Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

You can't count on Arkansas for shit

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: You can't count on Arkansas for shoot
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2016, 05:14:34 PM »
I was surprised that I didn't hear about PCT mashing that poor guy.  He sounded like he was fried.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: You can't count on Arkansas for shoot
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2016, 05:40:57 PM »
I was surprised that I didn't hear about PCT mashing that poor guy.  He sounded like he was fried.
I was in the presence of Wench's momma. She (Wench"s momma) would have beat the fire out of me. I still have a bruised rib from Wench's elbow for going as far as I did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: You can't count on Arkansas for shit
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2016, 05:43:15 PM »
One does not often find opportunity to use both surly and churlish in the same sentence.  Well done.

I can be quite erudite when I choose to be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2016, 01:17:34 AM »
Regardless of how often or not Auburn beats Arkansas, the point still stands that more often than not Arky is in the bottom of the SEC.  Last year you guys managed 4th in the West, which was overachieving as of late.  The past years before that Arky was next to last or last in the SEC.  This year they're tied with Mizzou and Vandy as winless in the SEC so far.  And that's probably not going to change next week when Ole Miss skull fucks you guys.

Nice call.  I don't mean to question your super keen football intellect, but what exactly have you seen from OM lately that made you think they would beat the hogs?  I mean you obviously have a poor opinion of ark, and we had beaten OM the last two years in a row,. Seems like you would have really thought OM was pitiful.  I mean, had OM beaten anybody worth a damn over the last two years to make you think they were any good?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2016, 01:51:44 AM »
     Nice call.  I don't mean to question your super keen football intellect, but what exactly have you seen from OM lately that made you think they would beat the hogs?  I mean you obviously have a poor opinion of ark, and we had beaten OM the last two years in a row,. Seems like you would have really thought OM was pitiful.  I mean, had OM beaten anybody worth a damn over the last two years to make you think they were any good?

Well there was that "only team to beat the eventual national champions" thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2016, 02:32:03 AM »
Well, last year they did beat four ranked SEC West teams, including Alabama.  Then ass raped a ranked Oklahoma State team in the bowl game finishing 10-3.  This year, prior to tonight, they had only lost to two top 5 teams.  Against those two teams, at one point they had at least a 21 point lead.  They have a QB that could start anywhere in the country and will more than likely be a top 10 pick in the draft next year.  Kelly simply doesn't have any weapons around him this year, whereas last year he did.  They may be 3-3, but they are capable of beating anyone at any given time.

Arkansas simply hasn't been impressive this season.  You guys got ass raped by aTm and Alabama, and beat Louisiana Tech by 1 point.  Don't act like it should have been a foregone conclusion that Arkansas was going to win this game.  Especially a week after playing Alabama.  With that said, it's a good win for Arkansas; Ole Miss is a good team regardless of the 3-3 record.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2016, 07:41:33 AM »
Looks like we can count on Bielema to beat Freeze.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2016, 08:57:31 AM »
That was a really fun game to watch and resulted in the best possible outcome for Auburn.

I remain very unimpressed with Arky's defense:

Ranked #91 in total defense, giving up 223 pypg and 176 rypg.  They are down to the scrubs in their LB corps and seem to struggle to generate a pass rush with their DLine.

On the other side of the ball, Allen is spunky and has some good receiving threats but the #22 Auburn defense held Clemson and TA&M substantially under their usual offensive output and have been playing better as a unit with every passing week.

Haven't seen any early lines, but I'd guess that we're a 4-5 point favorite at home.

Lay those points, ladies.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2016, 09:32:29 AM »
That was a really fun game to watch and resulted in the best possible outcome for Auburn.

Ranked #91 in total defense, giving up 223 pypg and 176 rypg.  They are down to the scrubs in their LB corps and seem to struggle to generate a pass rush with their DLine.

On the other side of the ball, Allen is spunky and has some good receiving threats but the #22 Auburn defense held Clemson and TA&M substantially under their usual offensive output and have been playing better as a unit with every passing week.

Haven't seen any early lines, but I'd guess that we're a 4-5 point favorite at home.

Our d-line should keep us in the remaining games even if our offense is struggling. Hopefully the timely play calling will continue. Didn't get to watch the Hogs as planned but from your description they seem very similar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2016, 03:19:09 PM »

Agreed.

Opening line is 9. We should beat them by at least 14, but Auburn is always suseptable to a back door cover by the other team because we always take our foot off their necks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2016, 05:03:17 PM »
Agreed.

Opening line is 9. We should beat them by at least 14, but Auburn is always suseptable to a back door cover by the other team because we always take our foot off their necks.

9 gives me some pause.  Will be interesting to watch that line for movement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2016, 06:09:24 PM »
Well, last year they did beat four ranked SEC West teams, including Alabama.  Then ass raped a ranked Oklahoma State team in the bowl game finishing 10-3.  This year, prior to tonight, they had only lost to two top 5 teams.  Against those two teams, at one point they had at least a 21 point lead.  They have a QB that could start anywhere in the country and will more than likely be a top 10 pick in the draft next year.  Kelly simply doesn't have any weapons around him this year, whereas last year he did.  They may be 3-3, but they are capable of beating anyone at any given time.

Arkansas simply hasn't been impressive this season.  You guys got ass raped by aTm and Alabama, and beat Louisiana Tech by 1 point.  Don't act like it should have been a foregone conclusion that Arkansas was going to win this game.  Especially a week after playing Alabama.  With that said, it's a good win for Arkansas; Ole Miss is a good team regardless of the 3-3 record.

They have a QB name Johnson also?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'