Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

They gonna call me a liar...

Re: They gonna call me a liar...
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2015, 03:09:59 PM »
Speaking of game cameras, I've got a couple of buddies with some land up around Lake Alligator...err, Eufaula.  They have truly killed some monster bucks the last couple of years.  I was watching the slide show from their cameras and did I see countless monster bucks?  Yep.  Did I see a black panther?  Nope  Did I see hundreds of pig sooeys?  Cripes yes. They told me their land is overrun with these vile creatures.  Is this a southern Alabama thing or do you hunters nawth of here have the same problem?

Wild pigs are pretty common, I know they have patches of them up north but they're growing more and more ubiquitous in the south.

FYI the medium to small sized ones are absolutely delicious. Any of your buddies want to bring in some extra help killin' them in the off season I'd be glad to help out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2015, 03:22:38 PM »
Wild pigs are pretty common, I know they have patches of them up north but they're growing more and more ubiquitous in the south.

FYI the medium to small sized ones are absolutely delicious. Any of your buddies want to bring in some extra help killin' them in the off season I'd be glad to help out.

Ubiquitous would kill in Scrabble.  Many, many moons ago I used to be heavy into hunting. In the woods all the time and like the lack of panther sightings, I never once saw a wild piggy. In this case, their land is rife with hogs and the herd is too multifarious for adequate thinning.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2015, 03:31:48 PM »
They've progressively expanded through parts of the state they never previously resided. I've hunted the same land in Pickens County my whole life. My dad before that. I hunt most weekends during the season and, until about five-six years ago, I'd never seen a wild pig. Now, it's more common I do than don't. They are an invasive nuisance.

The good news is that the right ones make great sausage... and they all make great target practice. The bad is that where there are two, there will VERY quickly be twenty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2015, 03:39:56 PM »
Ubiquitous would kill in Scrabble.  Many, many moons ago I used to be heavy into hunting. In the woods all the time and like the lack of panther sightings, I never once saw a wild piggy. In this case, their land is rife with hogs and the herd is too multifarious for adequate thinning.

Grab the ol' rifle and walk the property with the wind in your face late evenings or early mornings. Don't worry about camo. You'll hear 'em before you see 'em. Bring plenty of ammo.

Er.. Something something big words.

I know how to get into contact with some guys that do semi-professional feral pig trapping, from what I hear if you're really looking to make a dent in the population they're the way to go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2015, 04:33:27 PM »
Grab the ol' rifle and walk the property with the wind in your face late evenings or early mornings. Don't worry about camo. You'll hear 'em before you see 'em. Bring plenty of ammo.

Er.. Something something big words.

I know how to get into contact with some guys that do semi-professional feral pig trapping, from what I hear if you're really looking to make a dent in the population they're the way to go.

I'll pass along the info to my buddies.

Speaking of cool stories and piggies, bro....a couple of years ago, a friend was out hunting in the woods behind his house.  One of these bad boys surprised him and started chasing him.  He panicked and turned while he was running and fired off a few shots.  Didn't hit it but luckily scared it off.  He got back to the house and had two bullet holes in the wall of his garage.  Damn wild pig will make you shoot your family.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2015, 04:45:21 PM »
I'll pass along the info to my buddies.

Speaking of cool stories and piggies, bro....a couple of years ago, a friend was out hunting in the woods behind his house.  One of these bad boys surprised him and started chasing him.  He panicked and turned while he was running and fired off a few shots.  Didn't hit it but luckily scared it off.  He got back to the house and had two bullet holes in the wall of his garage.  Damn wild pig will make you shoot your family.

They ain't the only thing
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/14/bullet-intended-for-pesky-armadillo-ends-up-injuring-shooters-mother-in-law/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2015, 05:14:22 PM »
They ain't the only thing
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/14/bullet-intended-for-pesky-armadillo-ends-up-injuring-shooters-mother-in-law/
And a lot of you guys are walking around everyday in this meth infested society with these little pea shooters that won't pierce an armadillo shell.

But I would bet that this guy had to be a long way from the armadillo for this to happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2015, 11:27:13 AM »
Speaking of game cameras, I've got a couple of buddies with some land up around Lake Alligator...err, Eufaula.  They have truly killed some monster bucks the last couple of years.  I was watching the slide show from their cameras and did I see countless monster bucks?  Yep.  Did I see a black panther?  Nope  Did I see hundreds of pig sooeys?  Cripes yes. They told me their land is overrun with these vile creatures.  Is this a southern Alabama thing or do you hunters nawth of here have the same problem?

Well, there is a reason why people from all over the world go there to hunt.....literally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions