Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Well put in regard to Islam

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Well put in regard to Islam
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2016, 09:36:34 AM »
Please stop.  There is no place for rational thought and discussion in this thread.  Take your facts somewhere else.
"Facts", lol. I mean, yeah. Facts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2016, 09:40:55 AM »
You guys are missing the whole point of Christianity.

It didn't upgrade. It didn't have a version 2.0. It doesn't leave "interpretation wiggle room".

Christianity is Jesus. The Old Testament is simply leading up to The Way. Christianity didn't reform from the Old Testament. Jesus Christ came to this earth so that men could lead lives through love, through Him.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestant_Reformation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_literalism
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2016, 09:43:18 AM »
"Facts", lol. I mean, yeah. Facts.

Well, to us Christians, this is the only "fact" that matters out of the entire discussion.

"Jesus Christ came to this earth so that men could lead lives through love, through Him."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2016, 09:59:25 AM »
wikipedia, the worlds greatest scholars...
Oh, ok. I guess that means WE!!! is right and there was no Christian reformation and mainstream Christians take every word of the Bible literally. My b.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2016, 10:11:05 AM »
I'll admit to turning to the wiki's on more than one 1,000 occasions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2016, 11:01:02 AM »
I'll admit to turning to the wiki's on more than one 1,000 occasions.

You have the wikileaks....everyone else goes and get's a penicillin shot for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2016, 11:06:58 AM »
You have the wikileaks....everyone else goes and get's a penicillin shot for that.

That's supposed to be a secret.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2016, 03:05:30 PM »
Well, to us Christians, this is the only "fact" that matters out of the entire discussion.

"Nick Saban came to this earth so that men could lead lives through love, through Him."

Tuscaloosa church of Christ. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2016, 03:48:47 PM »
Are we talking about the church? Or Christianity?

Yep.

Big difference in Christ and modern organized religion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2016, 05:04:04 PM »
Yep.

Big difference in Christ and modern organized religion.
Is that not what we're talking about? Why Muslims are blowing shit up every day and Christians are not, despite having about the same amount of violence in their respective holy books?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2016, 06:50:37 PM »
Is that not what we're talking about? Why Muslims are blowing shit up every day and Christians are not, despite having about the same amount of violence in their respective holy books?

There is no commandment or directive in the Old Testament (essentially Judaism) or the New Testament (Christianity) that calls for or demands the widespread massacre of those who do not convert.  There is no requirement to impose your laws and traditions over the world by force or immigration.  No other organized religion has such. Not Buddhism. Not Confucianism.  Not Taoism. 

Islam is a religion of conquest.  It's all there if you'd bother to read it. 

Therein lies the diff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2016, 03:05:54 PM »
There is no commandment or directive in the Old Testament (essentially Judaism) or the New Testament (Christianity) that calls for or demands the widespread massacre of those who do not convert.  There is no requirement to impose your laws and traditions over the world by force or immigration.  No other organized religion has such. Not Buddhism. Not Confucianism.  Not Taoism. 

Islam is a religion of conquest.  It's all there if you'd bother to read it. 

Therein lies the diff.
We are agreeing essentially here. But.

Deuteronomy 17
2 If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the Lord gives you is found doing evil in the eyes of the Lord your God in violation of his covenant, 3 and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars in the sky, 4 and this has been brought to your attention, then you must investigate it thoroughly. If it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, 5 take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death. 6 On the testimony of two or three witnesses a person is to be put to death, but no one is to be put to death on the testimony of only one witness. 7 The hands of the witnesses must be the first in putting that person to death, and then the hands of all the people. You must purge the evil from among you.

Deuteronomy 13
If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. 5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely,(b) both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt, 17 and none of the condemned things(c) are to be found in your hands. Then the Lord will turn from his fierce anger, will show you mercy, and will have compassion on you. He will increase your numbers, as he promised on oath to your ancestors— 18 because you obey the Lord your God by keeping all his commands that I am giving you today and doing what is right in his eyes.

You must have missed those verses.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 03:09:15 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2016, 09:53:45 PM »

You must not understand those verses. 

Defending one's faith -- and yeah the Old Testament could be harsh as befit the time in which it was written -- is significantly different from seeking out, conquering, destroying and eliminating other cultures and beliefs in order to impose your own. 

Have you read the Koran?  I consider it the blasphemous and perverse ramblings of a man no less vile than Hitler.  But I've read through it. 

The Islamic faith is not interested in assimilation or peaceful coexistence.  The goal is domination.  Force first, but if that doesn't work? Simply overwhelm.  By immigration. 

Regardless of what the founding fathers may have said in 1776, it's time forever prevent the massive Muslim immigration.  Or the country as you know it will not exist for your grandchildren.  They will be Islamic or dead. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2016, 07:41:24 AM »
If it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, 5 take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death.

All I said was "that piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah"!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2016, 08:35:09 AM »
All I said was "that piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah"!

Are there any women here today?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2016, 09:33:19 AM »

And you. you must have missed the whole new testament.

Did I miss the "new testament" in the quran?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2016, 09:53:46 AM »
You must not understand those verses. 

Defending one's faith -- and yeah the Old Testament could be harsh as befit the time in which it was written -- is significantly different from seeking out, conquering, destroying and eliminating other cultures and beliefs in order to impose your own. 

Have you read the Koran?  I consider it the blasphemous and perverse ramblings of a man no less vile than Hitler.  But I've read through it. 

The Islamic faith is not interested in assimilation or peaceful coexistence.  The goal is domination.  Force first, but if that doesn't work? Simply overwhelm.  By immigration. 

Regardless of what the founding fathers may have said in 1776, it's time forever prevent the massive Muslim immigration.  Or the country as you know it will not exist for your grandchildren.  They will be Islamic or dead.
Again. We agree that the Quran has more of this, and is more believed to be direct commands from God (Allah) to YOU the everyday adherent of the religion, rather than what He (or other righteous figures) said specific people should do in specific situations, leaving more room for interpretation.

And also that they have never gone through a reformation as has Christianity to say "Yeah, well, that's just how they talked back then. Don't actually stone them to death, drive swords through everyone's hearts, mutilate their livestock, and burn their village rubble. That part's just a 'metaphor'".

But how is commanding doing all that awful shit to a neighboring city in Deuteronomy 13:12-18 "protecting your religion" in any way significantly different than what Allah commands in the Quran?

I'm not sitting here saying that Christians interpret that scripture the same way that Muslims interpret the Quran and the hadith, which is entirely the point I was trying to make from the beginning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2016, 09:54:53 AM »
And you. you must have missed the whole new testament.

Did I miss the "new testament" in the quran?
You must have missed everything I posted in this thread and the entire point I was originally making.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions