Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Collectors

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Collectors
« on: April 20, 2016, 03:13:19 PM »
Any coin collectors on here?  I've always thought it was something I'd like to get into and any time I run across something unusual, I'll put it aside.  I've just never taken the time to pursue it.  I'm not just old, I'm old school.  I still take any loose change I have at the end of the day and throw it in a shoe box in the closet.  I'll stay faithful with it and then take it to the coin changey thingy machine at the store and get some folding money to use on vacation or whatever.  Took the latest batch Monday and walked out with $360.00.

Anyway, I always comb through the coins before I take them and see if anything of interest made its way into the pile.  This time, I found One Centavo from the Phillipines from 1940.  Minted in America when the Phillipines was under US Administration.  Looked it up and it's worth between $2.00 and $5.00 depending on condition. Also found a penny with the face of Elizabeth II on one side and of all things, a crab on the back.  The inscription is Elizabeth II Bailiwick of Guernsey.  Googled Chromes showed Guernsey to be a small island in the English Channel. 

I just find researching the origins and history of some of these coins to be extra keen.  Anyone do any collecting of coins or other neato stuff, like baseball cards etc.?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Collectors
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 03:17:54 PM »
You should go get you some Jacksons before they quit printing them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 03:19:35 PM »
I collect beaver pelts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 03:24:36 PM »
You should go get you some Jacksons before they quit printing them.

I've already pre-ordered the Rosa Parks Hundo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 03:41:25 PM »

Uh huh...hush that fuss...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 03:52:27 PM »
I use a coffee can, the big one, with clit in the top. I love sound of coins against the tin, then coins on coins. I keep real copper pennies and real nickel, nickels. Silver coins are great to come across, but it's been years since I've come across any. I first collected stamps, then coins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 03:54:01 PM »

I'm waiting for the Malcom X tens.  Those will bring in some serious coin someday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 03:55:28 PM »
I use a coffee can, the big one, with clit in the top. I love sound of coins against the tin, then coins on coins. I keep real copper pennies and real nickel, nickels. Silver coins are great to come across, but it's been years since I've come across any. I first collected stamps, then coins.

When it comes down to business, this is what I do. I pinch it like this. OOH you little fuck. Then I rub my nose with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 04:00:32 PM »
When it comes down to business, this is what I do. I pinch it like this. OOH you little fuck. Then I rub my nose with it.

I am the CLIT commander!  I make that shit work!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 04:06:30 PM »
Baseball Cards when I was a kid but I have them saved.  Stuff that I have from my dad that is worth decent coin Bart Starr (yeah I know) Rookie Card, Couple of Henry Aarons (including one that is a misprint showing him batting lefty), Whitey Ford...etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 04:07:03 PM »
I collect beaver pelts.
Nice beaver
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 04:11:57 PM »
Baseball Cards when I was a kid but I have them saved.  Stuff that I have from my dad that is worth decent coin Bart Starr (yeah I know) Rookie Card, Couple of Henry Aarons (including one that is a misprint showing him batting lefty), Whitey Ford...etc.

+1 here.
Mostly cards from my glory days when I was playing Little League ball.  I have Wade Boggs, Tony Gwynn and Cal Ripken Jr. rookie cards along with a plethora of guys that wore the stirrups with the short pants.  My most prized card though is my Pony League card from when I played for the local Dodgers.  I almost crossed the Mendoza line that year.  Good times!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 04:13:23 PM »
+1 here.
Mostly cards from my glory days when I was playing Little League ball.  I have Wade Boggs, Tony Gwynn and Cal Ripken Jr. rookie cards along with a plethora of guys that wore the stirrups with the short pants.  My most prized card though is my Pony League card from when I played for the local Dodgers.  I almost crossed the Mendoza line that year.  Good times!

I want your autograph bro
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 04:13:54 PM »
I'm waiting for the Malcom X tens.  Those will bring in some serious coin someday.

Wait till the Obama $100.00 comes out. Heard they will be giving them away to certain folks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 04:34:39 PM »
Collected comics growing up, mostly Marvel.  Had stacks of them from way back.  Have no idea if there was any value to them, just liked to stockpile them and go back and re-read em'.  Had been out of town and came home to find my room in disarray.  My mom had decided my room needed some changes.  First thing I noticed were my comics being gone. 

Wait...what?  Where's all my comics?

I threw those old things out.  You'd had them for years.

WHAAAAAAAAT THE HELL??????

Things went downhill quickly from there.  When my pops got home, he naturally whipped my ass to a soda water finish.  Slapped me to sleep.  I'm telling the truth, last week was not a good week for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 05:04:49 PM »
Collected comics growing up, mostly Marvel.  Had stacks of them from way back.  Have no idea if there was any value to them, just liked to stockpile them and go back and re-read em'.  Had been out of town and came home to find my room in disarray.  My mom had decided my room needed some changes.  First thing I noticed were my comics being gone. 

Wait...what?  Where's all my comics?

I threw those old things out.  You'd had them for years.

WHAAAAAAAAT THE HELL??????

Things went downhill quickly from there.  When my pops got home, he naturally whipped my ass to a soda water finish.  Slapped me to sleep.  I'm telling the truth, last week was not a good week for me.

My older sister put all my Star Wars action figures in a yard sale.

Nice beaver

Thanks, I just had it stuffed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 06:40:59 PM »
My Pokemon cards, Beanie Babies, and Iraqi dinar collection laugh heartily at your paltry collections.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 06:54:14 PM »
I am the CLIT commander!  I make that shit work!

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:01:01 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 07:19:48 PM »
I've used playboys since 1995.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2016, 10:16:52 PM »
I've used playboys since 1995.

Ever bopped your bologna?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions