Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

WWII in HD

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
WWII in HD
« on: December 15, 2015, 12:24:44 PM »
History Channel was showing this series this past weekend and I got totally caught up in it.  Each hour segment would focus on the experiences of several different people from different branches of the military.  Some were still living when they shot this series so you got some first hand accounts.  Just amazing how widespread and devastating that war really was. 

I had always heard a figure of around 6 million as the number of Jews killed in concentration camps; however, this series said from 1933 until the end of the war, the total number of people, Jews and non-Jews, murdered by the Nazi party was closer to 14-16 million.  I can't even begin to grasp the concept of why someone would do that, much less how you kill that many people.  Anyway, I hope the entire Nazi party continues to burn in hell.

Also, the life of a B-29 bomber crew member had to be juuuust a bit stressful, knowing that there was a better chance than not that you weren't coming back from your next mission.  Those guys took a pounding.  If you made it back, they'd throw some duct tape on all the holes in your plane and send you right back up.  I think stress would be an understatement for anyone on a ship in the Pacific as well, once the Japanese went all Kamakazi on them.  You'd better blow the plane out of the sky.  If you didn't, you were probably going to get "Blown up, sir".

Anyone watch this series before? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: WWII in HD
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 12:31:00 PM »
No, been too busy paying for Santa Clauses presents. Would like to watch though. You know if its On Demand? Guess I could look. May have to check this out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 02:10:00 PM »
History Channel was showing this series this past weekend and I got totally caught up in it.  Each hour segment would focus on the experiences of several different people from different branches of the military.  Some were still living when they shot this series so you got some first hand accounts.  Just amazing how widespread and devastating that war really was. 

I had always heard a figure of around 6 million as the number of Jews killed in concentration camps; however, this series said from 1933 until the end of the war, the total number of people, Jews and non-Jews, murdered by the Nazi party was closer to 14-16 million.  I can't even begin to grasp the concept of why someone would do that, much less how you kill that many people.  Anyway, I hope the entire Nazi party continues to burn in hell.

Also, the life of a B-29 bomber crew member had to be juuuust a bit stressful, knowing that there was a better chance than not that you weren't coming back from your next mission.  Those guys took a pounding.  If you made it back, they'd throw some duct tape on all the holes in your plane and send you right back up.  I think stress would be an understatement for anyone on a ship in the Pacific as well, once the Japanese went all Kamakazi on them.  You'd better blow the plane out of the sky.  If you didn't, you were probably going to get "Blown up, sir".

Anyone watch this series before?
It's very good. And Netflix has the Nazi stuff covered from a-z. Seen them all as well.
Nazi bastards!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 02:22:25 PM »
Just realized I butchered the hell out of the word kamikaze above.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 03:31:10 PM »

Doesn't matter, its a single use word anyway...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 04:00:32 PM »

I ROR'ed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 04:15:36 PM »
Doesn't matter, its a single use word anyway...

Rim shot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions