Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A big win tonight?

jmar

Re: A big win tonight?
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2015, 08:11:14 AM »
So, anyone else thinking that Auburn can pull the upset or is Arkansas' power run game a bit to much for our front seven? l do believe we'll see that elusive passing TD by Sean White Saturday. IMO, this team looks different than they did a few weeks ago against MSU, did Duke's negativity and rift that he and Jeremy Johnson had have that much affect on the whole team? Because even though we lost against MSU, with White at QB it looked like the team was playing somewhat better. Then the following week, against a San Jose a team that would've beaten us with the way things were looking, Auburn looked a little better and came away with a W. The Kentucky win was big, not kidding, I had Auburn losing that one even after seeing them get a little bit better the weeks before. I'm starting to think Gus took over play calling in the first half, then handed the duties over to Lashlee in the second half...whatever it was, the first half team can beat a few more teams on the schedule aside from Idaho. I'm calling for the upset this weekend, Auburn wins by 10.
I'm with you.
I'm calling for a Frost/Fatboy sideline collision in addition to the win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2015, 09:03:02 AM »
So, anyone else thinking that Auburn can pull the upset or is Arkansas' power run game a bit to much for our front seven? l do believe we'll see that elusive passing TD by Sean White Saturday. IMO, this team looks different than they did a few weeks ago against MSU, did Duke's negativity and rift that he and Jeremy Johnson had have that much affect on the whole team? Because even though we lost against MSU, with White at QB it looked like the team was playing somewhat better. Then the following week, against a San Jose a team that would've beaten us with the way things were looking, Auburn looked a little better and came away with a W. The Kentucky win was big, not kidding, I had Auburn losing that one even after seeing them get a little bit better the weeks before. I'm starting to think Gus took over play calling in the first half, then handed the duties over to Lashlee in the second half...whatever it was, the first half team can beat a few more teams on the schedule aside from Idaho. I'm calling for the upset this weekend, Auburn wins by 10.

Ive "heard" from a few folks, that much of the coaching staff does not like Lashlee and that he walks around like an arrogant shithead. TIFWIW. And weve seen in his interviews how delusional he's been about Jeremy.

And yes, I think you are right. If you watch the sideline, there is a clear contrast in plays being called. Gus was heavily involved in the first half. Words coming out of his mouth while looking at the QB, doing the crazy rituals and hand signals, the hurryup thing he does with his hands....just real animated. I noticed it was more Lashlee doing that in the second half, and Gus was moreless with arms folded just pacing at times.

If all this is remotely true, than it may be time for Rhett to look for a new job and for Gus to go all Spurrier and Saban in calling his side of the ball's plays full time.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 09:04:37 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2015, 09:20:12 AM »
Agree. There appears to be a definitive difference in the play calling and I think the two halves of the ky game were a prime example. A book full of plays is not as important as knowing when and where to call them.

I hadn't heard what GH said about Lash but it doesn't surprise me. I actually expected some of that when DC came on as co-OC.

Gus needs to take the reins on calling plays and hand off some other duties. If the underlings can't handle those other duties, then find someone who can. Calling plays is what he has typically done best, imo.

I'm going with a win but I don't like our chances of slowing them down much. We'll have to get some turnovers/stops on defense and they appear to be LSUesque, so that's a tough one. We aren't physical enough on D to be able to slow them down but hopefully we attack enough to get a few stops and turnovers. That's more important right now.

I don't see us winning by 10 if we do get one. Any mistakes we make on O are more costly, since we won't likely be able to stop them from making long, clock grinding drives. So, no turnovers on O is crucial. And scoring about 40 points.

Every game is big but in order to enhance our bowl game chances-- HUGE.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2015, 09:21:19 AM »
If all this is remotely true, than it may be time for Rhett to look for a new job and for Gus to go all Spurrier and Saban in calling his side of the ball's plays full time.

I had mentioned this in some other thread around here. While I do think Gus likes Lashlee a lot and the young buck has been with Gus for a damn long time. I am betting Lashlee finds an OC on some lower tier college or even a HS head coaching job for next season. I dont think Gus would let this happen in a negative light neither.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2015, 09:28:01 AM »
I'm not saying anyone is wrong or right.  I do find it curious that when we are underperforming rumors suddenly come out about a coach that were never there before.

and if Lashlee is walking around with an air of superiority it is probably due to his wife.  seriously...#laylakiffinwho.

I don't think it's Lashlee's fault.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2015, 09:31:44 AM »
I'm not saying anyone is wrong or right.  I do find it curious that when we are underperforming rumors suddenly come out about a coach that were never there before.

and if Lashlee is walking around with an air of superiority it is probably due to his wife.  seriously...#laylakiffinwho.

I don't think it's Lashlee's fault.

:pics:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2015, 09:33:47 AM »
Agree. There appears to be a definitive difference in the play calling and I think the two halves of the ky game were a prime example. A book full of plays is not as important as knowing when and where to call them.

I hadn't heard what GH said about Lash but it doesn't surprise me. I actually expected some of that when DC came on as co-OC.

Gus needs to take the reins on calling plays and hand off some other duties. If the underlings can't handle those other duties, then find someone who can. Calling plays is what he has typically done best, imo.

I'm going with a win but I don't like our chances of slowing them down much. We'll have to get some turnovers/stops on defense and they appear to be LSUesque, so that's a tough one. We aren't physical enough on D to be able to slow them down but hopefully we attack enough to get a few stops and turnovers. That's more important right now.

I don't see us winning by 10 if we do get one. Any mistakes we make on O are more costly, since we won't likely be able to stop them from making long, clock grinding drives. So, no turnovers on O is crucial. And scoring about 40 points.

Every game is big but in order to enhance our bowl game chances-- HUGE.

DC and T Rob are the two coaches names who come up who aren't exactly fans of teh Rhett.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2015, 10:31:26 AM »
TRob's boys are showing some improvement.

And White and the offense will get better with more short/intermediate secondary options to the deep ball and less slow developing runs that put us in 2nd/3rd and long situations. Moves the chains-helps the defense stay off the field longer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions