Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Predictions

bgreene

Re: Predictions
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2016, 01:44:30 PM »
No, but we have them on the road, and that will help them.

I'm divided on UGA. On one hand I think they are rebuilding, on the other they are a complete beast. I lean more toward us winning that game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2016, 01:59:06 PM »
Which will happen early and often.

Most likely.   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2016, 02:37:21 PM »
6, 7, or 8 wins (regular season) are doable if things break the right way.

If the offense can be consistent and generate points more than burying the defense in bad field position or with lots of 3 and outs, that swings some toss up games in our favor.

If the defensive front can stay healthy (looking at you, Carl) and is as lights out, that helps a ton.

Kicking game should be steady as always.

Got to have good QB play though. Don't have to be the second coming of Cam but can't be turtle or cocoa panda either.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:41:14 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2016, 02:51:42 PM »
I predict the defense will be significantly improved.  May not beat Clemson or show that improvement as long as Mr. Watson is at the helm.  But, if at the very least, we hang tough and get some offensive rhythm in that first game, we finish 9-3.  Clemson, LSU and Bama hang the losses on us.

Oh...and fuck Georgia.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2016, 03:07:24 PM »
I predict the defense will be significantly improved.

I hope so, but until our defense looks good in a game, I'm going to assume all "improvements" on the defensive side of the ball are attributed to the shitty offense they scrimmage against.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2016, 04:04:44 PM »
I hope so, but until our defense looks good in a game, I'm going to assume all "improvements" on the defensive side of the ball are attributed to the shitty offense they scrimmage against.

My take on the defensive improvement prediction.  And BTW, amazing that we've won one MNC and played for another with our D pretty much being one large suck since CTT left.

First off, everything I've read concerning the coaching change is that things have been simplified under Steele and the atmosphere is 100% better with guys actually having fun.  I totally get that it was a Spring game, but in this last game, it seemed the defense was really flying to the ball and acting all nasty once they got there.  Maybe that's just my perception, but it looked that way to me.

Heights and weights.  I've made no secret of the fact that our S & C program concerns me.  They've been open from the start about having the same philosophy in the weight room as they do on the field. Fast, fast, fast.... Crossfit (bro) and Plyometrics will get you in great shape for the 4th quarter.  Also gets you blown up at the LOS by San Jose State.  I haven't read that they've changed anything; however, numerous players, especially across the front 7 have made significant weight gains.  And the promotional video they have out for off season workouts features way more of the basic strength moves...bench press, squats, dead lifts etc.

Mower Starz.  I can't recall a time when the defensive side of the ball has had this much star power.  If Deshaun Davis gets the nod at LB, he'll most likely be the only player on that unit that 247 didn't rate as a 4* or 5*.  I know, I know...the starz don't automatically translate to success on the field for an individual, but I'm a firm believer that there's skrength in numbers.  And check this out.  If they rotate in the right guys, we could have this group of 5*s playing at one time.  Montravelosity Adams, Carl Lawson, Derrick Brown, Byron Cowart and Tray Williams. 

The best analogy I can think of with this defense is what we've said about Bruce Pearl.  If he can't win at Auburn, it just can't be done.  If we can't be a hell of a lot better with this group on defense, we need to quit trying.

Oh, and I imagine this was posted earlier somewhere else, but it's worth taking another look.  Especially the last half

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2016, 04:46:32 PM »
7-5/8-4
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2016, 04:48:53 PM »
7-5/8-4
I thought we could only choose one.

Oh, Prowler gets an extra free pick I guess. I'm sure he earned it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bgreene

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2016, 04:51:04 PM »

With a pimp cup like that, who can argue?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2016, 05:09:35 PM »

Some of those youngsters need to be wearing pants. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2016, 07:01:44 PM »

That extra pick was taken from a wealthy prognosticator and redistributed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2016, 10:50:46 PM »

SIX got three picks. I guess since he has a "Top rated" podcast he's granted a couple extra picks.

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 regular season wins are possible.

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 wins are more likely.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:53:29 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2016, 02:36:15 AM »
6, 7, or 8 wins (regular season) are doable if things break the right way.

If the offense can be consistent and generate points more than burying the defense in bad field position or with lots of 3 and outs, that swings some toss up games in our favor.

If the defensive front can stay healthy (looking at you, Carl) and is as lights out, that helps a ton.

Kicking game should be steady as always.

Got to have good QB play though. Don't have to be the second coming of Cam but can't be turtle or cocoa panda either.
This^^^. We might not match Clemson or Alabama in overall talent but should have enough to win all of the others.
Consistency and timely play calling will be critical.

8-4.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 02:45:11 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2016, 07:46:15 AM »
SIX got three picks. I guess since he has a "Top rated" podcast he's granted a couple extra picks.

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 regular season wins are possible.

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 wins are more likely.

It is fine to have a range in a season pick before the season starts given the pick isn't ridiculous (e.g. We'll win 0-12 games.). As I posted before, two biggest variables for me are consistency with offense and impact of the defensive front to control how much other teams do to us. Personally hoping we can start getting teams off the field on 3rd down for a change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 08:26:49 AM »
It is fine to have a range in a season pick before the season starts given the pick isn't ridiculous (e.g. We'll win 0-12 games.). As I posted before, two biggest variables for me are consistency with offense and impact of the defensive front to control how much other teams do to us. Personally hoping we can start getting teams off the field on 3rd down for a change.
That getting teams off the field on third down is a great point to hammer home to your podcast audience.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2016, 08:31:53 AM »
Dear Lord I hope our D can/will bring the pain this year
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2016, 09:25:13 AM »
That getting teams off the field on third down is a great point to hammer home to your podcast audience.
Yeah...the audience will be on the edge of their seat to hear more. Maybe throw in, scoring more points than the opponent will help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2016, 09:56:47 AM »
timely play calling will be critical.

DOOMED. WE ARE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2016, 10:04:38 AM »
That extra pick was taken from a wealthy prognosticator and redistributed.
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2016, 10:53:00 AM »
This^^^. We might not match Clemson or Alabama in overall talent but should have enough to win all of the others.
Consistency and timely play calling will be critical.

8-4.

I do hope that is our biggest improvement on the O side of the ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'