Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What's Killing Auburn

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: What's Killing Auburn
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2016, 01:15:05 PM »
I don't think he went rogue at all.  I think he knows his ass is on the line with this hire, and he wanted it "blessed" by two of the three holy trinity of Auburn football, so if it does go south, he can say, "well, Sully and Bo said it was ok, and it didnt turn out ok, please don't fire my ass."
^^^^  Fuckin this.  ^^^^^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2016, 02:46:45 PM »
^^^^  Fuckin this.  ^^^^^^^

Maybe that was his motivation, but that still means 3 other Auburn men were involved in giving that blessing.

Is it not also possible that the search committee was mandated by those higher than Jacobs, thereby making the statement that we're not giving him the chance to fuck it up again all by himself?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2016, 03:58:23 PM »
Maybe that was his motivation, but that still means 3 other Auburn men were involved in giving that blessing.

Is it not also possible that the search committee was mandated by those higher than Jacobs, thereby making the statement that we're not giving him the chance to fuck it up again all by himself?

I don't buy it at all.

And I know that Housel wasn't the reason Tuberville felt like he was hung out to dry in the years after Housel was out.   Jacobs had a chance to unify the family, instead he went Frosty the Snowman in regard to Tuberville. 

I loathe Jay Jacobs.  He makes me physically ill.  I'd probably vote for Hillary over him. 

I don't buy that he got any input from Bo or Sullivan or Cam. He may have said "this is who we are hiring" and asked them not to react negatively.  I've not once seen anyone but Jacobs say in public that they were either involved in or gave their approval to this hire.

Like GF, I would prefer that he not fail.  I hope he gets his shit together.  But I'm truly afraid that the learning curve is going to wash him out before we get to find out.   He's making some predictable (and yet pretty damaging) mistakes in management.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2016, 04:54:56 PM »
I don't buy it at all.

And I know that Housel wasn't the reason Tuberville felt like he was hung out to dry in the years after Housel was out.   Jacobs had a chance to unify the family, instead he went Frosty the Snowman in regard to Tuberville. 

I loathe Jay Jacobs.  He makes me physically ill.  I'd probably vote for Hillary over him. 

I don't buy that he got any input from Bo or Sullivan or Cam. He may have said "this is who we are hiring" and asked them not to react negatively.  I've not once seen anyone but Jacobs say in public that they were either involved in or gave their approval to this hire.

Like GF, I would prefer that he not fail.  I hope he gets his shit together.  But I'm truly afraid that the learning curve is going to wash him out before we get to find out.   He's making some predictable (and yet pretty damaging) mistakes in management.

I don't know who you are anymore.   :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2016, 05:16:41 PM »
Jacobs got us that big, shiny new scoreboard.  Think of the wall he'd build.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2016, 10:38:32 PM »
Jacobs got us that big, shiny new scoreboard.  Think of the wall he'd build.

I'll build a wall around Tuscaloosa and make Saban pay for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2016, 10:59:31 PM »
I'll build a wall around Tuscaloosa and make Saban pay for it.
You had me at build
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2016, 01:30:53 AM »
Gus got this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2016, 07:22:05 AM »
   Jacobs had a chance to unify the family, instead he went Frosty the Snowman in regard to Tuberville. 

Agree whole heartedly with this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."