Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

JHS Over The Jawja Dome

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
JHS Over The Jawja Dome
« on: April 22, 2016, 09:38:06 AM »
Don't give a shit if anyone likes country music or not.  Not my favorite but I'll always take in a show.  And, I'm going to purchase alkeyhawl legally in Jordan Hare tomorrow.  Keen article from the dot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. on how this concert came about.

Kenny Chesney isn't playing a concert in the Georgia Dome this year.

He is headed straight for Jordan-Hare Stadium, 110 miles away from Chesney's annual Atlanta stop, to kick off his 2016 "Spread the Love Tour" there. It's all because of the homegrown Auburn restaurant Chicken Salad Chick – and its founders Stacy and (the late) Kevin Brown.

Kevin Brown was diagnosed with stage-four colon cancer in 2014 at the age of 39. Once the Browns came to terms with the news, Kevin started a foundation to fight cancer and give back to the Auburn community that helped grow Chicken Salad Chick.

The Browns' family friend Barclay Smith took on the job as Chicken Salad Chick Foundation Director, and Kevin approached her with the idea of filling Jordan-Hare Stadium for a benefit concert.

"I had a connection to my friend Stuart Dill, who lives in Nashville and has been in the music industry for over 30 years," Smith said. "So just in a friendly phone call...I talked to him about the possibilities of putting on a stadium concert in Auburn."

Dill, who's managed many country artists including Billy Ray Cyrus and Jo Dee Messina, was more than willing chat with Kevin – but had his doubts about whether or not it could work.

There are a number of reasons major concert tours don't make frequent stops at college stadiums. Many campuses are in small towns, and they don't have alcohol sales.

"That's almost exclusively on NFL stadiums," Dill said. "Kevin and I talked about that, and I said look, the university would have to be really 100 percent behind us."

Kevin went to work. Once Athletic Director Jay Jacobs gave his blessing and the coveted liquor license was obtained, it was up to Dill to pitch the idea to Kenny Chesney's people. Chesney, an SEC football fanatic, said yes immediately. The "Music and Miracles Superfest" was born.

Kevin and Stacy met Chesney and attended his concert at AT&T Stadium in Dallas last year. Kevin passed away two months later in November.

"I'm just very thankful that they did get to meet. Kenny was excited, he felt like they were partners," said Dill. "I truly always thought that [Kevin] would be there on Saturday. He had so much drive and energy."

Watch the video above for more from Barclay Smith and Stuart Dill on how Kenny Chesney was impacted by the Browns' story, and the forces that came together to make Kevin's vision a reality.

You may have seen the Music & Miracles Superfest being billed as the first-ever concert at Jordan-Hare. As reports have pointed out, that's not entirely true. James Brown and the Beach Boys are on a short list of those who've played small concerts in the stadium.

"In 75 years, yes, there's been music in the stadium," Dill said. "They've had some things associated with the school, they've had some bands of note come in and have four or five thousand people. What they've never had is a full stadium production."

"We certainly don't want to discredit anything that's already happened in Jordan-Hare," Smith says. "This place has such an amazing history. We're just thrilled to be a part of the continuance of that."

If there is one "first" everyone can agree on, it's that the Music & Miracles Superfest will be the first concert of this magnitude to take place in the stadium...or in other words, the largest.

Saturday's festival is the first of more to come annually at Jordan-Hare to celebrate life, music, and bring thousands together in the fight against cancer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: JHS Over The Jawja Dome
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 11:32:54 AM »
Booooooooooo...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 11:36:22 AM »
Booooooooooo...

Yep.  Anything that benefits cancer research is BS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 11:44:05 AM »

Who do those sick and less fortunate think they are anyway?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 11:45:49 AM »

Just more of the entitled generation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 12:03:37 PM »

Liberals?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 01:37:36 PM »
Just more of the entitled generation.

Cancer is just something the white man invented to keep a black man down!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 01:40:33 PM »
Cancer is just something the white man invented to keep a black man down!

hence so few black cowboys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 02:28:46 PM »

Booooooooooo. Kenny chesney.  Booooooooooooo! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 02:33:59 PM »
Booooooooooo. Kenny chesney.  Booooooooooooo!

Nope, you can't take it back now.  You hate cancer research you privileged, entitled, white supremacist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 02:39:12 PM »
hence so few black cowboys.

Dez isn't black?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 02:51:54 PM »
Nope, you can't take it back now.  You hate cancer research you privileged, entitled, white supremacist.

Redundant. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 02:48:37 AM »
I've been wanting to see Old Dominion for a while now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 12:20:17 PM »
I've been wanting to see Old Dominion for a while now.

I have heard they put on a great show.  Only one in that group I don't care to listen to is Lambert.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 04:07:10 PM »
Not a fan. I think I'm about to put on my Kaos hat for this one:

This concert has completely taken over and bastardized the loveliest village. The amount of disgusting - and presumably bammer - trash that is floating around campus right now is absurd. It has the look and feel of a football game except these are not Auburn people tailgating. It's a bunch of country music festival folks "gettin' fucked up" and smoking cigarettes. It's fat stupid people running amok on the state's best college campus.

I guess it's a sell out to make money, but I'm disappointed in the PTB that ok'd this concert.

Alcohol will be sold in the stadium. There's cigarette smoke everywhere. And the American flag was removed from the stadium for this oversized No Shoes Nation bullshit with a skull and crossbones.

It's the complete opposite of what I would expect from a day in Auburn.

18 wheelers took over most of on campus student parking for the past 10 days. Half of Auburn's campus closed early yesterday and faculty and staff vehicles were threatened to be towed if they didn't clear out of all of the parking lots.

Sound check has gone on for hours each day since Wednesday, interrupting classes, which is great timing considering finals start in a little over a week.

I'm putting on my grumpy face and avoiding this shit like the plague.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 04:12:18 PM »
Pretty much hate every single thing Kenny chesney represents. 

Fuck Jay Jacobs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 10:07:01 PM »
Pretty much hate every single thing Kenny chesney represents. 

Fuck Jay Jacobs.

The cancer joke above aside, with you in that sentiment. He's everything wrong with what that genre of music and what it's fans have become. No shoes nation - what a bunch of commercialized over marketed horse hockey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2016, 12:56:59 AM »
I have heard they put on a great show.  Only one in that group I don't care to listen to is Lambert.
They've got some great songs that the kids like to dance to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2016, 01:38:04 AM »
Whiney ass bitches, the lot of you!

GoKenny!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2016, 09:50:36 AM »
From what I understand, part of the deal was that we would get a new field because part of it was dug up for the stage.

Rumor is that we could be installing astroturf to replace the grass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole