Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

QB 2016

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: QB 2016
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2015, 07:00:30 PM »
The only thing I don't like about Franklin is the way he carelessly holds the ball one handed as he is making a run for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2015, 08:57:07 PM »
I didn't see any read options, most of the runs were designed QB runs. He's fast, faster than Marshall and he has a pretty good arm (good enough arm). Auburn just needs a QB Coach that can teach him how to read defenses...or atleast teach him to no throw into double/triple coverage. I'm thinking that there's the flaw in Gus' system, he doesn't teach the QBs how to read defenses, there's no time for it. Some of the passes are designed per the play called. So, if you have a guy like JF3 or Jason Smith (who should've been the QB this year) they have good enough arms, but their elusiveness will make the Safeties and LBers hesitate just enough. With JJ & White, no one is worried about them running, plus our receivers are subpar (we don't have a receiver that commands attention). So again, someone like JF3, Woody or Jason Smith with decent arms and fast legs will command attention...that and, IMO Coach Malzahn calls a better game with a QB that can tuck it and fly when he doesn't want to throw into double/triple coverage.
My wish is that they would get a cut-uo of Nick running the read option and say THIS, this is what you need to master. We just need a proficient passer that takes care of the ball otherwise. Sure you're going to have to complete some tough throws. We just want you to run the offense well enough to limit those throws. This offense, when it's clicking, generally produces some receivers running free. Those are the ones you can't miss. Pretty simple really.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2015, 09:00:44 PM »
The only thing I don't like about Franklin is the way he carelessly holds the ball one handed as he is making a run for it.
If there's one thing we all hate around here, it's slouchy ball handling. Can't have it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2015, 09:37:36 PM »
Never heard any complaints from you when Cam did this. Racist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2015, 10:37:18 PM »
I didn't see any read options, most of the runs were designed QB runs. He's fast, faster than Marshall and he has a pretty good arm (good enough arm). Auburn just needs a QB Coach that can teach him how to read defenses...or atleast teach him to no throw into double/triple coverage. I'm thinking that there's the flaw in Gus' system, he doesn't teach the QBs how to read defenses, there's no time for it. Some of the passes are designed per the play called. So, if you have a guy like JF3 or Jason Smith (who should've been the QB this year) they have good enough arms, but their elusiveness will make the Safeties and LBers hesitate just enough. With JJ & White, no one is worried about them running, plus our receivers are subpar (we don't have a receiver that commands attention). So again, someone like JF3, Woody or Jason Smith with decent arms and fast legs will command attention...that and, IMO Coach Malzahn calls a better game with a QB that can tuck it and fly when he doesn't want to throw into double/triple coverage.

:thumsup:  Good insight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2015, 11:09:50 PM »
Never heard any complaints from you when Cam did this. Racist.

Cam didn't hold the ball one handed when he was about to get hit. Franklin will learn real fast, you can't do that in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2015, 07:59:36 AM »
Cam didn't hold the ball one handed when he was about to get hit. Franklin will learn real fast, you can't do that in the SEC.
...Unless you can.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2015, 08:39:29 AM »
:thumsup:  Good insight.

All I got from it was fire Jay Jacobs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2015, 01:45:01 PM »
All I got from it was fire Jay Jacobs
That's all we need.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2015, 08:15:33 PM »
When I said JF3 was fast, I was strictly going off of his highlight tapes. WOTS he was clocked at 4.38 40...yeah, that's Oregon fast. Wish he could play in the bowl game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2015, 10:28:02 PM »
When I said JF3 was fast, I was strictly going off of his highlight tapes. WOTS he was clocked at 4.38 40...yeah, that's Oregon fast. Wish he could play in the bowl game.

I agree.  I saw the same.  Sub 4.4 40 and very athletic.  Just worry if he's just an athlete or if he can make reads and the throws you have to in this offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2015, 12:17:45 AM »
I agree.  I saw the same.  Sub 4.4 40 and very athletic.  Just worry if he's just an athlete or if he can make reads and the throws you have to in this offense.

Chasing squirrels. If nothing else, he could be a Grant fast scatback.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2015, 02:04:11 AM »
Gus has def been putting in the work to recruit many QBs after this year's debacle. I think we actually have QB commits in place for 2017 & 2018 already in place. Right?

I still think Barrett will end up being the guy for several years. He seems to have just a little more talent than Franklin and that is saying alot. His downside is he will be a true Frosh. Sean White will work his ass off I'm sure. Should actually turn out to be one helluva QB battle the next several years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2015, 09:03:54 AM »
If he knows not to throw into triple coverage it will already be an improvement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

jmar

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2015, 11:17:16 AM »
Just finished watching a bunch of film on our incoming QB's for 2016.  Woody Barrett and John Franklin III.  First, let's assume for a second that there's nothing on campus right now that gives anyone hope for a bright future at AU. It's been said many times that we were a legit QB away from 10 or more wins and bigger things to come.  I beg to differ on some of that because our D still sucked (s).  But you digress.

Jeremy Johnson is not going to morph into Super Fucking Man and while Sean White could really do some good things at AU, I think most on here believe he's not exactly ideal to run Malzahn's system.  I also beg to differ because he's done some serious offensive shit with QB's similar to White.  But, let's talk about 2016.  Barrett and JF III (Please don't get into the RG III comparisons) come in to compete for the job.  Are either worthy?

When you compare Barrett to Franklin on film, it's not a fair fight.  Anyone thinking Franklin is going to step in here and become Nick Marshall Part Dooooo...think again.  The guy is 6' if that.  180 soaking wet with 10 pound dumbbells stuffed in his pockets.  And his only other offer besides Auburn was from Buffalo.  The film I saw was nothing more than snap the ball to him and he scrambles.  Not read option. Not pass.  Just wildcat scramble shittastic.  I haven't seen his stats. Maybe there's much more to him. Show me.         
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/12/nick_marshall_gets_his_chance.html#incart_river_index
We probably had the best cornerback on the field playing QB the last two seasons...just never got a chance to witness it.

I mentioned the maturity level because Franklin might be more ready to get playing time having already performed at the JUCO level, and that's not to take anything away from the physicality of Barrett. We can't wait to see that but wishing it doesn't make it happen.
Franklin could end up splitting time with White or JJ if they stick around or he could be strickly a wildcat QB. Either way that speed will make its way on the field some way, somehow. He's gonna dazzle us even if Buffalo was his only offer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2015, 07:56:41 AM »
I do not want to see Coach Gushlee try to QB rotate ever again. JF3 has a tiny but of experience in D1 when he was at FSU. Here's the latest highlight tape...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2015, 03:55:35 AM »
I do not want to see Coach Gushlee try to QB rotate ever again. JF3 has a tiny but of experience in D1 when he was at FSU. Here's the latest highlight tape...

http://th.be/lDkHhPpQncE
He has a funky throwing motion.  :jaw:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2015, 07:18:00 AM »
He has a funky throwing motion.  :jaw:
Somebody said he would never be an NFL QB with that funky throwing motion.
He tosses a right catchable floater.
My focus shifted to the offensive line. Those guys were clearing the runways in quick order.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2015, 09:24:28 AM »
The Wild Tiger is back, baby!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2015, 02:28:11 PM »
Bowl practice notes:

Coach Malzahn said that he'll be hiring the next DC in the near future. (YES!!!!!)

Sean White has looked pretty good, might play both in the bowl game. (Smh, 13 games in...still don't know who the starting QB will be)

Memphis is thinking about forfeiting, their coach stated that it's unfair they'll have to possibly face not one but two Elite, NFL Hall of Famer QBs in Johnson AND White.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions