Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What's Killing Auburn

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: What's Killing Auburn
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2016, 05:21:51 PM »
I'm too tired to dig up the number of shit pies K has thrown at me for "questioning things" in the past.

You live in an alternate reality.  I've never been one who blindly accepted whatever came out.

I'll throw shit when all you're doing is being a negative bitch.  But that's different.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2016, 06:41:40 PM »
To be fair, when you've had your heart ripped out as many times as Auburn fans have in the post Shug Jordan era, you tend to get nervous and see what you think are trends. Especially crusty and decrepit , old spice wearing farts like Kaos, jmar and snags. When they walked to school, it was uphill both ways.

I'm not saying any for sures re: this year or Gus' future. It's waaaaaay too soon to tell. And we desperately need a qb.

But I am saying there is no need to yell fire, yet. We have recruited at the highest level in AU football history despite all of the bad stuff.

I do think this is a put up or shut up year. Meaning, we need to be more competitive than last and have more wins.
For your information I wear Clubman products and my Daddy used to send me back outside to do battle with the kid three years older that was making my playtime a living hell. Didn't win many of those but eventually the bully would get themselves in a tight where they couldn't move (which was what I was waiting for) where I might take a 2x to 'em. That's how it's done!

I'm not nervous because it's always time to put up or shut up in this league. No excuses for this team or staff. We just might have to stop being so headstrong and get imaginative again. Now where's that tackle that can run and catch a little bit?   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2016, 09:41:09 PM »
Allow me to be the curmudgeon.  I didn't like that at all. 

Too much Alabama.  Too much "miracle" 

Just didn't like it.
^^I agree with the curmudgeon.

It almost conveys the idea that if we beat Clemson, it will be a miracle. Not so. We just have to not beat ourselves and play defense like we did against Bama for most of the game last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2016, 11:03:32 PM »

It almost conveys the idea that if we beat Clemson, it will be a miracle. Not so. We just have to not beat ourselves and play defense like we did against Bama for most of the game last year.
Play to win!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2016, 11:43:39 PM »

Bite me. That's not what the video was about.  Still...we're 127 point underdogs to the team that played for the MNC with the baddest man on the planet at the helm.  We were 7-6 last season and currently picked last or next to last in our division and an after thought in the minds of the college football world. 

That's all we have to do?  Not beat ourselves and play the same defense where we gave up 5,000 yards to one RB?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2016, 11:57:58 PM »
Bite me. That's not what the video was about.  Still...we're 127 point underdogs to the team that played for the MNC with the baddest man on the planet at the helm.  We were 7-6 last season and currently picked last or next to last in our division and an after thought in the minds of the college football world. 

That's all we have to do?  Not beat ourselves and play the same defense where we gave up 5,000 yards to one RB?
Bitch, sometimes you act like you forget that I know karate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2016, 12:27:32 AM »

What other Japanese words do you know?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2016, 08:45:16 AM »

If we can cut that down to 4,925 yards, we win going away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2016, 09:04:18 AM »

4 pages and no stupid movie quote hijack?  I'll help out,  He's a karate man! and a karate man bruises on the inside!  But you don't know that cause you're a big Barry White looking mother fucker!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2016, 09:11:32 AM »

For a long time, Tuberville felt like he was on his own, operating without any support from the administration and looking over his shoulder the entire time.  Nobody can function like that. 

But his job was made exponentially more difficult by Pontius Jacobs.

Don't completely disagree but he has David Housel to help thank for that shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Token

« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2016, 09:15:34 AM »
     4 pages and no stupid movie quote hijack?  I'll help out,  He's a karate man! and a karate man bruises on the inside!  But you don't know that cause you're a big Barry White looking mother fucker!!

I considered throwing in a Roll Tide after the 2nd page with no derailment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2016, 09:24:20 AM »
I considered throwing in a Roll Tide after the 2nd page with no derailment.

Blue lives don't matter anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2016, 10:06:09 AM »
Gambling is illegal at Bushwood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2016, 12:01:49 PM »
old spice wearing farts like Kaos, jmar and snags. When they walked to school, it was uphill both ways.

Whew. Thank God!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2016, 01:42:25 PM »
Whew. Thank God!
We all know you wore old spice too, but nobody could smell it through the hood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2016, 01:46:13 PM »
We all know you wore old spice too, but nobody could smell it through the hood.

You know, you probably going to hell for that!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2016, 01:55:40 PM »
Hell I still wear it....The Old Spice....not the hood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2016, 12:05:15 PM »
Second, I've heard more times than I can count that Jacobs shoved Malzahn down our throat.  It was his choice.  His hire. No, it was Jacobs, Bo Jackson, Pat Sullivan and Mac Crawford that made the recommendation to hire Gus Malzahn.  Whether it turns out they were right or wrong, it was a team of Auburn men, two of which are Auburn legends, that made the decision to name Malzahn as our head coach.

You actually believe this?  I don't.  In fact Bo's daughter went to twitter during the whole thing and said her dad had no decision in who the next coach was going to be.

Look I don't want Gus to fail.  One of the worst things a program can do is continue to go through head coaches.  It creates severe instability within the program.  Ask UT.

I just hope he figures it out sooner rather than later.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2016, 12:34:37 PM »
You actually believe this?  I don't.  In fact Bo's daughter went to twitter during the whole thing and said her dad had no decision in who the next coach was going to be.

Look I don't want Gus to fail.  One of the worst things a program can do is continue to go through head coaches.  It creates severe instability within the program.  Ask UT.

I just hope he figures it out sooner rather than later.

Yeah I do.  It may not be the case, but until Bo Jackson or Pat Sullivan or Mac Crawford come out and say the whole thing was a sham, I believe they at least had some input or gave their blessing to Malzahn's hire.  It may come out later that Jacobs went rogue and totally against any recommendations they made, but I doubt that's the case, or one of those guys would have spoken up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2016, 12:50:23 PM »
Yeah I do.  It may not be the case, but until Bo Jackson or Pat Sullivan or Mac Crawford come out and say the whole thing was a sham, I believe they at least had some input or gave their blessing to Malzahn's hire.  It may come out later that Jacobs went rogue and totally against any recommendations they made, but I doubt that's the case, or one of those guys would have spoken up.

I don't think he went rogue at all.  I think he knows his ass is on the line with this hire, and he wanted it "blessed" by two of the three holy trinity of Auburn football, so if it does go south, he can say, "well, Sully and Bo said it was ok, and it didnt turn out ok, please don't fire my ass."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions