Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Aftermath

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: The Aftermath
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2016, 03:03:53 PM »
That we had a QB Recruit who's dad said WTF was that you don't need to play here.

Bye Stidham!  Wish we could have landed your commitment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2016, 03:08:30 PM »
I've said from the start that we have as much talent as anyone in the country.  For the first time...and yes, this is the first time I've really felt this way...I feel like we have a head coach that has no clue how to use it.  I honestly didn't read anything into last season. Kind of the perfect storm of things going wrong.  But Gus recognized that and said he's getting back to what he does best.  Okay, I can live with that.  Let's see what happens.

But what he did Saturday night....let me see if I can put it this way.  Since Malzahn got here, I've defended the guy against, and even laughed at all the detractors that said he's just a high school coach running a gimmicky offense.  How do you watch what he did Saturday night and try to say anything different with a straight face?  But then, even HS teams don't pull that garbage for 4 quarters. 

I've long since stopped getting worked up over the "State of Auburn football".  I love being passionate about it during the games and texting a few hearty "WTF's" to some of you assholes.  But like GH said earlier, I'm still going regardless because I love Auburn and the game day experience.  (Not this weekend.  It's mini's birthday and I'm taking him fishing in Destin) I just hate that it appears CGM may have, as they say, forgotten how to coach.  I see this weekend as being very telling as to whether he really, truly recognizes that what went on Saturday was a complete and utter brain fart on his part.  If he comes out doing anything resembling his "plan" for the Clemson game, I fear a coaching search will soon be in order.

Empty seats in the stadium gets the PTB attention very quick.  Bad season and the whole upper deck could be very empty by the last game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2016, 08:24:46 PM »
CKS:

Kevin Steele said Auburn played 11 defensive linemen against Clemson 'and they all played well.'

That will pay dividends!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2016, 09:19:44 PM »
Our Problem this year is the same as last year.

WE DON'T HAVE A QB

You can name a starter and stick with him, you can play 2, you can play 3, but at the end of the day none of them are SEC caliber stars.

We were given no chance to win the Clemson game.  Our Coaches know we don't have a QB capable of beating Clemson.  They tried to "trick" their way to victory.  Had it worked they would be geniuses.  It didn't and they are goats.

At the end of the day, I went into the stadium hoping we would not get skull fucked.  I thought our defense would be better and it was much better.  I left the stadium after seeing us take the #2 team in the country down to the wire. Not happy, but not pissed either.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2016, 10:35:49 PM »

WE DON'T HAVE A QB

You can name a starter and stick with him, you can play 2, you can play 3, but at the end of the day none of them are SEC caliber stars.

Whose fault is that? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2016, 10:55:02 PM »
What I needed to hear from Gus to make Saturday palatable

I screwed up.  This is all on me.  I had a gameplan I thought would work and one that I really thought would maximize our strengths, but it simply didn't work. That's 100% on my shoulders. Those men fought their tails off and they did their best to execute what we told them to do. You can't fault a single person in that locker room for their effort. 

We did a poor job of getting the quarterbacks ready to play.  That's going to change or people will be held accountable.  We did a poor job of putting our players in a position to succeed.  That's going to change or people will be held accountable.

And now the fantasy section of what I needed to hear:
There will never be another Saturday like that.  If there is, I will walk to this podium and resign on the spot. I cannot in good conscience continue to fail this team at that level. And I won't.

Effective immediately, Rhett Lashlee has been transferred to Auburn Concessions.  He will be handling weiners in the pressbox during games.  We have hired June Jones and Dan Hawkins as assistant coaches.  We've also added Bryan Harsin and Matt Campbell to the staff.  Sorry Boise State and Toledo, and apologies also to Kodi Burns who is being switched from quarterback to receiver -- I mean assistant to graduate assistant. 

My godson Jeremy Johnson will be at my home during games watching my kids and walking the dogs.

