Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

4-2 and I am just not feeling it

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
4-2 and I am just not feeling it
« on: October 08, 2016, 05:32:52 PM »
38-14 should feel better than this but it doesn't. Maybe because it's Mississippi State (go fudge yourselves, Edam cheese cowbell ringing motherfudgeers). Maybe it's because the offense still looks handcuffed. I think we make a bowl, probably Belk. But are we really getting back to being a top team in the West? Arkansas will be a physical game. Ole Miss is going to try and lure us into a track meet/score fest. Vandy sucks. Alabama A&M is a free handjob. Maybe we get Georgia because they are in flux. Bama? Not sure we can score on those roid monsters. So we go 7-5 or 8-4 and where are we going? Most of the defense leaves. I don't know. Maybe I should drink. Or off myself.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 06:36:31 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

chinook

Re: 4&2 and I am just not feeling it
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 06:00:25 PM »
38-14 should feel better than this but it doesn't. Maybe because it's Mississippi State (go fudge yourselves, Edam cheese cowbell ringing motherfudgeers). Maybe it's because the offense still looks handcuffed. I think we make a bowl, probably Belk. But are we really getting back to being a top team in the West? Arkansas will be a physical game. Ole Miss is going to try and lure us into a track meet/score fest. Vandy sucks. Alabama A&M is a free handjob. Maybe we get Georgia because they are in flux. Bama? Not sure we can score on those roid monsters. So we go 7-5 or 8-4 and where are we going? Most of the defense leaves. I don't know. Maybe I should drink. Or off myself.

wow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 06:21:37 PM »
You mean you sober?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 06:28:07 PM »
Fuck.   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: 4-2 and I am just not feeling it
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 06:53:50 PM »
We played two of the top 10 teams in the nation the first two weeks of the season...  We went on the road and scored TOUCHDOWNS against an SEC opponent; albeit, a shitty one.  For once, the direction of the team looks forward and that's nice to see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 07:01:09 PM »
Could be worse, we could be Houston Cougar fans.  #6 gets whipped by Navy
Love it    :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 07:13:46 PM »
Could be worse, we could be Houston Cougar fans.  #6 gets whipped by Navy
Love it    :gig:

I root for Navy every weekend except one each year.

Go Army that weekend.

(Sorry, Chief.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 07:27:14 PM »
I've been sitting firmly with my arms crossed in the "Fire Gus Malzahn chair" and even I recognized the AUSOMENESS of that win today.

And most of the defense leaves? I think two players from the d-line leave. We keep our linebackers. We keep Carlton Davis. We have a true freshman defensive end wrecking shit.

The offense might be starting to click.

Chin up, sissy pants (sorry for the language, Wes). It's going to at least be an interesting 2nd half of the season.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 07:29:22 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 07:47:58 PM »
I've been sitting firmly with my arms crossed in the "Fire Gus Malzahn chair" and even I recognized the AUSOMENESS of that win today.

And most of the defense leaves? I think two players from the d-line leave. We keep our linebackers. We keep Carlton Davis. We have a true freshman defensive end wrecking shoot.

Chin up, sissy pants (sorry for the language, Wes). It's going to at least be an interesting 2nd half of the season.

If anyone was gonna be with me, I figured it would be you, but clearly I need to recalculate my numbers.

Or drink.

Or off myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 07:49:14 PM »

And most of the defense leaves? I think two players from the d-line leave. We keep our linebackers. We keep Carlton Davis. We have a true freshman defensive end wrecking shit.

We lose Lawson and Adams. Keep most everything else important. Trigga Trey I think we lose too but not sure that's critical. This team is Young. O looked much better. We beat miss state like we should every year. And on the road. They came out amped up and so did their crowd. And we shut them up quickly even after an Int.

I'm cool with it. We could have made it 63-7. We didn't. It's a long season. Don't need to do anything stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 07:53:28 PM »
Don't need to do anything stupid.

Pretty sure the goob coaches will handle that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 07:58:53 PM »
Pretty sure the goob coaches will handle that.

Meaning injuries. Esp at Rb and OL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 08:29:01 PM »
I slept through the game. Shift change. So, wtf happened in the second half? I heard we were up 35-0 at halftime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 08:41:13 PM »
I slept through the game. Shift change. So, wtf happened in the second half? I heard we were up 35-0 at halftime.

Brody Croyle says Miss. St. outscored us 14-3.

No, we took our foot off the gas and ran 36 like he was being punished.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2016, 09:02:45 PM »
If anyone was gonna be with me, I figured it would be you, but clearly I need to recalculate my numbers.

Or drink.

Or off myself.

Just remember we still want to win.

I can't ask for much more than that performance. Maybe I would have liked the gas pedal to have been pressed in the 3rd quarter a bit more but that doesn't matter. We dominated an SEC opponent on the road. Our offense ran the ball down their throat. Our QB treated their back seven like they were Arkansas State or LA Monroe. Our defense tackled hard, broke up passes, and pressured the quarterback.

If I'm honest, I still don't buy that we're headed towards a wonderful season. A lot of hurdles to jump but I feel better for this particular season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 10:21:08 PM »
Just remember we still want to win.

I can't ask for much more than that performance. Maybe I would have liked the gas pedal to have been pressed in the 3rd quarter a bit more but that doesn't matter. We dominated an SEC opponent on the road. Our offense ran the ball down their throat. Our QB treated their back seven like they were Arkansas State or LA Monroe. Our defense tackled hard, broke up passes, and pressured the quarterback.

If I'm honest, I still don't buy that we're headed towards a wonderful season. A lot of hurdles to jump but I feel better for this particular season.
Yup. I'm still thinking 8-4
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2016, 10:30:54 PM »

Or drink.

Or off myself.

Are we supposed to vote?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016, 11:19:38 PM »

I can't ask for much more than that performance.

Wellllll....mostly.

Maybe I would have liked the gas pedal to have been pressed in the 3rd quarter a bit more but that doesn't matter.

This is a disturbing pattern with Gus/Lash...the 3rd Q slump.  It's been pointed out before today...or even this season.  It needs addressing.  But....

We dominated an SEC opponent on the road. Our offense ran the ball down their throat. Our QB treated their back seven like they were Arkansas State or LA Monroe. Our defense tackled hard, broke up passes, and pressured the quarterback.

Fuckin A, Cotton.  They suck moldy taints, but we put it on they ass proper.  That wasn't a Sun Belt team, or a rent-a-directional win.  Those boys are members of the SEC-W. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2016, 12:02:19 AM »
Jesus, what a whiny bitch the OP is.

Can't wait for Dallas to give us his opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2016, 01:27:01 AM »
Jesus, what a whiny bitch the OP is.

Can't wait for Dallas to give us his opinion.

This is the kind of solid posting I can get behind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."