Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who Is The Next Star?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Who Is The Next Star?
« on: September 01, 2016, 02:46:59 PM »
Make your pick on offense and defense of who is the next emerging star.  Carl Lawson is excluded from the discussion. If he stays healthy, he's the no-brainer. 

On offense, I think Kerryon Johnson is our next 1,000 yard rusher.  In fact, I think he blows past the 1,000 yard mark easily.  For some reason, I keep thinking the guy is undersized even though he's now listed at 6'0 and 211 lbs.  But I think back to 2005, when I wasn't real happy about going into the season with Kenny Irons as our go to guy.  I looked back and Irons was listed at 5'11" and 201.  He ran like a frickin' beast.  I see Carry On kicking rectum behind a damn good O-line.

Defensively, I weeble wobbled between Darrell Williams and Montavious Atkinson, but I think Williams is going to be the guy.  Remember the Spring game a few years ago when Justin Garrett had a monster game, making some freaky good plays?  Looked like we had something there; however, injuries pretty much stifled his career.  I believe Atkinson is that kind of player.  Lean, fast LB that will be all over the field when he gets his shot.  He'll be that guy coming like a missile through the line on a blitz.  But...I believe Darrell Williams is the right mix of size, speed and nasty that by the time we're about half way through the season, he'll be averaging 10+ tackles a game.

Originally, I was going to pick a tight end on offense, but that would be too easy.

Who ya' got?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Who Is The Next Star?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 02:50:02 PM »
Ike Powell
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 02:53:45 PM »
Ike Powell

Pay attention.  Sheesh!!! I said "emerging" star.  Ike is the force that drives Auburn football.  He's the axis of our universe.  He's what Dothan is to the Tri-States area.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 02:55:45 PM »
Pay attention.  Sheesh!!! I said "emerging" star.  Ike is the force that drives Auburn football.  He's the axis of our universe.  He's what Dothan is to the Tri-States area.

Out here is Tejas we aren't privy to all the information you locals get.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 02:59:30 PM »
Sean White and Marlon Davidson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 03:00:07 PM »
On offense:  Will Hastings.  Remember that name and who you heard it from, my frien.

On defense:  There will be two that for the first few games, many people will say "who was that?"  when they see a huge hit by the defense.  Either Paul James III or Marlon Davidson will be the answer to their question.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 03:00:39 PM »
Broussard and Davidson.

And the current long snapper in waiting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 03:07:44 PM »
Broussard and Davidson.

And the current long snapper in waiting.

Homer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 03:08:47 PM »
On offense:  Will Hastings.  Remember that name and who you heard it from, my frien.

On defense:  There will be two that for the first few games, many people will say "who was that?"  when they see a huge hit by the defense.  Either Paul James III or Marlon Davidson will be the answer to their question.

#33 in your programs. #1 in your hearts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 03:17:03 PM »
Sean White and Marlon Davidson.

I hope so, I went back and watched the highlights from the Memphis game and his reads were terrible and the interceptions were god awful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2016, 03:17:22 PM »
Offense: Kamryn Pettway.

Defense: Jeff Holland.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 03:20:17 PM »

On defense:  There will be two that for the first few games, many people will say "who was that?"  when they see a huge hit by the defense two players ejected form the game and the 1st half of the next.  Either Paul James III or Marlon Davidson will be the answer to their question.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2016, 03:28:58 PM »
Offense: Kamryn Pettway.

Defense: Jeff Holland.

He will redeem the Holland name.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2016, 03:32:06 PM »

That's one big fucking mountain to have to climb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 03:37:20 PM »

Was watching the SECN preview show and a clip from A-Day included a shot of Mr. Holland (sans opus) from behind, making his jersey/name visible.

I actually tightened up and thought, "There's no way Jake is back, right??" 

It was momentary, but frightening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 03:46:37 PM »
Was watching the SECN preview show and a clip from A-Day included a shot of Mr. Holland (sans opus) from behind, making his jersey/name visible.

I actually tightened up and thought, "There's no way Jake is back, right??" 

It was momentary, but frightening.

Its a fear we all have when we see that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 04:55:53 PM »
There is only one name for y'all to remember...Stovall
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 05:13:05 PM »
There is only one name for y'all to remember...Stovall

The Beast from Hokes Bluff?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 09:34:20 PM »
Darius Slayton & Javaris Davis...both RS Freshmen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 11:51:00 PM »
Davis at WR and of course the Prince!