Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hey you kopper toppers.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Hey you kopper toppers.
« on: February 22, 2016, 12:46:34 PM »
I have a quershion.

I have a friend on the Henry County PD. They are transitioning from the Glock .40 to the 9mm. Gonna use a hollow point plus p 124 grain round. Said they were shown a video with the two using the same grain bullet and the expansion was the same.

If you carry the .40, would you not use a bit heavier round, therefore creating more penetration by virtue of weight? this would make the comparison invalid, no?

The other reason was that .40 ammo was not as easily available.

What type service weapon do most of you carry? And if it was open selection, which would be your personal choice?

I'm a .45 ACP guy. But I don't carry for a living.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

Re: Hey you kopper toppers.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 12:58:56 PM »
i don't carry.

guns kill people and animals. 

peace.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 01:18:56 PM »
i don't carry.

guns kill people and animals. 

peace.

And trees.  Guns kill trees.  Don't they?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 01:33:11 PM »
And trees.  Guns kill trees.  Don't they?

You serious, Clark?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 02:57:02 PM »
A man asks a serious quershun and all he gets is static from the peanut gallery....

Sheesh. Take your pepper spray and move on!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 03:04:28 PM »
A man asks a serious quershun and all he gets is static from the peanut gallery....

I typically carry a Hattori Hanzo sword and a bullwhip.   Haven't needed much else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 03:05:12 PM »

my pepper spray is GMO Free Certified as well as organic. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 03:08:26 PM »

my pepper spray is GMO Free Certified as well as organic.

Yeah but is it gluten free?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 03:11:33 PM »
Yeah but is it gluten free?

no...can't take a chance. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 05:02:59 PM »
DAMMIT!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 05:30:10 PM »
.45 for me
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

chinook

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 05:54:48 PM »
this thread was a misfire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 10:38:21 PM »
In short, the damage a .40 does compared to a 9mm is negligible.  It makes more sense to carry a 9mm for less recoil, shooting faster, and the ability to carry more bullets.

With the way technology has advanced and 9mm has become a hotter load I don't see a need to carry a .40.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

Token

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 11:14:42 PM »
I have a quershion.

I have a friend on the Henry County PD. They are transitioning from the Glock .40 to the 9mm. Gonna use a hollow point plus p 124 grain round. Said they were shown a video with the two using the same grain bullet and the expansion was the same.

If you carry the .40, would you not use a bit heavier round, therefore creating more penetration by virtue of weight? this would make the comparison invalid, no?

The other reason was that .40 ammo was not as easily available.

What type service weapon do most of you carry? And if it was open selection, which would be your personal choice?

I'm a .45 ACP guy. But I don't carry for a living.

I carry an issued .40 Glock 22 for service and .40 Glock 27 as backup.  Most agencies went away from 9mm back in the 80s after the FBI ran a study and basically called them useless after a few of their agents were killed in a serious shootout.  There have been more recent studies to suggest they are just as effective, but you'll see a slow push, if any, for LEO agencies moving back to 9mm.  Basically the reason why is simple. Working for a Sheriff, if I respond to a local agency in a shooting situation, our magazines are interchangeable.  Instead of trying to reload mags in a shooting situation, simply grab one of theirs and stay in fight.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:17:32 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2016, 09:58:23 AM »
In short, the damage a .40 does compared to a 9mm is negligible.  It makes more sense to carry a 9mm for less recoil, shooting faster, and the ability to carry more bullets.

With the way technology has advanced and 9mm has become a hotter load I don't see a need to carry a .40.

The 9mm is already loaded at full capacity from a powder standpoint. So how did it get hotter?
I figure you are talking about +P. But that has been around a long time.

And in truth, it is about the bullet you are allowed to use. IMO, 9mm FMJ(NATO) is a useless round in a combat setting. Might as well have a .38!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2016, 09:59:16 AM »
I carry an issued .40 Glock 22 for service and .40 Glock 27 as backup.  Most agencies went away from 9mm back in the 80s after the FBI ran a study and basically called them useless after a few of their agents were killed in a serious shootout.  There have been more recent studies to suggest they are just as effective, but you'll see a slow push, if any, for LEO agencies moving back to 9mm.  Basically the reason why is simple. Working for a Sheriff, if I respond to a local agency in a shooting situation, our magazines are interchangeable.  Instead of trying to reload mags in a shooting situation, simply grab one of theirs and stay in fight.

You didn't say what your personal preference would be, if given the choice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 10:42:35 AM »
What caliber do you use as your plant gun, to place next to the body of an unarmed threat? I would assume 25's and 22's are cheap. Are these department issued? Do they come by the box?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 11:01:24 AM »
Yeah. 

.40, .41.  Whatever it takes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 11:48:22 AM »
Yeah. 

.40, .41.  Whatever it takes.

You want a beer?

It's 7 a.m.

Scotch?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Token

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 04:33:16 PM »
You didn't say what your personal preference would be, if given the choice.

Kimber 1911
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions