Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Way It Should Be

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: The Way It Should Be
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2016, 09:37:41 AM »
There's enough stupid in this thread already.  Don't compound the problem by putting words in my mouth.

It's pretty much what you said in not those exact words barrister.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 09:42:11 AM »
It's pretty much what you said in not those exact words barrister.

It most certainly is not. 

I said that there is a problem with community/police interaction.

I also said that the community lacks a voice.

There are no words of blame for either side in my post, despite what you infer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2016, 09:59:14 AM »
And this is all 100% the fault of the police how exactly?  Perfect example: In Mobile, an officer shoots and kills a black kid that was in a stolen car with stolen items inside, and attempted to pull a stolen gun from his waistband.  One of the kids in the car with him even says publicly that his friend fucked up.  The community he lived in is absolutely outraged.  People that weren't even there can't wait to tell the media what did or didn't happen.  That's not a problem with the police. That's a problem with mentality, and there isn't anything you can do to change that.  When people have already decided that they want to be offended and outraged by anything that happens, facts be damned, there isn't anything you can do to change their mind.

He was a good kid.  Liked everybody.  Went to church.  Loved his momma. Everybody loved him.  Sweet kid. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2016, 10:00:36 AM »

"Lacks a voice" 

SERIOUSLY?  There is a constant yowling that never ends from that 'community' 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 10:10:13 AM »
I don't know about lame, but they sure are delicious. I can eat a plate full of them.

They're the frozen kind, but you'd never know it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 10:15:24 AM »
You told me my son was here
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 10:41:57 AM »

I think I get what you are saying but I just don't agree. They have a "voice" through the community "meetings" and protests which are often media covered.

I think we are piling a lot of issues in here and blaming the cops. Cops can't help with the low education, lack of discipline in the home and bad economy in these areas. They are there to catch bad guys.

A community is like a drunk. Gotta want to help itself before anyone can help. Unfortunately, it doesn't want that most times. Self discipline and sacrifice ain't easy on us humans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 10:46:02 AM »
I can't agree with a few points here.  First, I don't think this shit they are protesting is for know.  Second, you show me the statistics where more than bite people get killed by cops.  Those bite people deserve it anyway. I also think you could stir white people to March for a thug tags got his.  And last, my good nana is too old to invade Chicago.

I'm assuming auto correct, she is a bitch, no?

Sorry. Was on my tablet in Doha on layover back to US. Was not very awake at the time. But I'm sure bite people are dangerous. With all the rabies and stuff going around.

My original statement stands, hose and gas the shit out of them. Regular tax payers enjoy the use of the roads they pay for also. I am 100% positive they could never get a permit for I-85, I-75, or I-285. Yet there they were...

HOSE THEM. GAS THEM. Send them back to the street they had a permit for. Rules, we have them.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:51:11 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2016, 11:20:45 AM »
My $.02

The #BLM campaign and the marching is creating racial tension.  People act as if it is only white cops killing the victim when in reality it has been a mix of black, white and latin.  Point is it has given voice to those folks that are racist themselves people that have an agenda, that either don't like cops or white people.  They become the loudest voice and use these shooting's as a platform to recruit.  He with the loudest voice attract the most sheep.   

The media has created a perpetual cops are killing innocent black people. Troof is the killing of "innocent" victims by police is so minute compared to black on black and gang related shootings.  But no one gives a shit about that....nope no agenda.   To date there have been 313 deaths related to shootings in Chicago alone.  But we as a society are going to focus on what 6 or 7 deaths by police officers, the folks that protect us and put their lives on the line everyday.   That makes a whole lot of fucking sense.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 11:58:56 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2016, 11:25:17 AM »
Good!  Good!  Let the hate keep flowing through them...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2016, 11:45:11 AM »

So who's fault is it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2016, 12:17:22 PM »
My $.02

The #BLM campaign and the marching is creating racial tension.  People act as if it is only white cops killing the victim when in reality it has been a mix of black, white and latin.  Point is it has given voice to those folks that are racist themselves people that have an agenda, that either don't like cops or white people.  They become the loudest voice and use these shooting's as a platform to recruit.  He with the loudest voice attract the most sheep.   

The media has created a perpetual cops are killing innocent black people. Troof is the killing of "innocent" victims by police is so minute compared to black on black and gang related shootings.  But no one gives a shit about that....nope no agenda.   To date there have been 313 deaths related to shootings in Chicago alone.  But we as a society are going to focus on what 6 or 7 deaths by police officers, the folks that protect us and put their lives on the line everyday.   That makes a whole lot of fucking sense.
No one asked you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2016, 01:13:48 PM »
No one asked you.

That's why it only cost your cheap ass .02!

If you had invited him, he might have charged you like $700,000 Hillary money!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2016, 01:42:49 PM »
There's enough stupid in this thread already.  Don't compound the problem by putting words in my mouth.
It was such a "water is wet" statement that I don't know what other conclusion I should have drawn from what you said.  Of course there is a problem with interaction between some black communities (not all) and police.  That's exactly what we're discussing.  The point is, for the most part it's not a police problem.  The shooting in Minnesota may be an exception, but with all of these stories that wind up on the national news, we're not talking about cops just walking up to black people and shooting them for no reason.  We're talking about people who at some point committed a crime and/or resisted police and got a negative result. 

Then, you have a president who exacerbates the issue and basically tells everyone they should be angry because they are being profiled by the police.  You can't reason with people who have already made up their minds and have decided that they won't change them.  It doesn't matter what race they are.  Especially when the POTUS basically endorses their behavior.

I don't understand how those communities "don't have a voice".  I would really like to understand that statement.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 01:44:23 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2016, 01:49:21 PM »
Another example, also from Mobile: A citizen has filed a complaint because Mobile's police chief drew his gun on the citizen.  The citizen claims his civil rights were violated.  Mobile PD has gone as far as forwarding the guy's complaint to the FBI.  Chief had a pretty good reason for drawing his gun.  He caught the guy red handed in the process of burglarizing a residence.  The guy even admits he was burglarizing the residence because he needed some money.  But this guy still gets air time on local TV stations.  This is still a story, and it shouldn't have ever seen the light of day. 

You can't change that type of mentality.  And as far as being heard?  Please.  This guy doesn't have a leg to stand on, and he made it onto all of the local TV stations.  The media jumps all over any opportunity to get a story on police actions, so I'm not seeing a lack of voice.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 01:51:17 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2016, 01:53:07 PM »
So who's fault is it?
It's Whitey's fault!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2016, 02:05:27 PM »
It was such a "water is wet" statement that I don't know what other conclusion I should have drawn from what you said.  Of course there is a problem with interaction between some black communities (not all) and police.  That's exactly what we're discussing.  The point is, for the most part it's not a police problem.  The shooting in Minnesota may be an exception, but with all of these stories that wind up on the national news, we're not talking about cops just walking up to black people and shooting them for no reason.  We're talking about people who at some point committed a crime and/or resisted police and got a negative result. 

Then, you have a president who exacerbates the issue and basically tells everyone they should be angry because they are being profiled by the police.  You can't reason with people who have already made up their minds and have decided that they won't change them.  It doesn't matter what race they are.  Especially when the POTUS basically endorses their behavior.

I don't understand how those communities "don't have a voice".  I would really like to understand that statement.

I never agree with you. 

Until I do. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2016, 02:13:35 PM »
I never agree with you. 

Until I do.

Just great!  Let me be the first to gradulate.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2016, 02:30:32 PM »
I never agree with you. 

Until I do.

Agreeing with bammers ain't something I do often but token has made it easy lately. Maybe he's had a good influence on rws.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2016, 10:23:48 AM »
So who's fault is it?

Blame enough for both sides to share. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.