Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fall Practice

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Fall Practice
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2016, 03:59:47 PM »
More like Glen and Gary Suck Ross's Meaty Cock and Drop Their Hairy Nuts in His Eager Mouth.

More like a reimagining.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2016, 04:23:02 PM »
More like a reimagining.

With fewer women.

Like, no women.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2016, 04:30:30 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

wesfau2

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2016, 04:31:26 PM »
Apparently Jovon Robinson wasn't at practice today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2016, 04:39:51 PM »
Apparently Jovon Robinson wasn't at practice today.

Not exactly the glowing, positive news I was hoping for with the very first report from Fall camp.  And I'm sure Gus will address it in detail.

"Yeeeaah...he's working through some issues right now.  That's between me and him so I can't comment on it.  But we'll revisit that later in the week.  Right now, we're just trying to get better each day."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2016, 04:45:12 PM »
Not exactly the glowing, positive news I was hoping for with the very first report from Fall camp.  And I'm sure Gus will address it in detail.

"Yeeeaah...he's working through some issues right now.  That's between me and him so I can't comment on it.  But we'll revisit that later in the week.  Right now, we're just trying to get better each day."

I thought we had already covered that plagiarism thing? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

wesfau2

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2016, 04:49:43 PM »
Baylor transfer-prospect QB Jarrett Stidham was watching practice in Auburn today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2016, 05:13:38 PM »
Baylor transfer-prospect QB Jarrett Stidham was watching practice in Auburn today.

Kinky!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2016, 07:09:58 PM »
Who is ready to touch tips at the Clemson game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2016, 07:45:46 PM »
Who is ready to touch tips at the Clemson game?

Say it baby, say it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2016, 09:00:03 PM »
Say it baby, say it.

Cock of the walk, babe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2016, 09:31:26 PM »
Practice?  We talkin' bout practice?

I predict that Tens of fans will be in attendance for the Vandy game.
Also, 3-9 if we squeak by the mighty Bulldawgs from Huntsvegas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2016, 09:31:00 AM »
I predict Gus will throw Jovon Robinson off the team before the first practice of the season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2016, 09:48:24 AM »
I predict Gus will throw Jovon Robinson off the team before the first practice of the season.

It's like it happens then you predict it. I like it, Monty!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2016, 04:10:23 PM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Martin-protects-ball-impresses-Malzahn-46674028

AUBURN, Ala. – Kam Martin got his first opportunity to show the Auburn coaching staff what he can do in a live setting during Tuesday's scrimmage. He still has progress to make, said Gus Malzahn, but Martin did show potential that could lead to him seeing playing time as a true freshman in 2016.

"He's a smart guy," Malzahn said. "He just needs more experience as far as the run game goes. He got a handful of carries."

The most important aspect of Martin's performance, though? He held onto the football.

"A freshman, that's what I'm always looking at, especially from a running back standpoint," Malzahn said. "If they're going to play early, can they protect the football? And he did that today. That's really what stood out to me."

A native of Port Arthur, Texas, Martin is undersized at 5-foot-10 and 177 pounds but has "a lot of speed," according to Auburn H-back Chandler Cox. Martin showed it on plenty of occasions in high school. The former Baylor commit rushed for 3,500 yards and 44 touchdowns during his career at Memorial High School.

"(Speed is) something we need at running back," Cox said. "We’re kind of a bigger group now, 230-plus guys. I think him — he’s going to help us out, because losing (former Auburn running back) Roc (Thomas), he was our speed guy kind of, and Kam Martin has all that speed. I think he has a lot of potential, a lot of big things for him to come in the future.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2016, 04:13:12 PM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Who-won-the-Chandler-Cox-Deshaun-Davis-collision-46673307

AUBURN, Ala. – Auburn moved two of its H-backs to running back this spring in an effort to add a more physical element to the run game. Has it worked? Well enough, as Deshaun Davis can attest.

Davis, a sophomore linebacker, met up with H-back Chandler Cox during one of Cox’s carries in Tuesday’s scrimmage, the first of fall camp.

Davis wasn’t shy about admitting who got the better of the encounter.

“Chandler won that one,” Davis said after the scrimmage. “Chandler won. He got a better end of it. When I tackled him, he kind of went forward and I fell on the side of him. He got the better end of that one.”

Last week, Cox said he looks forward to opportunities like he received Tuesday.

“It’s super exciting. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do,” Cox said. “When I came to Auburn, I wanted to run the ball. They’re giving me that chance, and I think it’s good for me too, because I want to help this team as much as I can.”

The 6-foot-1, 236-pound Cox has split time at H-back and running back in fall camp, while Kamryn Pettway is working exclusively at running back. Both bring the physicality Auburn was looking for in the spring, but that’s not all.

“When you see big guys like that, you don’t think that they have speed, but they can really get on the edge also and turn the corner,” Davis said. “It’s like a two-headed monster.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2016, 04:13:58 PM »
I thought JF3 was the speed guy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2016, 04:14:41 PM »
And of course,

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Where-Auburns-quarterbacks-stand-after-1st-preseason-scrimmage-46672616

AUBURN, Ala. — Gus Malzahn is still working through his thought process at quarterback.

It’s possible he could name a starter this week, and he’s not sure if he will need a scrimmage Saturday to make the final decision.

“Well, I don't know about that,” Malzahn said Tuesday, the Tigers’ first scrimmage inside Jordan-Hare Stadium. “But we will have another scrimmage, and it'll be this weekend. It'll be pretty quick. I'm not ready to say that right now. Like I said, I wasn't just looking at the quarterbacks. I was looking at everybody. This will be a good evaluation.”

Auburn coaches will conduct a second practice later today to correct mistakes from the scrimmage. Tuesday marks the first two-a-day practices of preseason camp, the sixth day of training.

Jeremy Johnson, Sean White and John Franklin III scored touchdowns but Franklin III had a turnover, according to a source. Johnson threw a beautiful long pass to Eli Stove to the 3-yard line and the quarterback scored a touchdown on a run on the next play. White appears to be the favorite heading into the final scrimmage, according to a source.

Only freshman Woody Barrett was allowed to be tackled during the scrimmage and the three contenders for the starting job were off limits from defenders.

Plans could change for the potential starters Saturday.

“We’d like to not have to [tackle the potential starters]” Malzahn said. “It is a possibility. But each time, we're putting them into some pressure situations and competitive situations. We're hoping we can make that call without having to do that.”

Several teammates believe the upcoming decision from Malzahn will be difficult to make after the scrimmage Tuesday.

“I mean, if everybody’s going to score I’m pretty sure it’ll be difficult,” said Stevens, who caught one pass in the scrimmage.

“You see them make certain plays, and you’re like, ‘Wow!,’” offensive lineman Braden Smith said. “They’re all really great quarterbacks, and at the end of the day, it’s going to be a battle till the end, I feel like.”

The first-team unit played 37 snaps, the second-team unit played 29 plays and the third-team unit worked 42 plays. Barrett played more than the other three quarterbacks. Devin Adams also threw a pass caught with one hand by Stove along the left sideline.

The three quarterbacks mixed it up with starters and backups.

“As far as the quarterbacks, in this league, things are going to break down because of the defenses,” Malzahn said. “You've got to protect the football. You need to make a play when things break down. We're watching all those things from above while all three are getting equal reps with the ones and twos. I want to see how they react with both groups. I want to see how the players in the groups react to them as far as their leadership, as far as their energy and their belief. So we're evaluating that right now.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2016, 04:15:14 PM »
I thought JF3 was the speed guy!

Maybe we can be more than a one horse posse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2016, 04:18:12 PM »

Johnson threw a beautiful long pass to Eli Stove to the 3-yard line and the quarterback scored a touchdown on a run on the next play

He did that last year too...against the 3rd stringers...I am so stoked...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.