No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Being reported that....
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 03:41:46 PM »
Chizik to AU as DC? Wouldn't that be interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 03:53:45 PM »
I bet we could lure Bo Pelini away from his lucrative job at Youngstown St.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 03:55:14 PM »
I say give Rocker the DC gig
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 03:55:53 PM »
Muschamp’s contract with Auburn is such that he can leave after the SEC championship game has ended and not owe Auburn a cent.

Jay Jacobs continues to be an absolute moron.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 04:06:29 PM »
Is that what's being reported?

Because the only report I'm seeing is this one: http://www.wbrc.com/story/30664440/reports-auburn-dc-muschamp-resigns-as-dc-likely-headed-to-south-carolina

Which says that Muschamp has resigned and has not accepted another position yet. In fact, it goes on to say that Rich Rod is interviewing for the USCe job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 04:10:24 PM »
I say give Rocker the DC gig

I sorta agree.  Ask him to be Co-DC along with T-Rob to keep some continuity and the recruiting class together.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 04:11:11 PM »
Is that what's being reported?

Because the only report I'm seeing is this one: http://www.wbrc.com/story/30664440/reports-auburn-dc-muschamp-resigns-as-dc-likely-headed-to-south-carolina

Which says that Muschamp has resigned and has not accepted another position yet. In fact, it goes on to say that Rich Rod is interviewing for the USCe job.

Makes zero sense.  If he waits until Sunday he doesn't owe us a million.  He leaves today, he owes us a million. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 04:25:16 PM »
WarEagleExtra ‏@wareagleextra  · 5m5 minutes ago 
Auburn DC Will Muschamp not bound for South Carolina just yet, hasn't resigned source confirms

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 04:30:10 PM »
I'm really ambivalent. 

Bama fans were shitting their pants with mocking glee when Muschamp was hired. He was a failed coach, would destroy the program from within, his hiring showed pure desperation.

Bama fans are shitting their pants with mocking glee now that it looks like he will leave. He was the only chance our defense had to be competitive. His defection shows how desperate things are at Auburn. Where ever he goes he will be fucking awesome. In fact, if he reunited with Saban that would be the best coaching combination in the country. 

I never really thought he was a long-term thing.  He jumped on the same horse shit expectation rocket most of us did.  Auburn was going to score points. Johnson was going to lead the SEC.  All he had to do was give the defense a slight improvement and he'd be coaching in the playoffs, his Florida experiment would be forgotten and he could sail off into any number of head coaching jobs.  He doesn't want to be a DC, but saw what he thought was an opportunity to spin straw into gold and shake off the tarnish. 

He did his job.  Defense may have been "statistically worse" but other than the LSU game, they limited every opponent to few enough points to win every single time out had Malzahn's dysfunctional offense reached its historical average.  Auburn scores at the clip that every other Gus offense (except 2011) has?  You're looking at a one-loss SEC champ.  And a playoff participant, just like most expected.  Nobody -- not Muschamp, not me, not you -- could have predicted that Johnson would try to suck his own dick and collapse under the lights. 

He was a one-year deal anyway.  I never really thought otherwise. He just thought he'd leave us with a ring and  better off than he found us. And when it went wrong?  He wasn't Gus' guy.  He was the odd man out. 

I just wish we could do this kind of shit without that smug fuck Jacobs getting his grubby pawprints all over it, and without it looking like the motherfucking Keystone Cops. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 04:36:59 PM »
We lose TRob-DC to Muschamp.
Rocker would likely (if offered) take DC at Auburn but we hàve Garner.
I don't think Garner moves and that's a problem. The DC should hire his own guys right? But as d-line coach and Associate Head Coach with commits this presents a problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 04:42:59 PM »
That fucking title sets him up to be our caretaker, our Luke Fickell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 04:58:54 PM »
I'm really ambivalent. 

Bama fans were shitting their pants with mocking glee when Muschamp was hired. He was a failed coach, would destroy the program from within, his hiring showed pure desperation.

Bama fans are shitting their pants with mocking glee now that it looks like he will leave. He was the only chance our defense had to be competitive. His defection shows how desperate things are at Auburn. Where ever he goes he will be fucking awesome. In fact, if he reunited with Saban that would be the best coaching combination in the country. 

I think Bama fans - and others including Auburn fans - recognize that next season is a "put up or get out" year for Malzahn. And it's not going to be an easy finish. @Georgia and @Alabama could easily end the season with two difficult losses to bear. If the team is again going through an identity crisis with a new coordinator on defense, we might have enough losses to call for Gus's head.

That's why they're celebrating. They just know that Auburn has a good shot of being a losing program for the next few years unless Gus somehow gets his offense back on track.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 05:47:28 PM »
Muschamp's contract was through the regular season, provided Auburn didn't make it to the SEC Championship. So, after the Iron Bowl was Auburn's end of the regular season. Muschamp hasn't owed Auburn anything since the clock hit zero last Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 07:11:11 PM »
Muschamp's contract was through the regular season, provided Auburn didn't make it to the SEC Championship. So, after the Iron Bowl was Auburn's end of the regular season. Muschamp hasn't owed Auburn anything since the clock hit zero last Saturday.

Call me old fashioned, but I think Muschamp owes Auburn the work he promised to do in rebuilding the defense. Granted I have no idea what it's like to jump from job to job with millions of dollars being the difference between each salary, but it's always been baffling to me how someone could uproot their family to a new city every year or two like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 10:55:26 PM »
Call me old fashioned, but I think Muschamp owes Auburn the work he promised to do in rebuilding the defense. Granted I have no idea what it's like to jump from job to job with millions of dollars being the difference between each salary, but it's always been baffling to me how someone could uproot their family to a new city every year or two like that.

I completely disagree. He owes us nothing unless his contract says otherwise. I hate to see him go.

Like all of us ...opportunities can provide change under the presumption for the better.  I believe you made a change.  Did you owe your employer something? Where you working to make a difference?  Did you make a move?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 11:04:03 PM »
I completely disagree. He owes us nothing unless his contract says otherwise. I hate to see him go.

Like all of us ...opportunities can provide change under the presumption for the better.  I believe you made a change.  Did you owe your employer something? Where you working to make a difference?  Did you make a move?

Posting while playing beer pong.  You da' man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 07:56:44 AM »
Muschamp is/was just another part of the Bammer conspiracy to destroy Auburn from within.

Believe.

The truth is out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2015, 10:50:01 AM »

Relying on contract specifics - He owed us 5 years. I owed my school 1 year and was re-signed each year. I left at the end of the contract.

Of course he can make a move to something better. I'm not saying he shouldn't. I think I'm more confused by how these coaches - or anyone really - can just jump job to job every year.

Muschamp lived in Auburn, AL from 2006-2007.
Then he lived in Austin, TX from 2008-2011.
Then he lived in Gainesville, FL from 2012-2014.
Then he lived in Auburn, AL in 2015.
Now he's going to live in Columbia, SC?

Is it always that much better? Does being a coordinator just suck? These guys are extremely competitive, so I'm sure it would burn him to feel like settling as a coordinator rather than take a head coaching job.

But as someone with a family, I can't imagine bouncing them around like that every few years. I think that's what I mean by being old fashioned. I see staying at Auburn for a while as a highly paid defensive coordinator as the better option. Security for the family. Extended family is already here. The chance to rebuild a once-proud defense.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 10:52:01 AM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2015, 11:42:29 AM »
Ok people, lets get back to the naming of names for the new DC. CHOP CHOP!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions