Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official 2016 Signing Day Thread

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Official 2016 Signing Day Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2016, 04:12:04 PM »
Another thing, Auburn has 9 players who enrolled early. Is this the most ever for Auburn?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2016, 04:29:04 PM »
Yes, and most think it will be Auburn only he wont be signing today for whatever reason.

Me thinks his grades might not be in order.  He might be a sign and place kid.  Supposedly has a lot of work to do in the classroom. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

chinook

« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2016, 04:45:24 PM »
Me thinks his grades might not be in order.  He might be a sign and place kid.  Supposedly has a lot of work to do in the classroom.

frick the classroom.  we need national championships.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2016, 04:55:49 PM »
frick the classroom.  we need national championships.

this^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2016, 05:07:35 PM »
ESPN scrolling some "big flip from auburn to UGA"
DL David Marshall flipped to UGA, as has been predicted for over a month now...because they "showed more love"...that's recruit speak for gave me more money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2016, 05:14:32 PM »
DL David Marshall flipped to UGA, as has been predicted for over a month now...because they "showed more love"...that's recruit speak for gave me more money.

Yeah, Malzahn should have taken the AU jet and landed on his street to outdo Kirby's helicopter rides.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2016, 05:15:09 PM »

al.kum says its a family issue. No, seriously.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2016, 05:31:43 PM »
I count 21 names on the big board (aka the first post in this thread).

Presuming that early enrollees count backwards...

We should have 4 scholarships to dangle.

Figure that Catalina would get one if he wants...

Three for early enrollees (plus attrition/processing)?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2016, 05:34:27 PM »
I count 21 names on the big board (aka the first post in this thread).

Presuming that early enrollees count backwards...

We should have 4 scholarships to dangle.

Figure that Catalina would get one if he wants...

Three for early enrollees (plus attrition/processing)?

Still wondering about Manning.  Word was he's not even enrolling except for on-line classes and maybe not even at AU.  I know Malzahn is going to honor his scholly whenever he's ready but does he need to count towards this year if he's not coming on campus?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2016, 05:49:00 PM »
Still wondering about Manning.  Word was he's not even enrolling except for on-line classes and maybe not even at AU.  I know Malzahn is going to honor his scholly whenever he's ready but does he need to count towards this year if he's not coming on campus?

Dude is battling cancer.  I hope Auburn does everything they can to help the kid.  It's the right thing to do and it's the right thing for the program.

Auburn did the right thing by Shon Coleman and he came back to us to play when he could.  He turned that into a first round decision.  First and foremost I want Manning to be healthy and happy.  If he can also contribute to Auburn winning some football games, then so much the better.

I have no issue with holding this scholarship for him.  Let that young man know that all he has to do is get healthy right now and his future as a scholarship player in the SEC is taken care of.  Give him that peace of mind, at the very least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2016, 06:03:24 PM »
His scholarship isn't going to count until he's cleared by the doctors to play. Same thing happened with Shon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2016, 08:35:36 PM »
Dude is battling cancer.  I hope Auburn does everything they can to help the kid.  It's the right thing to do and it's the right thing for the program.

Auburn did the right thing by Shon Coleman and he came back to us to play when he could.  He turned that into a first round decision.  First and foremost I want Manning to be healthy and happy.  If he can also contribute to Auburn winning some football games, then so much the better.

I have no issue with holding this scholarship for him.  Let that young man know that all he has to do is get healthy right now and his future as a scholarship player in the SEC is taken care of.  Give him that peace of mind, at the very least.
^^This.  Every word of it^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2016, 09:00:29 PM »

Gee, I didn't know that.  I just posted some random thread 4 days ago entitled, "Hope this turns out as good as Coleman's story".  But jeepers Wally, I had no idea what the story was about.   Thanks for the heads up.  Prayers sent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2016, 09:05:16 PM »
Gee, I didn't know that.  I just posted some random thread 4 days ago entitled, "Hope this turns out as good as Coleman's story".  But jeepers Wally, I had no idea what the story was about.   Thanks for the heads up.  Prayers sent.

Why do you hate sick children....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2016, 12:03:27 AM »
Dude. Srsly? Have some class, although you'd have to borrow it.

Geez Louise. Talk about a jerk. :facepalm:

WTH?
All I asked was did we sign another White boy this year?

Touchy. Touchy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2016, 08:05:24 AM »
WTH?
All I asked was did we sign another White boy this year?

Touchy. Touchy!

One
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2016, 08:09:39 AM »
WHERE'S THE AL.COM HYPE VIDEO FOR BROWN?!?!?
Send that guy this highlight video, tell him that's what he should expect in the upcoming Iron Bowl...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2016, 10:34:50 AM »

Never seen such hype and talk over such a low rated recruit. You would have thought the guy was the next clowney the way the ajc and Uga sites hyped him up. Fwiw I've heard he didn't flip at all. Auburn was take it or leave it with him. Wm was the main one who wanted him. Once he left auburn stopped "showing love". We didn't dance like a monkey for him. Kirby did. Like he did for rashaun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2016, 11:21:01 AM »
This d-line class has me excited nearing some of Coach Dye's early ones. Never know what we have but this should provide some payoff for a couple of seasons.

Maybe we can get a good start for offensive linemen and linebackers for next season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2016, 11:46:07 AM »
Never seen such hype and talk over such a low rated recruit. You would have thought the guy was the next clowney the way the ajc and Uga sites hyped him up. Fwiw I've heard he didn't flip at all. Auburn was take it or leave it with him. Wm was the main one who wanted him. Once he left auburn stopped "showing love". We didn't dance like a monkey for him. Kirby did. Like he did for rashaun.
They just butt hurt over Do-Do Brown.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum