Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Puthcher College Round Ball Stuff here

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Puthcher College Round Ball Stuff here
« Reply #260 on: February 12, 2016, 12:47:31 PM »
Pearl has to get the selfish fuckers to play together. So far he's failing.

He failed with Canty if you want to call kicking his ass off the team failing.  Bowers is going to act like a bull in a china shop.  Proved it last year, but Bruce did get him to calm down long enough to make it to the semifinals in the SEC. 

Seriously?  Are you people bitching about Pearl during year number two?  Do you not remember what shitty years Barbee was and what shit tier talent he left us with?  So Bruce took a chance with Canty and it didn't work out once he didn't have to play behind Mason and Harrell. Sometimes players wind up being shit heads for whatever reason.   He got rid of him though. We have 4 seniors and 2 are walkons.  One is Bowers and the other is a bench rider left from the Barbee years.  We have injuries out the ass and have one difference maker that couldn't get his ACT shit cleared in time.  Give the guy a break. 

He had to take what he could get to fill holes when he got here (Bowers, Canty, etc). The young guys have been pretty good so far so we just need to tough it out and get a couple of classes enrolled.  Lets start questioning his coaching ability in year 3. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:53:30 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #261 on: February 12, 2016, 01:17:29 PM »
He failed with Canty if you want to call kicking his ass off the team failing.  Bowers is going to act like a bull in a china shop.  Proved it last year, but Bruce did get him to calm down long enough to make it to the semifinals in the SEC. 

Seriously?  Are you people bitching about Pearl during year number two?  Do you not remember what shitty years Barbee was and what shit tier talent he left us with?  So Bruce took a chance with Canty and it didn't work out once he didn't have to play behind Mason and Harrell. Sometimes players wind up being shit heads for whatever reason.   He got rid of him though. We have 4 seniors and 2 are walkons.  One is Bowers and the other is a bench rider left from the Barbee years.  We have injuries out the ass and have one difference maker that couldn't get his ACT shit cleared in time.  Give the guy a break. 

He had to take what he could get to fill holes when he got here (Bowers, Canty, etc). The young guys have been pretty good so far so we just need to tough it out and get a couple of classes enrolled.  Lets start questioning his coaching ability in year 3.

This.

I will go on record to say that I would give Pearl a lifetime contract. Because if he can't win, then no one will be able to. And at least he is a good ambassador, promoter and can sell tickets...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2016, 09:05:52 AM »
This.

I will go on record to say that I would give Pearl a lifetime contract. Because if he can't win, then no one will be able to. And at least he is a good ambassador, promoter and can sell tickets...
Put me on record too. I like Pearl, he's perfect for Auburn Basketball but he's not the actual "coach" we thought he was.

Auburn needs to keep him forever because he can steal talent and promotes the game. And if that talent wants to play together (already injured or on the mend) it's up to those players.

Shamsid-Deen is the player that we miss the most if for nothing more than knowing his role. He played hard on both ends, especially defense giving up his slight body after balls which is why he's not available. Danjel Purifoy is a team player that works hard when he's on the floor and can eat some minutes. He knows his role as well.

We have some size but it doesn't perform because it doesn't have a chance with Bowers on the floor. So now we are back to square one without legitimate scorer(s) to lessen the number of touches he gets. And Bower's wants to dunk or bomb to the detriment of the team.
Game over. 

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 09:39:06 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #263 on: February 13, 2016, 12:58:06 PM »
If they even whispered about getting rid of Pearl now, it would definitely be the most stupidest decision I have seen in AU athletics. And that's saying a bunch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #264 on: February 13, 2016, 01:16:37 PM »
If they even whispered about getting rid of Pearl now, it would definitely be the most stupidest decision I have seen in AU athletics. And that's saying a bunch.
Exactly! It's hard to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Pearl has had his work cut out for him with what he's had to work with. Better days are ahead for us if our incoming recruiting class holds firm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

jmar

« Reply #265 on: February 14, 2016, 03:16:19 AM »
It could also be true that Barbee could have similar results as Pearl did at Tennessee with like talent. Look at Tubby Smith from '08 to the present.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #266 on: February 14, 2016, 09:41:18 AM »
I have said it before.  We get rid of Bowers, get rid of Canty, (both are cancers and selfish) get Dunnans back healthy, hopefully New Williams knees heal up in the off season so he can go at 100%, with Purifoy, Brown, Lang, Spencer, Reed, Heron, Harper and McLemore and we have a little gas to cook with.
:awesome:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #267 on: February 17, 2016, 09:38:03 AM »
Watched almost the entire Iowa State/Baylor game last night.  Couldn't stop watching despite Baylor's neon yellow threads.  I think it ended like 100-91 in 1 OT.  These two teams are so well coached and skilled, at least on offense anyway.  Both complete teams inside and out.  And yes, it made me weep for Auburn basketball.  Even with all our guys healthy and not being assholes, we're light years away from that level.

I could see either of these teams making a run deep into the tourney.  But then again, the Big 12 is F'n loaded.  I believe Baylor's final 6 games include 5 against top 25 teams. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #268 on: February 17, 2016, 11:15:52 AM »
Watched almost the entire Iowa State/Baylor game last night.  Couldn't stop watching despite Baylor's neon yellow threads.  I think it ended like 100-91 in 1 OT.  These two teams are so well coached and skilled, at least on offense anyway.  Both complete teams inside and out.  And yes, it made me weep for Auburn basketball.  Even with all our guys healthy and not being assholes, we're light years away from that level.

How do you know? Pearl hasn't had a full roster available since he has been here. Do you see the "talent" that is on the floor? It looks like a game at the YMCA. There is no one worth a shit that is playing for us. Bowers is the fucking point guard...BOWERS. If that doesn't tell you something, I don't know what does...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #269 on: February 17, 2016, 12:43:52 PM »

I could see either of these teams making a run deep into the tourney.  But then again, the Big 12 is F'n loaded.  I believe Baylor's final 6 games include 5 against top 25 teams.

What WEK!!! said, Pearl for Life if he can't turn our program around, shut the bitch down, give the Basketball Arena to the Jehovah Witnesses and funnel all money to ex-Football Coaches Contracts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #270 on: February 17, 2016, 04:30:47 PM »

What WEK!!! said, Pearl for Life if he can't turn our program around, shut the bitch down, give the Basketball Arena to the Jehovah Witnesses and funnel all money to ex-Football Coaches Contracts.

Thirded.

If this guy can't fix it, that shit is broke beyond repair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #271 on: February 17, 2016, 04:53:56 PM »
Thirded.

If this guy can't fix it, that shit is broke beyond repair.

Fourded. 

But I say turn it into an Equestrian Events Center.   #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2016, 07:18:40 PM »
Fourded. 

But I say turn it into an Equestrian Events Center.   #winning
Fifthded, with the caveat that horses stay outside. Cooped up equine can exude a most malodorous air.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #273 on: February 17, 2016, 07:27:09 PM »
Fifthded, with the caveat that horses stay outside. Cooped up equine can exude a most malodorous air.

Oooohh Mahoney
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #274 on: February 17, 2016, 07:44:34 PM »
Oooohh Mahoney
My library is filled with many leather bound books.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #275 on: February 17, 2016, 09:13:19 PM »
Auburn beat Arkansas tonight 90-86 in Fayetteville.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #276 on: February 17, 2016, 10:01:43 PM »
Auburn beat Arkansas tonight 90-86 in Fayetteville.
Survived the 40 minutes of mildly uncomfortable?  That's a big win!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #277 on: February 18, 2016, 12:33:50 AM »
BBQ for erybody!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #278 on: February 18, 2016, 09:20:33 AM »
We back baby!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #279 on: February 18, 2016, 09:24:21 AM »
After being down just about the entire game, they used a strong second half to finally take the lead and hold it at the end.  I would have never believed they could pull this off.  And especially on the road.  Color me shocked.  Come on, show of hands....who really saw Lehigh beating Navy last night?

I know I didn't.

Put that on top of an Auburn win and Duke over the cheating ass Tarheels....pretty good night.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 09:28:37 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions