Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Vandy game

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Vandy game
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2016, 05:19:58 AM »
Not that it matters going forward but:
Frankin isn't reading or keying anything. He just hands off until a lane large enough for a truck opens on the backside. That isn't a "read" but it serves a guy well that is small and full of fear. Nothing against the kid he's just in the wrong league.
That's what I saw...so, why did Lashlee offer him after one game? I'm kinda worried about the QB position going forward...I wasn't worried about it at the start of he season, but watching JF3 play...we have Sean White aaand that's it. Apparently Woody Barrett is absolutely horrible. One thing, regarding Sean White, what the fuck is the deal with the way he throws the medium to deep ball? Strangest delivery I've ever seen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2016, 07:13:35 AM »
Not that it matters going forward but:
Frankin isn't reading or keying anything. He just hands off until a lane large enough for a truck opens on the backside. That isn't a "read" but it serves a guy well that is small and full of fear. Nothing against the kid he's just in the wrong league.
He would dominate the OVC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2016, 07:15:17 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2016, 07:49:50 AM »
One thing, regarding Sean White, what the fuck is the deal with the way he throws the medium to deep ball? Strangest delivery I've ever seen.

It's the Chris Todd duck-and-chuck.  Often employed by QBs with average arm strength to shot-put the ball down the field.  Ugly, but can be effective.

so, why did Lashlee offer him after one game?

I think that's an urban legend spawned by a tv show.  It wasn't as though RL had never heard of the kid and just showed up at EMCC with an offer in hand should he be impressed.  They had been recruiting JF3 for a while prior to that game.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 07:51:46 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2016, 09:26:08 AM »

I think that's an urban legend spawned by a tv show.  It wasn't as though RL had never heard of the kid and just showed up at EMCC with an offer in hand should he be impressed.  They had been recruiting JF3 for a while prior to that game.

I agree but through all that time they still went for him? Did they not see the issues with his lack of arm? Once again, I have serious questions about this staff's ability to evaluate offensive talent - particularly QBs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2016, 09:50:28 AM »
I agree but through all that time they still went for him? Did they not see the issues with his lack of arm? Once again, I have serious questions about this staff's ability to evaluate offensive talent - particularly QBs.

That's fair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2016, 10:52:23 AM »
I think maybe they looked at his arm strength and that God awful footwork thinking they could fix it but there are 11 year olds with better mechanics. Might be better to just let him do shallow rollouts since he should be meshing anyway... that's if you can get the heebie jeebies out of him. He makes me nervous just standing on the sidelines.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2016, 11:31:31 AM »
I think maybe they looked at his arm strength and that God awful footwork thinking they could fix it but there are 11 year olds with better mechanics. Might be better to just let him do shallow rollouts since he should be meshing anyway... that's if you can get the heebie jeebies out of him. He makes me nervous just standing on the sidelines.

What's funny to me is Franklin is exactly the same as Jalen Hurts.  Their skill sets are almost identical.  Both can run a little bit.  Neither can throw the ball with any degree of accuracy despite having big arms.  Both consistently make poor decisions.

The only difference is that Franklin isn't protected by a roided up offensive line that's allowed to hold with impunity.   Franklin doesn't have a defense with a collective IQ of 18 and a pill-fueled rage that provides him a score or two in most games. 

You put JalenTurds in as AU Qb and he'd be just as shitty as Franklin.   You stick Franklin in theirs?  He's going to look as good or better than that diddle-brained dripwad. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2016, 11:35:54 AM »
What's funny to me is Franklin is exactly the same as Jalen Hurts.  Their skill sets are almost identical.  Both can run a little bit.  Neither can throw the ball with any degree of accuracy despite having big arms.  Both consistently make poor decisions.

The only difference is that Franklin isn't protected by a roided up offensive line that's allowed to hold with impunity.   Franklin doesn't have a defense with a collective IQ of 18 and a pill-fueled rage that provides him a score or two in most games. 

You put JalenTurds in as AU Qb and he'd be just as shitty as Franklin.   You stick Franklin in theirs?  He's going to look as good or better than that diddle-brained dripwad.
Nyoop. Can't agree with you here. I think Hurts is for real. He's not a Chad Kelly passer but he's more of a QB than Franklin. He's 100X the QB Franklin is. The kid is the best QB in the league, imo. Maybe not passing wise but overall.

I'd take him over Kelly or the Hog QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2016, 11:52:29 AM »
Nyoop. Can't agree with you here. I think Hurts is for real. He's not a Chad Kelly passer but he's more of a QB than Franklin. He's 100X the QB Franklin is. The kid is the best QB in the league, imo. Maybe not passing wise but overall.

I've only watched part of two or three games of theirs.  I've only seen him look like warmed over dog food. 

Maybe I missed something.  But I doubt it.  I'm not impressed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2016, 11:56:49 AM »

Chad Kelly is a tremendous talent. Allen's pretty damn good also. Hurt's can't make the kind of throws that they can, and he's a coaches son.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2016, 12:17:39 PM »

Agreed. Hurts is more comparable to Marshall. Although I think Marshall was a better runner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2016, 12:33:54 PM »
All I know is we need to stop him from running wide, same as LSU's plan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2016, 01:03:05 PM »
All I know is we need to stop him from running wide, same as LSU's plan.

When the refs get tired of them not scoring and allow them to grab people in choke holds and turn them back to the sideline?   Then he'll cut inside like he did against LSU.

I could have made his "amazing" run if Scarborough is allowed to take the DE and just bear hug him. 

The DE, who had containment and was supposed to force Hurts  to the sideline, instead gets turned sideways (illegally) opening up a mile wide cut back crevasse.  Why?  Because the LSU defense was flowing to the sideline to cut him off, not knowing that UA was going to be allowed to blatantly cheat.   

There's also a serious hold on Arden Key behind Hurts which allowed him to maneuver out of the pocket, but that's just part of it. 

Yeah, LSU overpursued a little.  Beckwith and Riley were both a step and a lean past where they needed to be to plug the lane.  But they wouldn't have been in that situation if the hold on Neal, the DE, wasn't so egregious.   

Just saying that at their place when they're allowed to cheat the way they are?  Tall order. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2016, 04:34:15 PM »
Two days later I'm still trying to figure out how there was no flag thrown whatsoever on the blocked kick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2016, 05:05:29 PM »
Two days later I'm still trying to figure out how there was no flag thrown whatsoever on the blocked kick.

I have no idea what the college rule is. However, I saw an NFL game a couple of weeks ago where a player did the same thing with no flag.  The only question was whether or not he touched anyone, sexually or otherwise.  I would have to imagine the rule is the same since everybody, including the refs and God, saw clearly what he did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2016, 06:18:54 PM »
I have no idea what the college rule is. However, I saw an NFL game a couple of weeks ago where a player did the same thing with no flag.  The only question was whether or not he touched anyone, sexually or otherwise.  I would have to imagine the rule is the same since everybody, including the refs and God, saw clearly what he did.
I'm pretty sure he sexually groped the long snapper on the way by.  I am surprised you haven't already started an online petition to have Cunningham suspended.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2016, 08:24:36 PM »
Seattle's Kam Chancellor leaped the Carolina center to block FG attempt...2X.
No penalty.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:43:08 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2016, 09:20:56 PM »
I'm pretty sure he sexually groped the long snapper on the way by.  I am surprised you haven't already started an online petition to have Cunningham suspended.

You're so 2000 and late.  Petition has 470,000 signatures.

www.protectthelongsnapper@change.org
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2016, 09:23:11 PM »
As long as defender does not use a player as a leaping board or land on another teams player it is a legal play to jump over. He didn't touch anyone therefore no flag
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum