Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Could The Problem Be As Simple As....

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: Could The Problem Be As Simple As....
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 09:50:09 AM »
So, each and every team we play from powerhouses like JSU to San Quentin State are blowing us off the ball time after time after time.....after time....because we're not lined up right?  On 90% of the pass plays, we're stalemated at the line with virtually nobody able to beat the man in front of them because we lack leadership?

Damn it guys, that was a 12 play drive and they ran it right up the gut every play.  What the hell was that?

Sorry Coach.  But nobody told us where to line up.

That's why I was so pissed on Saturday.  A Sun Belt (or whatever little conference) team manhandled our D-line.  At one point in the game their RB had an average of over 9 yards per carry.  I know he's a good back, but come on.  That is the shit that really has me worried, and not expecting a bowl game this year. 

UGA is going to do nothing but feed it to Chubb, and the turds are just going to feed it to Henry.  Those two games are going to be ugly for us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 09:59:48 PM »
Bump Biddy Bump Ba Dump Bump Bump.

So, I'm clicking through some strength & training videos on the U-Toobs, looking for Auburn stuff.  I mistakenly click on an Ole Miss 2015 training video and the very first thing on the clip...is a guy squatting heavy weight.  I eventually saw a clip of Ryan Russell explaining his philosophy heading into the 2014 season.  The interviewer asked him about what incoming freshman should expect.  And what I heard was....BINGO...exactly what I been talking about.

He said a new guy will NOT bench at all.  He needs to get used to going fast and doing exercises that put him through the full range of motion.  Look, this is not a fire Gus take.  This is coming from someone who now despises rumors and conjecture.  I hope Gus and all the coaches turn it around and kick ass.  But how many times have you heard the shit about how defenses will catch up to his gimmicky, high school offense?  It has nothing to do with that.  They've caught up to guys in the trenches that don't live on the squat rack.  That aren't bench pressing busses.  We're weak as hell in the front 7 on D and we blow no one off the ball on O.  Why...?

Wait...let me ask some guys who have some knowledge of what the inside of a weight room looks like.  Buzz...simp...Jumbo...Prowlie...anyone else......do you get massive leg strength by going fast in the weight room?  Set to set to set?  Do you get the ability to raise up and push back a 315 pound man in front of you by doing plyometrics and yoga?  You know damn well you don't.

Go back and read anything on our strength and training program from the day Gus got here.  It's all about fast, fast, fast.  Set to set to set.  This is NOT acceptable for the guys in the trenches. No way, shape, form or fashion.  You can get extra conditioning to go "fast" in the game.  But if you can't take a bar full of weight and explode through it....you will get beat over and over and over.  Because the 315 pound guy in front of you can squat 600 for reps, while you can squat down on one leg and hold a 50 pound dumbbell over your head for 20 seconds....and then quickly move to another set.

That's Malzahn's philosophy.  We can bitch about Jeremy and play calling and not being in the right sets and God knows what.  We're weak in the trenches.  Always will be.  Nothing will get totally fixed until that changes.  We may become more competitive.  We will NEVER compete for the West until this philosophy changes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2015, 10:37:19 PM »
Bump Biddy Bump Ba Dump Bump Bump.

So, I'm clicking through some strength & training videos on the U-Toobs, looking for Auburn stuff.  I mistakenly click on an Ole Miss 2015 training video and the very first thing on the clip...is a guy squatting heavy weight.  I eventually saw a clip of Ryan Russell explaining his philosophy heading into the 2014 season.  The interviewer asked him about what incoming freshman should expect.  And what I heard was....BINGO...exactly what I been talking about.

He said a new guy will NOT bench at all.  He needs to get used to going fast and doing exercises that put him through the full range of motion.  Look, this is not a fire Gus take.  This is coming from someone who now despises rumors and conjecture.  I hope Gus and all the coaches turn it around and kick ass.  But how many times have you heard the shit about how defenses will catch up to his gimmicky, high school offense?  It has nothing to do with that.  They've caught up to guys in the trenches that don't live on the squat rack.  That aren't bench pressing busses.  We're weak as hell in the front 7 on D and we blow no one off the ball on O.  Why...?

Wait...let me ask some guys who have some knowledge of what the inside of a weight room looks like.  Buzz...simp...Jumbo...Prowlie...anyone else......do you get massive leg strength by going fast in the weight room?  Set to set to set?  Do you get the ability to raise up and push back a 315 pound man in front of you by doing plyometrics and yoga?  You know damn well you don't.

Go back and read anything on our strength and training program from the day Gus got here.  It's all about fast, fast, fast.  Set to set to set.  This is NOT acceptable for the guys in the trenches. No way, shape, form or fashion.  You can get extra conditioning to go "fast" in the game.  But if you can't take a bar full of weight and explode through it....you will get beat over and over and over.  Because the 315 pound guy in front of you can squat 600 for reps, while you can squat down on one leg and hold a 50 pound dumbbell over your head for 20 seconds....and then quickly move to another set.

That's Malzahn's philosophy.  We can bitch about Jeremy and play calling and not being in the right sets and God knows what.  We're weak in the trenches.  Always will be.  Nothing will get totally fixed until that changes.  We may become more competitive.  We will NEVER compete for the West until this philosophy changes.
We won the SEC Championship and was less than 2 minutes away from winning the National Championship under this philosophy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 06:05:53 AM »
Uh huh.  And what's happened since then?  It's also caught up to us.  Weight training and building muscle takes time.  3 years off the squat rack and...

As I said, this is simple. It's foosballz 101.  You win the war in the trenches, you win the ball game.  You get pushed the fuck around by San Jose State, you get embarrassed.  We haven't whipped a team up front in almost a year.  Either side of the ball. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 07:05:03 AM »
You ever seen someone say something ignernt and be proven wrong but then just keep on sticking with the ignorance and digging a deeper hole?

Sad to watch if it weren't so entertaining.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2015, 08:10:51 AM »
I kinda see your point, but you're using bro science whereas our S&C coach is probably using actual science.

We won the 2010 NC in Yox's strength program. Granted, we looked pretty damn weak in 2012, which was also Yox. But an argument - I guess - could be made that 2013's players were still built by Yox and 2015's players have been built by Russell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2015, 08:19:09 AM »
Funny story - Bo and Herschel outphysical'ed everyone they came in contact with under this philosophy. Im almost certain both barely touched weights. If the issue were an across the board kind of thing, Adams and Lawson wouldnt have their moments while everyone sucked donkey balls. Honestly, I think were reaching for shit trying to find out what the issue is. Most of your dominant linemen in the NFL probably arent the biggest weight room animals as far as numbers go. Case in point - Demarcus Ware had a more dominant career than Freeney or Kearse. Does anyone really think Fairley was that much more of a squat freak than Adams? Technique technique technique, and mental drive.....if Reggie White only taught us one thing. Same with David Pollack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2015, 08:20:58 AM »
Uh huh.  And what's happened since then?  It's also caught up to us.  Weight training and building muscle takes time.  3 years off the squat rack and...

As I said, this is simple. It's foosballz 101.  You win the war in the trenches, you win the ball game.  You get pushed the fuck around by San Jose State, you get embarrassed.  We haven't whipped a team up front in almost a year.  Either side of the ball.

There is more to winning the LOS than just shear squat strength. The "strong as possible" philosophy at Bama has also ruined many players.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:01:11 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2015, 09:23:44 AM »
The more to winning the LOS than just shear squat strength. The strong as possible philosophy at Bama has also ruined many players.

Engrish prease.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2015, 09:45:16 AM »
Srsly, I don't have a clue if strength is an issue but I suspect that if it is, Muschamp will definitely address with Gus.

I haven't noticed the O line get pushed around but I'm not saying they haven't. I think the whole S&C philosophy leans more toward conditioning (or more emphasis than other programs) primarily because of Gus' HUNH offensive philosophy. That's why he says things like: If we can stay close till the 4th quarter we have a chance.

In some way, it's similar to the old 3 yard and a cloud of dust pounding numerous coaches employed in the 70's and 80's in that they were counting on the most physical team to pull away in the 4th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2015, 10:02:06 AM »
Engrish prease.

There....re-read ya big baby. Do I have to annunciate everything for you? Sheesh. I think you been cruising the mall at 10 AM with Flex too much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2015, 10:20:41 AM »
I doubt they aren't doing any squatting. 

I still believe our biggest problem on d-line is the lack of true DT's, we don't have the meat on the interior of the line.  You need big ol fat boys that can take two offensive lineman so that DT's can edge rush or you can push with a linebacker.  Our DT's are built more like DE's.

Honestly I think this defense would be fine if we had two true DE's and 1 bad ass Linebacker. I know why Frost sat behind Jake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2015, 10:21:26 AM »
There....re-read ya big baby. Do I have to annunciate everything for you? Sheesh. I think you been cruising the mall at 10 AM with Flex too much.

Annunciating would be impossible.  After all, we are on the innerwebz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2015, 10:27:17 AM »
I doubt they aren't doing any squatting. 

I still believe our biggest problem on d-line is the lack of true DT's, we don't have the meat on the interior of the line.  You need big ol fat boys that can take two offensive lineman so that DT's can edge rush or you can push with a linebacker.  Our DT's are built more like DE's.

Honestly I think this defense would be fine if we had two true DE's and 1 bad ass Linebacker. I know why Frost sat behind Jake.
It's a shame that we have an abundance of fat asses on here that don't have any eligibility left.

We have a lot of Greek type bodies, unfortunately they are like Jimmy the Greek. Other than WT, of course. I'm in playing shape right damn now, if needed at QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2015, 11:10:41 AM »
Yoga is the wave of the future, bro. 

I can see where the OL would greatly benefit from the current training regimen.  The DL; however, should be bench pressing Yugos and squatting small buildings...especially when they are playing the likes of Ellis Hugh and the Processors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2015, 12:36:53 PM »
Yoga is the wave of the future, bro. 

I can see where the OL would greatly benefit from the current training regimen.  The DL; however, should be bench pressing Yugos and squatting small buildings...especially when they are playing the likes of Ellis Hugh and the Processors.

^^Gets it^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2015, 02:24:31 PM »
I'm not sure if you remember this but there were times in the '10 season where we looked like shit and got shoved around all over the field, until the coach put in Zach Clayton or put Nick Fairley back in...don't forget the 2012 season, we got pushed to the limit by ULM. All of this happened under Yoxall. I remember people wondering if he'd lost his touch, because I was one of those people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2015, 03:25:10 PM »
I'm not sure if you remember this but there were times in the '10 season where we looked like shit and got shoved around all over the field, until the coach put in Zach Clayton or put Nick Fairley back in...don't forget the 2012 season, we got pushed to the limit by ULM. All of this happened under Yoxall. I remember people wondering if he'd lost his touch, because I was one of those people.
Listen we all get what your saying, Snags theory is stupid.

We agree, but you don't have to be so nasty about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2015, 03:30:42 PM »
Listen we all get what your saying, Snags theory is stupid.

We agree, but you don't have to be so nasty about it.

Apparently Prowler misses Yoxalls touch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2015, 03:36:39 PM »
Apparently Prowler misses Yoxalls touch.

Yox did have soft hands. Wait...I mean, I heard he did. From Snags.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE