game.  13th in the nation

Total Yards Per Game: (Neither ranks in the top 50 in passing)

UA: 477 yds per game.  27th in the nation

AU: 473 yds per game.  30th in the nation

Rushing Defense:

UA: 69 yds per game.  #1 in the nation

AU: 118 yds per game.  17th in the nation

Passing Defense:

UA: 176 yds per game

AU: 216 yds per game

Total Defense:

UA:  245 yds per game and 11.4 points to rank #2 overall.

AU:  334 yds per game and 14.2 points to rank #18 overall.

What it comes down to is that our QB is not a huge difference maker.  White was efficient.  He ran the ball effectively in spots.  If JJ just gives us solid, don't beat yourself ball and makes a few plays in the passing game, there's not a ton of separation between these two teams. I didn't look at the numbers, but I imagine Token or RWS will confirm that where Bama really distanced themselves from several teams this year was the defensive turnovers and scoring.  Seemed like every time you turned around, someone was picking up a fumble and doing the scoop and score or going pick 6.

So ball control and protecting the pigskin will be at a premium.  To me, this says if both teams are healthy and playing at their best, we're talking a 1 to 2 score game.  Therefore, mistakes will be the key.
I said as much with 98% fewer words, 2 posts above urine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 08:39:51 AM »

Which is problematic given the MASH unit we're trotting out offensively.  You'd like to have a solid core group of guys that are have been handling the ball and working together (in a totally non-gay way, of course) for twelve weeks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2016, 09:37:23 AM »
Listen, I'm as much in the "We beat Bingville!" camp as the rest of you. Realistically, the advantages it will take to do so just aren't there this time around for our team. Not unless the entire opposition develops a case of dysentery the likes of which was last seen circa 1700s.

I'd be ok with that.  And can we throw in some bubonic plague, also?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2016, 09:42:22 AM »
Which is problematic given the MASH unit we're trotting out offensively.  You'd like to have a solid core group of guys that are have been handling the ball and working together (in a totally non-gay way, of course) for twelve weeks.

Mash unit?  Did someone go get Spearchunker Jones?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2016, 09:47:44 AM »
Mash unit?  Did someone go get Spearchunker Jones?

No, but AWK has been lobbying for the part of Hot Lips.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2016, 12:39:58 PM »
Without White and Pettway, they cover the spread, imo. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

chinook

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2016, 12:55:08 PM »

i agree.  our defense will keep it tight, tight. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2016, 02:01:38 PM »
I'd be ok with that.  And can we throw in some bubonic plague, also?
And/or goat AIDS?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2016, 02:51:22 PM »

By all accounts, I am hearing White and Pettway done for the year. Pettway leaning pro.

I will cheer and cuss like hell, but I have e no great expectations for us in this Iron Bowl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2016, 02:57:59 PM »

By all accounts, I am hearing White and Pettway done for the year. Pettway leaning pro.

I will cheer and cuss like hell, but I have e no great expectations for us in this Iron Bowl.

Marcello just pushed an article that quotes Gus as saying Pettway will play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2016, 02:58:31 PM »

EDIT: Westy beat me to it but here's a link and text.

Pettway just a Sophomore so he can't go pro yet. And this: http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Kamryn-Pettway-to-play-against-Alabama-49183640

Kamryn Pettway to play against Alabama

Running back Kamryn Pettway is returning for the Iron Bowl.

Auburn's leading rusher will travel to Tuscaloosa for the Iron Bowl and will play against No. 1 Alabama, Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said.

"Any time you have someone like that back, it change things," Malzahn said.

Pettway surpassed 1,000 yards for the season against Vanderbilt three weeks ago, injured his left quadricep at the tail-end of a 60-yard run against the Commodores. He did not play in the Tigers' last two games and was replaced by former starter Kerryon Johnson in the lineup.

"It means a lot," Johnson said of Pettway's return. "It means I won't be as tired, I hope. It means you get another 1,000 yard rusher back, that's a very huge deal. ... To have both of us back there together again is nice."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2016, 02:59:57 PM »
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 03:01:34 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2016, 03:05:29 PM »
Pettway is the one thing that could give us a chance. Hopefully they are correct and he can play. Apparently the reports of his demise were over exaggerated!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2016, 03:07:08 PM »
Pettway is the one thing that could give us a chance. Hopefully they are correct and he can play. Apparently the reports of his demise were over exaggerated!

Twirlybird Cox is back too. That matters even if Sean's arm is as fucked up as the skreets fear.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg