Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Way It Should Be

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
The Way It Should Be
« on: July 09, 2016, 11:01:01 PM »
Kind of a night of reflection and soul searching for the Snags.  I'm a bit of a gym rat. I'm 55 years old and ever since I was 17-18 years old, I've lived in a gym or been dedicated to some form of physical endeavor like tennis or Sprint Triathlons etc.  I don't say that to pimp myself or try to portray myself in any false light.  I'm fit.  But I'm also 240 with a killer set of man boobs.  Just trying to stay 3 steps ahead of the Grim Reaper.

I say that to lead into the fact that the gym I've been at for the last 7-8 years is a small facility that's more like family than anything else.  The owners are Steve and Linda Cunningham.  The gym is Synergy Health & Fitness.  Husband and wife team who do it right.  It's a gym where personal training and boot camp type classes are at the forefront.  It's a place where you will never walk in there without one of the staff calling you out by name to just say "Hey" or encourage you.  So why this post?  Cool story bro?

Tonight, their son Steven, who played basketball at Troy, got married.  The service and reception was at a great place in downtown Dothan called The Grande.  Most everyone from the gym was there. The bride and groom's friends, family and church members were there.  The entire event was awesome. 

Steve, Linda & Steven Cunningham are African American.  The bride is from Belize.  I'm estimating there were 200 to 250 people in this small venue.  I would estimate the crowd to be 50/50 white and black.  This gym is like family.  We all know each other.  We all know about and celebrate each other's triumphs and offer support in the bad times.  Tonight was a celebration.  We were in close quarters with white, black and other nationalities.  It was freaking awesome.  The way this and numerous other gatherings over the years with these same people have been.

I would never have posted something like this had it not been for the last few days.  Racial tension....I don't get it.  Racism...I just fucking don't understand it.  Hating someone for whatever reason takes effort.  I don't have the extra time and energy or desire to participate.  What good does it do?  On either side.  What do you gain?

These are people I see and talk to and sweat with 5-6 days a week. I consider them family, regardless of race. I love all of them like brothers and sisters.  I watch what this country is going through and thank God I live where I do.  If this shit hits this area....Belize...St. Marteen....Antigua...Aruba......     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: The Way It Should Be
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 10:57:15 AM »
Sadly our president is condoning and promoting this shit. Normal people have no issues. Perpetual unsuccessful victims and ignorant college students eat this shit up.

Time to Waterhouse and spray ANY person who tries to shut down the streets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 11:00:22 AM »

Time to Waterhouse and spray ANY person who tries to shut down the streets.

Yes, Bull Connor, let's definitely try to suppress the 1st Amendment rights of the citizenry.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 11:09:17 AM »
Yes, Bull Connor, let's definitely try to suppress the 1st Amendment rights of the citizenry.

You are moron. There are no first amendment rights to shut down roads and interstates that are not part of their permits to March. You and those like you ARE the damn problem!

Criminals cannot hide behind a false defense! But I understand, it's what you do!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 11:14:05 AM »
You are moron. There are no first amendment rights to shut down roads and interstates that are not part of their permits to March. You and those like you ARE the damn problem!

Criminals cannot hide behind a false defense! But I understand, it's what you do!

Were you similarly incensed by the march to Selma?

There is, whether or not you want to admit it, a problem with the interaction between the police and the citizens in black communities.  The citizens lack a viable platform from which to speak and garner attention.  They are getting attention in the only way that they can: create a media spectacle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 01:03:16 PM »
Don't give a shit about Selma.

Did they have a permit?

These people do not have a right to claim 1st amendment while trampling my rights.

And NO there is no problem between cops and thugs. Thugs get it bad! This shit they are protesting is for know. Thugs and shitheads within their communities. Th statistics show more than bite people killed by cops. But who cares? You can't stir white people to March for a thug tags got his!

All you see here is future profit. These people are pathetic. When are you and yours good nana invade Chicago and save those victims?

BLM is SHIT!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 01:34:49 PM »

There is, whether or not you want to admit it, a problem with the interaction between the police and the citizens in black communities.  The citizens lack a viable platform from which to speak and garner attention.  They are getting attention in the only way that they can: create a media spectacle.

The problem is that you (the collective you) misinterpret the problem. 

The issue isn't with the police.  It's with the head bobbing, loud mouthed, insolent, combative, confrontational nature of the populace.  They (as a group) don't cooperate, don't comply, act with disrespect and have no appreciation for the service provided by law enforcement. 

The problem isn't the cops.  It's the "fuck you mr man" sense of entitlement and air of suspicion that defines those communities. 

And yes. Shit like "marching" which doesn't do of prove a goddam thing (nor does shouting or waving dumbass signs) only exacerbates the problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 01:43:17 PM »

March to Selma ?
I missed that one.
I remember the Selma to Montgomery march.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 02:45:18 PM »
Don't give a shit about Selma.

Did they have a permit?

These people do not have a right to claim 1st amendment while trampling my rights.

And NO there is no problem between cops and thugs. Thugs get it bad! This shit they are protesting is for know. Thugs and shitheads within their communities. Th statistics show more than bite people killed by cops. But who cares? You can't stir white people to March for a thug tags got his!

All you see here is future profit. These people are pathetic. When are you and yours good nana invade Chicago and save those victims?

BLM is SHIT!

I can't agree with a few points here.  First, I don't think this shit they are protesting is for know.  Second, you show me the statistics where more than bite people get killed by cops.  Those bite people deserve it anyway. I also think you could stir white people to March for a thug tags got his.  And last, my good nana is too old to invade Chicago.

I'm assuming auto correct, she is a bitch, no?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 03:38:32 PM »
Is chucking Molotov cocktails at the fuzz covered under the 1st amendment? Is looting a store an act which remedies an injury? At what point does one's right to free speech cross over into anarchy and rioting?

These weren't addressed clearly enough in my business law classes to give me a point of reference to sympathise with the acts we've seen carried out in the "name of justice".

Damn my Huntingdon education.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 04:57:52 PM »
Is chucking Molotov cocktails at the fuzz covered under the 1st amendment? Is looting a store an act which remedies an injury? At what point does one's right to free speech cross over into anarchy and rioting?

These weren't addressed clearly enough in my business law classes to give me a point of reference to sympathise with the acts we've seen carried out in the "name of justice".

This says a mouful.^^^  Protest is one thing.  An absolute right.  Burning, killing, looting etc. has no place in the equation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 07:34:10 PM »
This says a mouful.^^^  Protest is one thing.  An absolute right.  Burning, killing, looting etc. has no place in the equation.

Knowing what the fuck you're protesting, having some basis in reality and not shouting lame ass taglines  helps too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 08:13:20 PM »

"That long hair just cant cover up his..white guilt"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2016, 09:03:31 PM »

I think a Molotov cocktail is an effective tool in conveying a message, as long as it's thrown from a viable platform.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 09:06:22 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 09:07:39 PM »
Knowing what the fuck you're protesting, having some basis in reality and not shouting lame ass taglines  helps too.
You think "pigs in a blanket!" is lame?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 09:19:09 PM »
You think "pigs in a blanket!" is lame?
I don't know about lame, but they sure are delicious. I can eat a plate full of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2016, 09:45:14 PM »
I don't know about lame, but they sure are delicious. I can eat a plate full of them.

This is why I like you. Right here ^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 08:31:13 AM »
I can't agree with a few points here.  First, I don't think this shoot they are protesting is for know.  Second, you show me the statistics where more than bite people get killed by cops.  Those bite people deserve it anyway. I also think you could stir white people to March for a thug tags got his.  And last, my good nana is too old to invade Chicago.

I'm assuming auto correct, she is a bitch, no?
My bite nana hates you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 09:05:32 AM »
There is, whether or not you want to admit it, a problem with the interaction between the police and the citizens in black communities. 
And this is all 100% the fault of the police how exactly?  Perfect example: In Mobile, an officer shoots and kills a black kid that was in a stolen car with stolen items inside, and attempted to pull a stolen gun from his waistband.  One of the kids in the car with him even says publicly that his friend fucked up.  The community he lived in is absolutely outraged.  People that weren't even there can't wait to tell the media what did or didn't happen.  That's not a problem with the police. That's a problem with mentality, and there isn't anything you can do to change that.  When people have already decided that they want to be offended and outraged by anything that happens, facts be damned, there isn't anything you can do to change their mind. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

wesfau2

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2016, 09:19:04 AM »
And this is all 100% the fault of the police how exactly? 

There's enough stupid in this thread already.  Don't compound the problem by putting words in my mouth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions