Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A big win tonight?

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
A big win tonight?
« on: October 15, 2015, 09:33:29 AM »
A big win against Kentucky? Doesn't sound right in foosball but it is what it is. It would be a big win for us right now. On the road, Thur night ESPN game, first conference win....yadda, yadda.

But more importantly, it could be the reset button. I really think it could be a turning point....IF we come out and play like we expected on offense. I expect JJ to start. Regardless, the IF is big. Doesn't matter who starts, we got to score points.

So, imo, we'll know in the first half what to expect the rest of the season. If we come out on fire and look improved on both sides, we can beat anyone left on the schedule. Tall order but possible.

If we stalemate with an improved Ky team and maybe have to eek out a win--a bowl game is the best we can hope for. Meaning, not much hope of wins against our biggest rivals.

I think we're finally going to get some pass rush tonight with the two freshmen in at DT rotation and Cass at DE. If we get that going, it'll help our d out a lot. Run stop is a bigger problem but I like the tinkering Muschamp is doing. I'm not his biggest fan but I admire the way he isn't afraid to try things instead of just keeping the same guys in there the whole season. Honestly, like many I've been a little
http://www.tigersx.com/forum/Smileys/default/tubs_facepalm.png about everything.

I'm looking for positives tonight. If we win convincingly, I'll be reenergized.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: A big win tonight?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 09:53:17 AM »
We're still shitty.

But in all srsness.  They've had almost 2 weeks to get healthy, kick a starter off and get some things worked out.  I just want to see some fire. I want to see some things that tell me they understand it's now or never.  The schedule is brutal from here on out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 09:55:47 AM »
I just watch to see what happens next.

And beer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 09:58:01 AM »
We're still shitty.

But in all srsness.  They've had almost 2 weeks to get healthy, kick a starter off and get some things worked out.  I just want to see some fire. I want to see some things that tell me they understand it's now or never.  The schedule is brutal from here on out.

This is where I am at. Yes, I would like to see AU come out with a +14 win at least but the score is not so much important to me as seeing some damn fire from the players. I would love to see a defensive unit that is pissed the hell off and bringing the pain to the Mildcats. I would love to also see an AU offense rolling like a smooth oiled machine relentless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 09:59:37 AM »
Same team, same coaching staff= same results. (hope I am wrong.)

I am playing golf till dark so most likely catch the second half.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 09:59:52 AM »
I want to see if Duke was really the cancer that was keeping this team from developing any kind of chemistry.  This morning on the OD, they were asking who is going to step up now that Duke is gone.  Is it really that much to ask of somebody to half ass it on the field and miss important blocks?  Hell I can step up to those lofty expectations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 10:01:35 AM »
I want to see if Duke was really the cancer that was keeping this team from developing any kind of chemistry.  This morning on the OD, they were asking who is going to step up now that Duke is gone.  Is it really that much to ask of somebody to half ass it on the field and miss important blocks?  Hell I can step up to those lofty expectations.

We threw ten passes the last game. Its not like there is a lot of stepping up to do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 10:05:34 AM »
I want to see some things that tell me they understand it's now or never. 
That's a very good point. I think Gus should play "It's Now or Never" continuously for the team up until kickoff. The Elvis version will get our boys pumped up.

And then, right before we go out onto the field, blast a little "Danke Schoen" by Wayne Newton and they'll be ready to eat some Wildcat stew! War Eagle guys!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 10:16:25 AM »
WOTS Carl Lawson made the trip to Kentucky, without crutches.  (Let's all bow our heads and say a prayer)

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 10:20:05 AM »
I think you are going to see a team play some passion ball tonight (not sure which one hoping its, los tigres)

Seriously though I gotta feeling, that tonights going to be a good night.  Yes, tonight's going to be a good good night!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 10:23:48 AM »
I think you are going to see a team play some passion ball tonight (not sure which one hoping its, los tigres)

Seriously though I gotta feeling, that tonights going to be a good night.  Yes, tonight's going to be a good good night!

You'd better be right or we are all blaming you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 10:30:03 AM »
We threw ten passes the last game. Its not like there is a lot of stepping up to do.

Yeah, that's why I thought it was a dumb ass question for them to be asking. 

Please oh please let Carl Lawson suit up and play tonight!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 10:30:49 AM »
And beer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 10:54:20 AM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 10:57:25 AM »
And beer.

3 tall ones for nine (two more in fridge when I get home)  so if the worst is happening when I get home the gut punch will be less.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2015, 11:02:08 AM »

3 tall ones for nine (two more in fridge when I get home)  so if the worst is happening when I get home the gut punch will be less.

Why is your wife gonna beat your ass when you get home?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 11:51:44 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 12:11:44 PM »

Why is your wife gonna beat your ass when you get home?

Worst things could happen, like losing bad to Kentucky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 12:36:29 PM »
I think we lose. In fact, I'm almost certain of it.

Kentucky may still be Kentucky, but if they want to climb out of that label of being just a basketball school, they have to win tonight. The SEC East is wide open after Grier's suspension. I think Florida loses to LSU and a loss to Georgia is a real possibility. With Georgia being down and Tennessee still being down, Kentucky has the opportunity to play for the SECCG. They can really kickstart that journey with a victory tonight against Auburn.

Auburn is playing for what? To see if they've found a starting quarterback for the season? To see if the defense can stop teams from converting every 3rd down? To improve on our 208 rushing yards given up per game?

Kentucky may be as much of a shit football team as Auburn, but they have a whole lot more to play for tonight. I'm not going to be surprised if that stadium is hyped and the Wildcats come out swinging early against us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 12:43:36 PM »
This staff has had almost 2 weeks to get this team energized and pointed in a different direction.  I'm interested to see what kind of job they've done. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."