What we got instead

That was the plan.  How many times do I have to say it?  That was the plan.  I didn't see anything wrong with it.  That was the plan.  You going to keep asking me the same questions?  That was the plan.  I already said, that was the fucking plan.  So yeah, fuck you.  It was the plan.  What?  You don't like it?  Well it was the fucking plan, so deal with it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2016, 11:32:52 PM »

Direct quote from Malzahn:
Malzahn: "We thought [using three quarterbacks] would be successful and obviously it wasn’t."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2016, 11:34:45 PM »
Direct quote from Malzahn:

It's not enough.  It's just not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2016, 01:01:31 AM »
Empty seats in the stadium gets the PTB attention very quick.  Bad season and the whole upper deck could be very empty by the last game.
I wish the students would boycott.  Especially since they threatened us to not sell our tickets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2016, 08:34:02 AM »
It's not enough.  It's just not.

It never is.

Move those goalposts, Herbie.

He owned it.  Let's move on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2016, 08:39:00 AM »
It never is.

He said a lot of shit over the last couple of years.  He never did any of it. 

He needs to say it and then he needs to do it.   

To me what he said was in the way of somebody who doesn't actually apologize but says "I'm sorry you're mad."

And no, I'm not ready to move on from the abortion that was shoved out on Saturday.  That was inexcusable and humiliating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2016, 08:45:41 AM »

And no, I'm not ready to move on from the abortion that was shoved out on Saturday.  That was inexcusable and humiliating.

You do you, boo.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2016, 10:01:50 AM »
Smokin' Joe rolled out some killer jambalaya Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2016, 10:32:39 AM »
Smokin' Joe rolled out some killer jambalaya Saturday.

I felt outnumbered.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2016, 10:45:32 AM »
I felt outnumbered.

Yeah, but you were totin' a big stick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2016, 11:13:58 AM »

WE DON'T HAVE A QB

We were given no chance to win the Clemson game.  Our Coaches know we don't have a QB capable of beating Clemson.  They tried to "trick" their way to victory.  Had it worked they would be geniuses.  It didn't and they are goats.

At the end of the day, I went into the stadium hoping we would not get skull fucked.  I thought our defense would be better and it was much better.  I left the stadium after seeing us take the #2 team in the country down to the wire. Not happy, but not pissed either.

Agree to disagree, Sean White is more than capable if given a chance.

He isn't allowed to run the zone read....he isn't allowed to call audibles.  He can read a defense and has told the coaches that the play is not going to work and has been told to "run the play."
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 11:15:53 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2016, 11:15:09 AM »
I felt outnumbered.
Just how big a boy are ya?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2016, 11:36:07 AM »
...has told the coaches that the play is not going to work and has been told to "run the play."

This boggles the mind. As a former coach of younger guys, this is a coach's dream. Have a guy out there that sees it and gets it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2016, 11:55:33 AM »
Agree to disagree, Sean White is more than capable if given a chance.

He isn't allowed to run the zone read....he isn't allowed to call audibles.  He can read a defense and has told the coaches that the play is not going to work and has been told to "run the play."
+1.

White is an SEC quarterback. He's not Cam Newton. Y'all gotta realize that train ain't coming back to the station for a long, long time.

He is at least a Chris Todd. He is on par with whatever douche-du-jour Bama always has under center. He is an accurate passer and appears to be able to make good decisions. Is not a complete statue in the backfield either. Running isn't going to ever be a first option, but it's a last resort in his arsenal.

I'm FINE with White, so long as he's allowed to get into a rhythm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2016, 12:00:51 PM »
It never is.

No shit.

"We thought using three quarterbacks would be successful and obviously it wasn’t."

What we got instead
That was the plan.  How many times do I have to say it?  That was the plan.  I didn't see anything wrong with it.  That was the plan.  You going to keep asking me the same questions?  That was the plan.  I already said, that was the fucking plan.  So yeah, fuck you.  It was the plan.  What?  You don't like it?  Well it was the fucking plan, so deal with it. 

Malzahn: "We thought [using three quarterbacks] would be successful and obviously it wasn’t."

Kaos: Not good enough

You set a specific set of demands that he MUST say to be Kaos-approved, he met them, almost as if he was replying directly to your post, and you're still pissed. It directly defied your characterization of "what we got".

That is the definition of petulance.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 12:40:11 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions