Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trump Will Eventually...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Trump Will Eventually...
« on: June 15, 2016, 10:50:37 AM »
take himself out of the race with his own actions.  I've thought this from the start and I think many have as well.  Now, I'm convinced of it.  Absolutely amazed that he's made it this far and now he's the lone obstacle to a Hitlary Presidency.  And I hate that he's the only other viable choice besides her.  But, I think that's being covered thoroughly in a couple of other 100 page threads.

Now, Trump has added the Washington Post to his list of banned media.  He didn't like a headline so they're no longer welcome at his press conferences.  The list keeps growing longer.  Look, I agree with his assertion that the press in general is sleazy and interested only in clicks.  I have Fox News as my home page, not because I'm so incredibly conservative.  More because of familiarity. 

I understand they're transparent about being the alternative to all the left leaning media, but so much of their journalism is so blatantly to the right, it's almost embarrassing.  But no matter.  The fact is that Trump is now alienating another media outlet and he's looking ridiculously thin-skinned.  Almost childish.  I can understand calling the press out on some things.  Actually glad to see someone with the balls to do it. (Just envious of someone with balls)

But this is crunch time.  There's two candidates left in the spotlight.  Everything both of them say and do is now magnified X100.  I don't see any way this stuff won't eventually bury him in the polls.         
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Trump Will Eventually...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 11:21:20 AM »
You know I'm not pro trump. But did you see the headline? In your world they call that slander. And false.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 11:41:42 AM »
You know I'm not pro trump. But did you see the headline? In your world they call that slander. And false.

Oh I agree.  I think the better course though, is leave it alone.  Or address it directly with them.  But this is multiple times he's said, "You wrote bad stuff.  You can't come over and play anymore."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 01:02:55 PM »
It's Monty Brewster at this point.  He started a movement and he is caught up in the momentum.

He could literally shit on the Constitution and would be applauded for his anti-PC stance.

It's fucking ridiculous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 01:19:11 PM »
It's Monty Brewster at this point.  He started a movement and he is caught up in the momentum.

He could literally shit on the Constitution and would be applauded for his anti-PC stance.

It's fucking ridiculous.

To imply that a presidential candidate said that the president was involved in the Orlando shooting is another level of despicable journalism. Enough so that they even retracted it and play word salad in their rewrite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 01:29:05 PM »
To imply that a presidential candidate said that the president was involved in the Orlando shooting is another level of despicable journalism. Enough so that they even retracted it and play word salad in their rewrite.

I wasn't speaking to that particular instance, just the lunacy of his candidacy in general.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 01:31:29 PM »

It's fucking ridiculous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 01:50:26 PM »

It's fucking ridiculous.

^

Wrong. 

The only way he could get the Constitution would be if he identified himself as a woman, went into the female restroom and took it out of the stall where Hillary has been shredding it and using it as toilet paper for years. 

That's what's ridiculous. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 01:51:52 PM »
I wasn't speaking to that particular instance, just the lunacy of his candidacy in general.

^
Again. 

To YOU.  To me, the lunacy is that Clinton isn't in prison.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 03:56:22 PM »
I'll admit that the interpretation was rash.

But this is a textbook example of WHAT TRUMP DOES in a nutshell. This is his calculation. This is the one thing I have always credited him at being a genius at.

Here is the quote in question:

"He doesn't get it or he gets it better than anybody understands - it's one or the other and either one is unacceptable."

"We're led by a man who is very -- look, we're led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he's got something else in mind. And the something else in mind, you know, people can't believe it."

"People cannot believe, they cannot believe that President Obama is acting the way he acts and he can't even mention the words 'radical Islamic terrorism.' There's something going on. It's inconceivable. There's something going on."

What does that vague word salad mean exactly? Well, that's up to you to interpret. He won't say the thing he's trying to say, but he'll dance around it and let YOU interperet the Rorschach test.

I heard him try to say (without saying) that Obama is secretly a Muslim and that this is why he is so quick to defend them.

I don't think it's entirely irrationally insane to interpret "he's got something else in mind" that "people can't believe" and "there's something going on. It's inconceivable," as heavily implying that Obama was more involved than just being "a secret Muslim", if not specifically referring to Orlando, then about covertly aiding Jihad in general.

And to prove how NOT crazy an interpretation that is, I'm sure Kaos or CCTAU would be happy to tell you that they believe the same thing and he's onto something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 04:04:36 PM »
I'll admit that the interpretation was rash.

But this is a textbook example of WHAT TRUMP DOES in a nutshell. This is his calculation. This is the one thing I have always credited him at being a genius at.

Here is the quote in question:

"He doesn't get it or he gets it better than anybody understands - it's one or the other and either one is unacceptable."

"We're led by a man who is very -- look, we're led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he's got something else in mind. And the something else in mind, you know, people can't believe it."

"People cannot believe, they cannot believe that President Obama is acting the way he acts and he can't even mention the words 'radical Islamic terrorism.' There's something going on. It's inconceivable. There's something going on."

What does that vague word salad mean exactly? Well, that's up to you to interpret. He won't say the thing he's trying to say, but he'll dance around it and let YOU interperet the Rorschach test.

I heard him try to say (without saying) that Obama is secretly a Muslim and that this is why he is so quick to defend them.

I don't think it's entirely irrationally insane to interpret "he's got something else in mind" that "people can't believe" and "there's something going on. It's inconceivable," as heavily implying that Obama was more involved than just being "a secret Muslim", if not specifically referring to Orlando, then about covertly aiding Jihad in general.

And to prove how NOT crazy an interpretation that is, I'm sure Kaos or CCTAU would be happy to tell you that they believe the same thing and he's onto something.

At worst Obama is a Muslim

At best he is Nation of Islam
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 04:09:43 PM »

Please prove to me that he is not.  He identified as Islamic at various points during his life.  His pastor in Chicago was extremely radical even as he purported to be "Christian."  His personal associations and connections are highly questionable. 

Is he a full-blown, kneeling on the mat, Muslim?  I sorta doubt it. 

Most likely he skews closer to atheism or agnosticism.  As self-important as he appears to be, he probably believes more in himself than he does some omnipotent deity. 

But he's certainly more sympathetic to the Islamic views than most would be.  He's deferential to their customs, to their habits, to their practices,  more so than most.  He's way more Muslim than I am.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 05:26:06 PM »

Damn. There are still dumbasses out there who think its a secret!  :facepalm:

« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 05:30:31 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 05:46:37 PM »
Damn. There are still dumbasses out there who think its a secret!  :facepalm:

:facepalm:

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/06/obamas-dreams-of-my-father/

A second false quote has Obama saying he would "stand with the Muslims," words that don’t appear in his book. What he actually said is that he would stand with American immigrants from Pakistan or Arab countries should they be faced with something like the forced detention of Japanese-American families in World War II:

Misleading e-mail: From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Obama did not say he would side with "the Muslims," which could easily be read as meaning he would side with the world’s Muslim population even if it meant working outside the best interests of the United States. He said he would side with "them," referring back to his mention of immigrant communities and specifically to "Arab and Pakistani Americans." Furthermore, he was speaking of an "ugly direction" like the mass internment of Japanese Americans.

This false quote goes hand in hand with the equally false rumor that Obama is a Muslim.
BUT THAT MEME SAYZ IT THO!!!

Can I call CCTAU a fucking idiot since we've established clearly that he's done the same to me about a thousand times?

Or no since this is a different thread?

Either way, I'll just stick with what I've said before:
And here's the part where I explain that if you're going to insist on getting your news from blogs like ConservativeTribune (which I notice you didn't link), goofy fucking memes your elderly friend sent you with a subject containing 27 "RE:"s you should do at least five seconds of fact checking, because odds are high that it is full of shit.

Remember what I've been saying about manipulating idiots? Just put a minimal effort into not to being one.

In case you need to more information on how to feel about the above quote:

I did not say anyone was an idiot. I said PUT A MINIMAL EFFORT IN NOT BEING ONE. Meaning, all you have to do is apply the absolute MINIMUM amount of scrutiny Trump says instead of googling far-right lunatic fringe conspiracy theory blogs that propagandize for him, try actually seeing what ANY mainstream news site, hell, even Fox News, has to say about it. That's all. Again, I think I'm being quite clear unless your asshole's chapped and you're DYING to take offense to anything and everything I say.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 05:50:08 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 06:12:29 PM »

Please prove to me that he is not.  He identified as Islamic at various points during his life.  His pastor in Chicago was extremely radical even as he purported to be "Christian."  His personal associations and connections are highly questionable. 

Prove to me that he is. One of my first comments on AU Family got met by a ghost named Galen telling me that it was my responsibility to prove my claims.

I know he has family members that were involved in Islam. He was registered as a Muslim at a school when he was six years old, but there's a back story there. His step father was a Muslim and Obama was attending a Catholic school. The Catholic school required those who registered as Catholics to participate in multiple religious rituals throughout the school day. There's no official statement as to why he was registered a Muslim at this school, but the general conclusion is that he was registered as a Muslim to avoid the Catholic stuff.

Jeremiah Wright may be a radical and have questionable sermons, but at what point can he be connected to Islam?

At worst Obama is an atheist who sympathizes with the teachings of Jesus.

At best Obama is a devout Christian who believes in helping all people no matter their apparent "sin" and his tactics anger those who are on the conservative side of the fence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 09:18:11 PM »
Prove to me that he is. One of my first comments on AU Family got met by a ghost named Galen telling me that it was my responsibility to prove my claims.

I know he has family members that were involved in Islam. He was registered as a Muslim at a school when he was six years old, but there's a back story there. His step father was a Muslim and Obama was attending a Catholic school. The Catholic school required those who registered as Catholics to participate in multiple religious rituals throughout the school day. There's no official statement as to why he was registered a Muslim at this school, but the general conclusion is that he was registered as a Muslim to avoid the Catholic stuff.

Jeremiah Wright may be a radical and have questionable sermons, but at what point can he be connected to Islam?

At best Obama is a devout Christian who believes in helping all people no matter their apparent "sin" and his tactics anger those who are on the conservative side of the fence.

That has to be the weakest argument I've heard in a long, long time.  HE REGISTERED AS A MUSLIM!!! But hey, since there's no official reason why, the logical and obvious conclusion is he must not be a Muslim.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 09:27:56 PM »

It still stings does it? 

The statement is that he is NOT a Muslim.  I'm saying prove it.  Prove he isn't.  Can't be done. 

I think you are waaaaaaaaaaaay of base on your best and worst case scenarios.  Like way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 09:33:17 PM »
It still stings does it? 

The statement is that he is NOT a Muslim.  I'm saying prove it.  Prove he isn't.  Can't be done. 

I think you are waaaaaaaaaaaay of base on your best and worst case scenarios.  Like way.

This.  He REGISTERED.  Meaning, he or his parents or guardian checked the box.  Wrote it in.  But the argument is "Since there's no official reason why...."  WTF does that mean.  You fill out a form and state that you're Muslim, Catholic, Jewish whatever.  Do you have to give "an official reason why".  No! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 10:35:44 PM »
This.  He REGISTERED.  Meaning, he or his parents or guardian checked the box.  Wrote it in.  But the argument is "Since there's no official reason why...."  WTF does that mean.  You fill out a form and state that you're Muslim, Catholic, Jewish whatever.  Do you have to give "an official reason why".  No! 
First of all, HE didn't do shit. Are you kidding me? He was SIX years old.

His dad was a Muslim. No one denies that. Not him or anyone else. The only problem is he barely knew his dad. His mother was a born a white Christian, but by Barack's own accounts according to his books, she was very secular and did not raise him into any religion.

He was "registered" as a Muslim on Indonesian 1st grade school registration forms that had all kinds of wrong information on them most likely as a default because his dad was Muslim, his mom didn't give a fuck, and no one knew he was going to be the President of the United States and a bunch of conspiracy theorists were going to make a huge fucking deal about such a minor detail on the school registration form of a six year old.

Obama himself has said that he spent two years at a Muslim school and two years at a Catholic school during the time he lived with his mom in Indonesia from ages 6 to 10. It's no secret. Indonesia is 87.2% Muslim and 2.9% Catholic. The fact that he spent half his time in a Catholic school, the second half no less, in a place where that is certainly not the norm, if anything, indicates that if they sought one of the two out, it was the Catholic school.

And by the way, you know who started the bullshit rumor that the Muslim school was a radical madrassa and that he was currently a practicing Muslim? Crooked Hillary.

He was baptized into the United Church of Christ as an adult in 1988, where he remained for 20 years until Jeremiah Wright-gate happened. Since then he's been attending church at Camp David. The same one W attended. Why is his "registration" at school when he was six years old that he clearly had no part in THE BE ALL END ALL, but his baptism, church he attended for 20 years, church he attends now, and most of all his own words any time he's asked about it just completely meaningless? In what world is that rational?

It still stings does it? 

Your interpretation of how "burden of proof" works is astonishing. I guess to you it means you can make whatever wild-assed nonsensical accusation you want and the "burden of proof" lies on everyone else to disprove it. Just whatever side of the argument is opposite of you, that's who has to prove it, right?

Here's all the proof a sane person needs.

Bernie Sanders is Jewish. There are actual Muslims in US politics. André Carson & Keith Ellison are current US Congressmen for example. There have been plenty of others in all sorts of offices throughout history. If Obama were Muslim, he wouldn't have to pretend he wasn't. Anyone who wouldn't vote for him because of that didn't vote for him anyway for plenty of other reasons.

Personally, I don't think it's all that far fetched an ideat that he's privately "secular" like his mother and that Michelle's the one that drags him to church. They met about the time he was baptized. The Muslim shit, to me, is waaaay more of a stretch. Either way, it's none of my fucking business or yours either. Romans 14:22 bitch.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 12:05:40 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 11:31:01 PM »
I prefer Proverbs 31:7.
friendly