Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The next, next great thing?

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
The next, next great thing?
« on: November 04, 2015, 04:39:35 PM »
http://collegespun.com/sec/auburn-sec/report-former-florida-state-quarterback-john-franklin-iii-planning-transfer-to-auburn

Report: Former Florida State Quarterback John Franklin III Planning Transfer To Auburn
Andrew Holleran

Former Florida State quarterback John Franklin III is planning to transfer to Auburn, according to ESPN’s Joe Schad.

Franklin, a three-star prospect in the 2013 class, announced he was transferring from FSU in the spring. He spent the past season at East Mississippi Community College.

Schad says he plans on announcing the news today.

Franklin spent the majority of his time at Florida State as a backup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: The next, next great thing?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 04:52:05 PM »
Maybe he can catch the ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 04:57:58 PM »
How's his complexion?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 05:16:44 PM »
He'll get moved to WR, alongside all the other Dual Threat QBs with small hands.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 05:30:45 PM »
How's his complexion?

Let's just say Proactiv is not beating down his door.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 05:37:51 PM »
Another nice "Fuck You" to Sean White doing everything he's being asked to do and exceeding expectations...

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 05:42:46 PM »
Another nice "Fuck You" to Sean White doing everything he's being asked to do and exceeding expectations...

Sean has nothing to worry about with this guy, he'll get moved to WR. Now, if we signed JUCO QB Jerod Evans...then yeah, Sean might want to transfer, b/c Evans is a freakin badass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 06:01:19 PM »
I take that back, this kid supposedly has a cannon for a arm and can run very fast (4.38 40, 6.82 in the 60m, sub 11 in the 100m, All-ACC track & field team)...his only problem was accuracy coming out of High School and he was coached by Coach Fisher & Coach Craig at FSU, so that should give him a leg up in dismissing whatever Coach Malzahn and Lashlee try to teach him.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:42:18 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 06:05:43 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 08:01:13 PM »

I'm not sure he is exceeding expectations. Everything he has participated in since high school, he has excelled. I can see him taking us places if we can get guys that can catch the damn ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 10:47:49 PM »
I'm not sure he is exceeding expectations. Everything he has participated in since high school, he has excelled. I can see him taking us places if we can get guys that can catch the damn ball.
Like I've said before, Coach Malzahn does better with a true dual threat QB. JF3 might be the man at QB next year. If that's the case what do you think Sean White should do?

Keep in mind, Auburn also has a incoming freshman in Dual Threat Elite 11 QB Woody Barrett (6'2" 225lbs 4.6 40) that has ran the Zone Read all throughout his high school career.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:49:03 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 07:05:38 AM »
Like I've said before, Coach Malzahn does better with a true dual threat QB. JF3 might be the man at QB next year. If that's the case what do you think Sean White should do?

Keep in mind, Auburn also has a incoming freshman in Dual Threat Elite 11 QB Woody Barrett (6'2" 225lbs 4.6 40) that has ran the Zone Read all throughout his high school career.

Apparently, we are still in the hunt for a tight end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 08:11:17 AM »
Apparently, we are still in the hunt for a tight end.
Not sure why, we never use the ones we have. If I was a high ranked TE, or any TE that has NFL aspirations, I wouldn't even look at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 08:38:10 AM »

I just feel for Sean.

Why was he recruited? Why are we wasting his time? Guy is a solid QB. Has all the tools and intangibles. And it seems we are throwing in the towel on him before he has even been given a shot to be great. If only he was given half the opportunity of golden boy  Mr INT Triple Coverage Yips.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 09:28:31 AM »
I've heard the question numerous times in recent days. What does this mean for Sean?  I don't think it means squat for Sean and I don't think we need to look at it as if it does.  Look, there's about 130 D1 teams and every single one of them would sign a stud QB...or two, every single year if they could.  3 years ago, Georgia had four 5-star QB's on their roster.  The only question the last few years at Bama was which 5-star QB is going to win the job?

Last week, Sean White was a game time decision.  He's still questionable this week. If he can't go at any point this season, our back ups are a functional retard who has thrown 547 interceptions in 3 games....and a back up WR who played QB a few games 3 years ago.  You can never be too deep at QB. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 09:31:24 AM »
I just feel for Sean.

Why was he recruited? Why are we wasting his time? Guy is a solid QB. Has all the tools and intangibles. And it seems we are throwing in the towel on him before he has even been given a shot to be great. If only he was given half the opportunity of golden boy  Mr INT Triple Coverage Yips.

And why did we sign Queen!

If SW is NOT the QB next season, I'm in line to consider a total philosophy change.

If you can't coach a normal QB, why the hell would you sign one! Or TWO!

Just put Tubs in and wait for another QB/ATHLETE to save the program!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 09:53:14 AM »
I've heard the question numerous times in recent days. What does this mean for Sean?  I don't think it means squat for Sean and I don't think we need to look at it as if it does.  Look, there's about 130 D1 teams and every single one of them would sign a stud QB...or two, every single year if they could.  3 years ago, Georgia had four 5-star QB's on their roster.  The only question the last few years at Bama was which 5-star QB is going to win the job?

Last week, Sean White was a game time decision.  He's still questionable this week. If he can't go at any point this season, our back ups are a functional retard who has thrown 547 interceptions in 3 games....and a back up WR who played QB a few games 3 years ago.  You can never be too deep at QB.

Exactly.

You nancies need to simmer down. If Sean White is the best QB, he will play. If he's not. He won't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 09:53:59 AM »

I thought one was called back because of a defense hold?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 09:55:48 AM »

I thought one was called back because of a defense hold?

Oh, you're right. I forgot about that one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 10:09:44 AM »

I think the difference here, given our past, is that they go out and get a JUCO guy. If they had signed several guys and had them compete and one of them came out the winner, then I'm good. If your starter has to fight it out every year, it doesn't allow time for mental comfort. And a QB has to have time be comfortable to grow. (most of the time)

I guess Spurrious showed it can be done. But I'm not sure it makes for good team atmosphere.

The fact that we seem to look at JUCO for our QBs is starting to tell a tale. If I were a 5 star QB, I wold think twice about signing here. (If we go this route again)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions