Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What's Killing Auburn

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: What's Killing Auburn
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 12:33:13 PM »
I'll be there, I always am (not with you, Snags. I haven't kissed enough ass to get your seats) And I don't have a problem with paying more for tickets, fuck I pay more for everything every year. But I get disheartened about our future...with the hoops that are in place for our present and future coaches...we will never be anything but middle of the pack. I wouldn't necessarily mind that if we were a shitty program with no history of greatness...but we aren't that. And it's the hope that is killing me. the hope that rises every year only to be crushed by mid season(if not earlier) more often than not. And why? Because we won't let a coach do what he needs to do to win. I don't know what that is, I don't pretend to know because I'm not a fucking coach. But I know when I hire someone to do something...I get someone that knows how to do said job, I tell him what I want done, and i leave him to HIS business. Then I can pat myself on the back for the end result  and for hiring such a competent bastard. End of Story.
How is this so hard for Auburn?

Oh, I can definitely kiss some ass.  Not above it at all. 

As far as hopes and expectations go, I think you just gotta' settle in and enjoy the rollercoaster that is Auburn football. Always has been and probably always will be.  But there's another obvious factor that we take for granted and that's just where we are...the SEC West.  Unless you take the cheating to the level of the unwashed, the best you can realistically hope for is random 2010 and 2013.  Ole Miss is trying to play the game and they're about to get bitch slapped for daring to compete.  As K said earlier, it's just not a level playing field and that's not going to change until Emmert's boy retires.

I'm curious about the last few statements.  I'm in no way defending Jacobs' schmarmy, egotistical ass.  But is he interfering in some way with Malzahn doing his job?  Axing because I don't know.  I'll hang up and lissen'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 12:51:15 PM »
I wonder if it isn't the misguided attempts at trying to keep it a family affair that aren't fucking us up. They need approval and some say in coaching decisions...and will only take on coaches that agree to that. They don't allow anyone to take total control of the program so as to not corrupt the Auburn way.....and if we lose a few games along the way at least we haven't lost our integrity and we are still Auburn.

It's bullshit.

You just can't just disappear for song long and no have an explanation young lady. Well....I mean, I guess you can but let my just say its playing on my emotions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2016, 01:02:09 PM »
I don't know that Jacob's himself is putting his finger in the pie...but we have been poised to hire MUCH bigger talent that Gus...and lost out because the BOD wants a final say so in coaching decisions. Who would sign up for that if they didnt have to? No one who is in possession of the coaching talent and credentials needed to be a serious contender in the SEC West. But it seems to be more important to them to have a yes man than to have a winner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2016, 01:04:56 PM »
I'll be there, I always am (not with you, Snags. I haven't kissed enough ass to get your seats) And I don't have a problem with paying more for tickets, fuck I pay more for everything every year. But I get disheartened about our future...with the hoops that are in place for our present and future coaches...we will never be anything but middle of the pack. I wouldn't necessarily mind that if we were a shitty program with no history of greatness...but we aren't that. And it's the hope that is killing me. the hope that rises every year only to be crushed by mid season(if not earlier) more often than not. And why? Because we won't let a coach do what he needs to do to win. I don't know what that is, I don't pretend to know because I'm not a fucking coach. But I know when I hire someone to do something...I get someone that knows how to do said job, I tell him what I want done, and i leave him to HIS business. Then I can pat myself on the back for the end result  and for hiring such a competent bastard. End of Story.
I knew you missed me!

“If you love something, set it free.  If it comes back, it is yours forever, assuming there isn't a restraining order."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2016, 01:07:24 PM »
That restraining order is good for two years. It hasn't been that long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2016, 02:05:03 PM »
If Pat Dye will quit his meddling, we could be somebody.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2016, 02:14:53 PM »
If Pat Dye will quit his meddling, we could be somebody.

This.

Our coaching candidates when we hired Gus, according to the media, were Bobby Petrino, Kirby Smart, Gary Patterson and Malzahn.  Gus was hired after he was interviewed and recommended by a search committee consisting of Mac Crawford, Bo Jackson, Pat Sullivan and Jay Jacobs.  Gus was my 3rd choice on that list with Gary Patterson being at the top.  I don't know if he was ever a serious candidate or not.  He's been a hot commodity for quite a while but seems entrenched at TCU.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2016, 02:24:13 PM »
So, we've already started the coaching search?
 :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2016, 02:35:30 PM »
I'll be there, I always am (not with you, Snags. I haven't kissed enough ass to get your seats) And I don't have a problem with paying more for tickets, fudge I pay more for everything every year. But I get disheartened about our future...with the hoops that are in place for our present and future coaches...we will never be anything but middle of the pack. I wouldn't necessarily mind that if we were a shootty program with no history of greatness...but we aren't that. And it's the hope that is killing me. the hope that rises every year only to be crushed by mid season(if not earlier) more often than not. And why? Because we won't let a coach do what he needs to do to win. I don't know what that is, I don't pretend to know because I'm not a fudgeing coach. But I know when I hire someone to do something...I get someone that knows how to do said job, I tell him what I want done, and i leave him to HIS business. Then I can pat myself on the back for the end result  and for hiring such a competent bastard. End of Story.

I'm glad you came back. :cheers:  It's been a bit of a sausage fest around here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2016, 02:51:51 PM »
Jacobs has already created a committee to start the search consisting of Pell City Tiger, Jumbo and the 'ol Buzzer.  We should have the new coach named by halftime of the Clemson game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2016, 02:58:51 PM »
I'm glad you came back. :cheers:  It's been a bit of a sausage fest around here.
Thanks, doll. I've missed y'all too.

And Buzz if y'all could have a quarterback named by halftime of the Clemson game I would appreciate it. 😘
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2016, 03:44:28 PM »
And Buzz if y'all could have a quarterback named by halftime of the Clemson game I would appreciate it. 😘
For you, no problem.  Look for Killington on the back of the jersey.
How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2016, 03:51:10 PM »

Look around you, Ellen. We're at the threshold of hell. 

We are Alabama of the 90s right now.  Think about that. 

Jacobs keeps looking for "Auburn Men" and we get DuBose. And Shula.

DuBose and Shula both won the SEC (I think) because they were at a school that's going to do that on occasion.  So are we since Dye came back and bulldozed some things. 

When Dye came to Auburn he took charge of the whole thing.  He got the boosters in line, he put our brand first, he built the program the way he wanted it and he was in control of it all.  Sound familiar?  Saban just cheats better.   So they've won three or four NCs.  If the rules were the same then as they are now?  Playoffs and BCS and that stuff?  Dye would have three or four himself. 

Gus isn't the kind of guy to grab the program by the throat and make it in his image.  Neither was Chizik.  Tuberville (the younger version) would have been but 2003 de-nutted him and then Jacobs' perpetual fuckery drove him out.   I like Gus and think he makes a great OC.  But he doesn't have the experience or the gravitas to be the only kind of coach who can succeed on the big scale at Auburn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2016, 04:10:08 PM »
Look around you, Ellen. We're at the threshold of hell. 

We are Alabama of the 90s right now.  Think about that. 

Jacobs keeps looking for "Auburn Men" and we get DuBose. And Shula.

DuBose and Shula both won the SEC (I think) because they were at a school that's going to do that on occasion.  So are we since Dye came back and bulldozed some things. 

When Dye came to Auburn he took charge of the whole thing.  He got the boosters in line, he put our brand first, he built the program the way he wanted it and he was in control of it all.  Sound familiar?  Saban just cheats better.   So they've won three or four NCs.  If the rules were the same then as they are now?  Playoffs and BCS and that stuff?  Dye would have three or four himself. 

Gus isn't the kind of guy to grab the program by the throat and make it in his image.  Neither was Chizik.  Tuberville (the younger version) would have been but 2003 de-nutted him and then Jacobs' perpetual fuckery drove him out.   I like Gus and think he makes a great OC.  But he doesn't have the experience or the gravitas to be the only kind of coach who can succeed on the big scale at Auburn.

Yes. This is what I'm screaming.

But ain't nobody listenin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2016, 04:15:10 PM »
Once again, Auburn is its own worst enemy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2016, 04:44:15 PM »
Fuck sake, people.  We don't play our first game for a month and already our program is headed straight in the shitter. Where is all this gloom and doom coming from?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2016, 05:00:20 PM »
Fuck sake, people.  We don't play our first game for a month and already our program is headed straight in the shitter. Where is all this gloom and doom coming from?

The douche bag in charge of the Athletic Dept.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2016, 05:04:28 PM »

The douche bag in charge of the Athletic Dept.

What did he do?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2016, 05:11:34 PM »
This.

Our coaching candidates when we hired Gus, according to the media, were Bobby Petrino, Kirby Smart, Gary Patterson and Malzahn.  Gus was hired after he was interviewed and recommended by a search committee consisting of Mac Crawford, Bo Jackson, Pat Sullivan and Jay Jacobs.  Gus was my 3rd choice on that list with Gary Patterson being at the top.  I don't know if he was ever a serious candidate or not.  He's been a hot commodity for quite a while but seems entrenched at TCU.
Can't we at least wait until halftime of Clemson before we start wanting to go after Patterson? And you are asking where all of the doom and gloom is coming from?

And Kaos has apparently written the season off.

Geez Louise people. All we are missing is evidence of a QB. We don't know much about that but I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet.

Gus kicks a shittay attituder off the team and this place thinks this one guy was going to get us to the playoffs? We win the Clemson game (which is possible, btw) and who knows what could happen. We will know we are for real. We even keep it close, then we'll know that we are for real. That's the good thing about this season. We should find out early about the possibilities.

What happened to the x that I used to know?
 :we:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2016, 05:19:51 PM »
That's right...and given time we gonna land a damn good'un.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions