Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Could The Problem Be As Simple As....

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Could The Problem Be As Simple As....
« on: October 05, 2015, 03:58:45 PM »
changing our strength corch?  Probably not.  He hasn't thrown any interceptions so far to my knowledge.  And I don't think he's calling any of the plays either.  But one common theme to this season in the first 5 games is that we're getting our tails whipped on both sides of the line.  Wait, that was the case most all of last year too.  LSU wasn't just Fournette.  Those ESPN highlight plays where he made kitty litter of our DB's happened where?  Yep, all in the secondary.  He didn't run over Montravelosity or Dontavious or J'auntavious or Latrondavious at the line.  Nope, they all had 320 pound linemen sitting on them, giving them noogies and wedgies. 

Who here either said out loud or at least thought to themselves more than 5 times against both Division 5 JSU and Air Force's bitch, SJS...."Damn, we are getting our shit pushed in on the line"?   :meme:

That training video just before the season was impressive.  And I'll be the first to say that I guarantee there's not a better "conditioned" team in the country.  But going fast from set to set to set doesn't help you when some monster who squats 600 and bench presses school busses is lined up across from you.  Plyometrics and Crossfit and Yoga and Pilates aren't something you can use to push the center back into the backfield and disrupt a play.  And I doubt that time after time after time, they're giving up 6-7-8 yards a running play because of taking the wrong angles and gaps and mesh points and any other dumbass football term you can use.  Day gettin' day fanny whipped in da' trenches....both sides.

Part of me understands the play calling Saturday.  We could do just enough running the ball to keep our distance from them.  Why drop Sean back to throw when the only way we can keep them off of him is for Shon Holdman to get flagged for another 15?  We recruited Braden Smith because he could bench press a building, then promptly dropped 15-20 pounds off the man.

No, I'm not saying this would cure all our ills.  There's certainly more to it than that.  But wouldn't it be nice to know that Slippery Rock wasn't going to come in JHS and big boy us?   
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 04:01:30 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Could The Problem Be As Simple As....
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 04:07:51 PM »
Tubs recruited small fast LB's. 

It could be an issue, but I don't think it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 04:12:47 PM »
Tubs recruited small fast LB's. 

It could be an issue, but I don't think it is.

He also had a Yoxall.  Now granted, Yoxall wasn't totally about massive strength.  Went to a couple of his seminars. But I'm pretty sure his philosophy was far more geared to strength than is stressed in this program.  Fine to have smaller, faster LB's when you have guys like Demarco McNeil or Tommy Jackson or Spenser Johnson or Jeremy Ratliff beating people up on the interior.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 04:22:18 PM »
He also had a Yoxall.  Now granted, Yoxall wasn't totally about massive strength.  Went to a couple of his seminars. But I'm pretty sure his philosophy was far more geared to strength than is stressed in this program.  Fine to have smaller, faster LB's when you have guys like Demarco McNeil or Tommy Jackson or Spenser Johnson or Jeremy Ratliff beating people up on the interior.
Chizik had Yoxall too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 04:42:34 PM »
changing our strength corch?  Probably not.  He hasn't thrown any interceptions so far to my knowledge.  And I don't think he's calling any of the plays either.  But one common theme to this season in the first 5 games is that we're getting our tails whipped on both sides of the line.  Wait, that was the case most all of last year too.  LSU wasn't just Fournette.  Those ESPN highlight plays where he made kitty litter of our DB's happened where?  Yep, all in the secondary.  He didn't run over Montravelosity or Dontavious or J'auntavious or Latrondavious at the line.  Nope, they all had 320 pound linemen sitting on them, giving them noogies and wedgies. 

Who here either said out loud or at least thought to themselves more than 5 times against both Division 5 JSU and Air Force's bitch, SJS...."Damn, we are getting our shit pushed in on the line"?   :meme:

That training video just before the season was impressive.  And I'll be the first to say that I guarantee there's not a better "conditioned" team in the country.  But going fast from set to set to set doesn't help you when some monster who squats 600 and bench presses school busses is lined up across from you.  Plyometrics and Crossfit and Yoga and Pilates aren't something you can use to push the center back into the backfield and disrupt a play.  And I doubt that time after time after time, they're giving up 6-7-8 yards a running play because of taking the wrong angles and gaps and mesh points and any other dumbass football term you can use.  Day gettin' day fanny whipped in da' trenches....both sides.

Part of me understands the play calling Saturday.  We could do just enough running the ball to keep our distance from them.  Why drop Sean back to throw when the only way we can keep them off of him is for Shon Holdman to get flagged for another 15?  We recruited Braden Smith because he could bench press a building, then promptly dropped 15-20 pounds off the man.

No, I'm not saying this would cure all our ills.  There's certainly more to it than that.  But wouldn't it be nice to know that Slippery Rock wasn't going to come in JHS and big boy us?
Our tackles will make an NFL roster as ends bc they are playing out of position. If we had three legit tackles that could tie up the middle and could work Swain into something we would have the greatest rotation of ends ever assembled on a football field. We don't have tackles and that is on Malzahn.

Muschamp is trying to work with aggressive ends that won't fill the role of space eaters. They hate that shit.
Makes our LB play look ever shoddier bc they are giving chase all over the field and the nexus as to why our linebacker's don't lead in tackles. We have talent...we just don't have any big inside guys to do what we could do. I don't want a fucking kicker, punter or longsnapper offered a gd thing ahead of inside beef.
We can't beat teams without big powerful tackles and we have none.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 04:44:13 PM »
Two words.......Tony Horton!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 04:48:00 PM »
Two words.......Tony Horton!
We need Izzy Mandlebaum.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 04:50:48 PM »
We need Izzy Mandlebaum.

You think you're the world's greatest Dad?  It's GO TIME!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 04:52:17 PM »
Chizik had Yoxall too.

Championship, bitch!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 04:53:58 PM »
You think you're the world's greatest Dad?  It's GO TIME!
Mandlebaum! Mandlebaum! Mandlebaum!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 05:10:08 PM »
We need Izzy Mandlebaum.

PPPPPFffffffffttttttt.....Tony would bring in his assistant Pam The Blam and make the team "BRING IT" all day everyday!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

jmar

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 05:19:05 PM »
The way to get more out of the biguns is though their stomaches. Uncle Miltie needs to buy some serious meat and let these boys EAT when they perform well.
Fuck a crabclaw!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 07:29:27 PM »
Remember last year when our special teams sucked and people were wanting to fire Fountain? I've seen Jack Crowe tweeting a lot over the last 2 weeks about leadership in the locker room and I think that's what it all boils down too. The reason we are struggling in the trenches isn't becauswour guys aren't strong enough or big enough. Its because every couple of plays you have a guy doing the wrong thing and its fucking it all up. I've seen Braden Smith take MSU's DT and push the motherfucker 10 yards down the field, into the endzone, and pancake him. I've also seen Monty split a double team and almost take the handoff. Hell Cowart did the same thing last Saturday. However we also line up wrong alot on D and get out flanked. We have no defensive or offensive leader right now and it shows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 10:05:46 PM »
Remember last year when our special teams sucked and people were wanting to fire Fountain? I've seen Jack Crowe tweeting a lot over the last 2 weeks about leadership in the locker room and I think that's what it all boils down too. The reason we are struggling in the trenches isn't becauswour guys aren't strong enough or big enough. Its because every couple of plays you have a guy doing the wrong thing and its fucking it all up. I've seen Braden Smith take MSU's DT and push the motherfucker 10 yards down the field, into the endzone, and pancake him. I've also seen Monty split a double team and almost take the handoff. Hell Cowart did the same thing last Saturday. However we also line up wrong alot on D and get out flanked. We have no defensive or offensive leader right now and it shows.

I get that and I can't disagree about leadership.  But CONSISTENTLY getting blown off the ball by Jacksonville Fucking State and San JuanDiegoFrancisco State...over and over and over again...is not a leadership or alignment problem.  LSU Buried our asses.  Buried us.  And on the offensive side of the ball, when 234 rushing yards 5 games into the season is your best, by far, when two of your opponents are those named above....somebody needs to quit training fast and decide to man up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 04:04:40 AM »
I get that and I can't disagree about leadership.  But CONSISTENTLY getting blown off the ball by Jacksonville Fucking State and San JuanDiegoFrancisco State...over and over and over again...is not a leadership or alignment problem.  LSU Buried our asses.  Buried us.  And on the offensive side of the ball, when 234 rushing yards 5 games into the season is your best, by far, when two of your opponents are those named above....somebody needs to quit training fast and decide to man up.
Nick Fairley wasn't a workout champ.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 06:33:08 AM »
Nick Fairley wasn't a workout champ.

That's because size matters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 08:19:54 AM »
Actually it is. How many times has Boom talked about a lack of communication between LBers? When you have 3 guys lined up on the weakside of the center and 1 DL on the strong side, you are going to get your shit pushed in. Don't matter how good you are when you are out of position before the ball is snapped. Same with the Oline. All it takes is one guy busting an assignment on the Oline to blow a play up. 2012 and 2013 are prime examples of what having leadership and not having leadership can do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 08:59:02 AM »
But CONSISTENTLY getting blown off the ball by Jacksonville Fucking State and San JuanDiegoFrancisco State...

Did you not see all of the Samoans?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 09:02:22 AM »
Did you not see all of the Samoans?

Just glad they werent tongans. Whole team of those guys would almost certainly ensure a championship.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 09:45:53 AM »
Actually it is. How many times has Boom talked about a lack of communication between LBers? When you have 3 guys lined up on the weakside of the center and 1 DL on the strong side, you are going to get your shit pushed in. Don't matter how good you are when you are out of position before the ball is snapped. Same with the Oline. All it takes is one guy busting an assignment on the Oline to blow a play up. 2012 and 2013 are prime examples of what having leadership and not having leadership can do.

So, each and every team we play from powerhouses like JSU to San Quentin State are blowing us off the ball time after time after time.....after time....because we're not lined up right?  On 90% of the pass plays, we're stalemated at the line with virtually nobody able to beat the man in front of them because we lack leadership?

Damn it guys, that was a 12 play drive and they ran it right up the gut every play.  What the hell was that?

Sorry Coach.  But nobody told us where to line up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions