Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fall Practice

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Fall Practice
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2016, 12:30:14 PM »
A little tidbit of possible insider e-penis info from Bleacher Report.  May mean nothing but at this point, I honestly don't care which one they name.  I just want someone tabbed as the starter so they can get as many reps with the ones over the next 2 1/2 weeks as possible.

Auburn’s three-man preseason quarterback battle hasn’t offered coach Gus Malzahn an obvious answer yet, but the Tigers could gain a little more clarity this week.

That’s according to Brandon Marcello of AuburnUndercover, who reports that Auburn will name a starter this week, and that redshirt sophomore Sean White is “the man to beat” as of now.

As last season showed us, however, Malzahn naming a Week 1 starter certainly doesn’t guarantee anyone will remain in that role. So even if White truly is No. 1 on the current depth chart, Jeremy Johnson and John Franklin III should have their fair chances to unseat him.

White threw for 1,166 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions in five starts (seven appearances) last season.

Some had thought Franklin III would be able to take a hold of the starting job during fall camp, so it should be interesting to see where he ultimately falls in Auburn’s pecking order. According to Marcello, the dual-threat junior college transfer should still be “a consistent threat” in Wildcat packages if not named starter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2016, 12:35:20 PM »
A little tidbit of possible insider e-penis info from Bleacher Report.  May mean nothing but at this point, I honestly don't care which one they name.  I just want someone tabbed as the starter so they can get as many reps with the ones over the next 2 1/2 weeks as possible.

Auburn’s three-man preseason quarterback battle hasn’t offered coach Gus Malzahn an obvious answer yet, but the Tigers could gain a little more clarity this week.

That’s according to Brandon Marcello of AuburnUndercover, who reports that Auburn will name a starter this week, and that redshirt sophomore Sean White is “the man to beat” as of now.

As last season showed us, however, Malzahn naming a Week 1 starter certainly doesn’t guarantee anyone will remain in that role. So even if White truly is No. 1 on the current depth chart, Jeremy Johnson and John Franklin III should have their fair chances to unseat him.

White threw for 1,166 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions in five starts (seven appearances) last season.

Some had thought Franklin III would be able to take a hold of the starting job during fall camp, so it should be interesting to see where he ultimately falls in Auburn’s pecking order. According to Marcello, the dual-threat junior college transfer should still be “a consistent threat” in Wildcat packages if not named starter.

Should never be in the same paragraph.  EVER
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2016, 01:43:43 PM »
No...there is a consistent threat in the wildcat packages.  It will consistently fail miserably anywhere other than goal line situations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2016, 01:46:23 PM »
No...there is a consistent threat in the wildcat packages.  It will consistently fail miserably anywhere other than goal line situations.

So your prediction of pain was more for our fanbase.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2016, 01:47:24 PM »
So your prediction of pain was more for our fanbase.
Absolutely
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2016, 02:24:10 PM »

Arkansas' defense wants a word with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2016, 09:19:52 PM »
Watched the first 5 minutes of Malzahn's press conference from today's practice.  I've long since given up getting too excited or pissed off about the overall picture.  I just try to stay excited that foosballz is here and whatever happens, happens.  But Gus has said time and time again, leading into Fall Camp, that he wanted to name a starting QB early on go with that guy.  Today was the same damn rhetoric coach speak shit we've heard forever.

"We're not ready to name a starter at quarterback just yet.  There's no hurry.  There's great competition between all 3....blah...fucking coach speak...BLAH!!!"

There's no hurry????  Are you serious???  One of the favorites to win the MNC this year is 2 weeks away and there's no hurry??? It's great competition going on???

Here's a piece of advice from the ultimate armchair QB who doesn't even pretend to know shit about your job.  2 WEEKS TIL KICKOFF!  NAME THE STARTER AND LET HIM GET THE REPS. 

This is no longer a matter of we, as the fans, want to know.  This is football 101. Pick your guy and get him ready for Clemson!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2016, 04:19:06 AM »
Watched the first 5 minutes of Malzahn's press conference from today's practice.  I've long since given up getting too excited or pissed off about the overall picture.  I just try to stay excited that foosballz is here and whatever happens, happens.  But Gus has said time and time again, leading into Fall Camp, that he wanted to name a starting QB early on go with that guy.  Today was the same damn rhetoric coach speak shit we've heard forever.

"We're not ready to name a starter at quarterback just yet.  There's no hurry.  There's great competition between all 3....blah...fucking coach speak...BLAH!!!"

There's no hurry????  Are you serious???  One of the favorites to win the MNC this year is 2 weeks away and there's no hurry??? It's great competition going on???

Here's a piece of advice from the ultimate armchair QB who doesn't even pretend to know shit about your job.  2 WEEKS TIL KICKOFF!  NAME THE STARTER AND LET HIM GET THE REPS. 

This is no longer a matter of we, as the fans, want to know.  This is football 101. Pick your guy and get him ready for Clemson!
Who's with Snaggle? I surely am.
What say we tweet this genius sumbitch and give him what for. No hurry my ass!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2016, 09:22:27 AM »

Hopefully he has one getting all the reps and just not named it yet. Although I am not sure why that would really matter if it was White. It may matter if it is JFIII though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2016, 11:52:09 AM »
Hopefully he has one getting all the reps and just not named it yet. Although I am not sure why that would really matter if it was White. It may matter if it is JFIII though.

Yeah he doesn't want to tip our hand versus Clemson.  I'm gonna go with that as the reason.  Yeah...that's the ticket!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2016, 11:59:14 AM »

We are keeping Clempson guessing.  We have simplified the playbook.  We have vanilla. We are going to get back to basics. 

I have a heavy sense of foreboding about this game and this entire season.  I'm really afraid that we are going to look like squirrels fucking a coconut on offense, Gus and Lash will pinwheel around looking confused and unable to fix what's broken, we'll damage egos and hamstring ability by "competition" and it will be a clusterfuck of monumental proportions. 

I'm tired of the "defense is really flying around and going to be good..." bullshit too. 

I'm just tired.  I don't know if it's bama fatigue or if I am just less inclined to care, but I feel less and less as time goes on. 

There was a time in my life when by this point in the year I'd read every magazine, had a schedule on the wall with times and dates committed to memory, I knew the jersey number of the starting 22 and most of the two deep so I would know who was on the field and what we were doing. And by now I was redecorating the house in orange and blue.  No more.  I haven't even picked up a single magazine.   I have no idea when our first game is.  I thought it was this Saturday, honestly.  I have no idea what time we play.  And it doesn't bother me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2016, 12:04:31 PM »
We are keeping Clempson guessing.  We have simplified the playbook.  We have vanilla. We are going to get back to basics. 

I have a heavy sense of foreboding about this game and this entire season.  I'm really afraid that we are going to look like squirrels fucking a coconut on offense, Gus and Lash will pinwheel around looking confused and unable to fix what's broken, we'll damage egos and hamstring ability by "competition" and it will be a clusterfuck of monumental proportions. 

I'm tired of the "defense is really flying around and going to be good..." bullshit too. 

I'm just tired.  I don't know if it's bama fatigue or if I am just less inclined to care, but I feel less and less as time goes on. 
There was a time in my life when by this point in the year I'd read every magazine, had a schedule on the wall with times and dates committed to memory, I knew the jersey number of the starting 22 and most of the two deep so I would know who was on the field and what we were doing. And by now I was redecorating the house in orange and blue.  No more.  I haven't even picked up a single magazine.   I have no idea when our first game is.  I thought it was this Saturday, honestly.  I have no idea what time we play.  And it doesn't bother me.

Let this be another clusterfuck of a season and more folks will start feeling that way. 

Question: Do you take another 6-6 B'ham bowl year if it means getting rid of Jacobs?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 12:06:05 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2016, 12:44:30 PM »

Shout it out loud!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2016, 12:46:52 PM »
Shout it out loud!

Looks like I'm gonna feel uptight on a Saturday night
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2016, 12:52:45 PM »
Looks like I'm gonna feel uptight on a Saturday night

Try some Cold Gin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2016, 12:56:03 PM »
Try some Cold Gin.

Its  gonna be all good. We gone come outta there looking like a Strutter!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2016, 01:08:59 PM »
Its  gonna be all good. We gone come outta there looking like a Strutter!

More like a Creature of the Night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2016, 02:09:29 PM »
Well............Beth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2016, 02:16:43 PM »
Well............Beth.

She drives me wild, but the Auburn Tigers drive me crazy

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2016, 02:17:11 PM »
What the Deuce is going on in this thread?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions