Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

They gonna call me a liar...

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: They gonna call me a liar...
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 02:59:48 PM »
Not anything as sinister as a panther, but I had an early morning encounter with some type of fox several years ago.  Came out to get in my ride about 5:00 in the morning.  Dark.  Heard something in the woods and when I looked, this big ass fox comes running out and stops at the end of my driveway.  Wasn't a red fox.  Pretty common around there. This one looked gray and was twice the size of a red.  It was about 15-20 feet from me.  Looked right at me and let out a blood curdling scream.  WTF???  It screamed several more times and then ran across the street in the neighbor's yard and started screaming at me some more.  I walked towards it because you could tell it was scared and probably just trying to scare me off.  It took off after a few more screams.

Okay, I just got cussed out by a fox.  Cool story, bro.
I think you are describing a coyote based on the size and screaming part. Pretty sure he would've kicked your ass either way though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

chinook

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 03:00:00 PM »
Not anything as sinister as a panther, but I had an early morning encounter with some type of fox several years ago.  Came out to get in my ride about 5:00 in the morning.  Dark.  Heard something in the woods and when I looked, this big ass fox comes running out and stops at the end of my driveway.  Wasn't a red fox.  Pretty common around there. This one looked gray and was twice the size of a red.  It was about 15-20 feet from me.  Looked right at me and let out a blood curdling scream.  WTF???  It screamed several more times and then ran across the street in the neighbor's yard and started screaming at me some more.  I walked towards it because you could tell it was scared and probably just trying to scare me off.  It took off after a few more screams.

Cool story, bro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 03:02:28 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 03:03:49 PM »
I think you are describing a coyote based on the size and screaming part. Pretty sure he would've kicked your ass either way though.

It was not a gawt damn kiyotee.

Here's what it sounded like, except magnified X10 because he was right in front of me.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 03:08:39 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2015, 04:42:31 PM »
Re: your story, I find it hard to believe that you actually walked toward the animal, regardless what it was. You are afraid of a cat and to swim in Lake Eufaula. You're not exactly Bear Grylls.

In this video, IMO, this  sounds like hyenas or a pack of monkees in your woods.

So, cool story, Bro. But definitely a story regarding you walking toward the animal. Now, jumping up on the hood of the car and squealing, yes. I can definitely see that happening with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2015, 04:43:56 PM »
Now, jumping up on the hood of the car and squealing, yes. I can definitely see that happening with you.

We don't call him the nutless wonder for nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2015, 04:50:07 PM »
Re: your story, I find it hard to believe that you actually walked toward the animal, regardless what it was. You are afraid of a cat and to swim in Lake Eufaula. You're not exactly Bear Grylls.

In this video, IMO, this  sounds like hyenas or a pack of monkees in your woods.

So, cool story, Bro. But definitely a story regarding you walking toward the animal. Now, jumping up on the hood of the car and squealing, yes. I can definitely see that happening with you.

Just because you don't have any cool stories like me, bro...

And most of mine are partially true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2015, 05:05:51 PM »

What does the fox say?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2015, 05:22:30 PM »

What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2015, 06:01:11 PM »
I have seen a black panther hunting in Union Springs. Big freaking cat. No one believes me either but it was light outside and 30 yards from me. Scared the shit out of me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2015, 07:03:10 PM »
I bet it was a chupacabra
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2015, 07:32:23 PM »
Never seen one myself but know folks who have. Hell, you wouldn't expect black bears (ole miss fans excluded) nearby either but one was spotted in a Trussville subdivision only a few years ago.
Probably moving in from Roebuck/Huffman...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2015, 09:24:51 PM »
We call them "suped up wildcats" in St Clair county. They have big ol' tushes sticking out of their mouth and great big claws on the end of their feet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2015, 07:54:10 AM »
I have seen a black panther hunting in Union Springs. Big freaking cat. No one believes me either but it was light outside and 30 yards from me. Scared the shit out of me.
You do realize that this thread isn't about militant black men, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2015, 11:13:47 AM »
We call them "suped up wildcats" in St Clair county. They have big ol' tushes sticking out of their mouth and great big claws on the end of their feet.
My cousin John Eubanks fought one of these up in a tree while coon hunting one time. We all hollered up at him, "Knock 'em out John!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2015, 11:24:27 AM »
Just shoot up here amongst us.  One of us has got to have some relief.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2015, 02:06:28 PM »
I side with the hunters and the game wardens/game and fish personnel of the state who claim panther sightings, in spite of official statements that no such thing exists here.

I remember reading the Alabama Game and Fish mag a few deer seasons ago and seeing a cash prize offered for footage proving a panther in the state. I never followed up on the results.

Never seen one myself but know folks who have. Hell, you wouldn't expect black bears (ole miss fans excluded) nearby either but one was spotted in a Trussville subdivision only a few years ago.

The results were despite approximately 7 game cameras per acre on Alabama hunting land not a single person had a confirmed pic and not a single person could show authorities a single bit of physical evidence (hair, tracks, scat, ect) they exist.

With that said it doesn't really surprise me that one wanders through from time to time. It also doesn't surprise me that everyone knows someone with a sighting story. I'm jealous of those stories, a lifetime in the woods and the  I've never seen anything rare or unexplained except my buddy carter somehow kills deer despite being the laziest idiot I know.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2015, 02:46:39 PM »
Speaking of game cameras, I've got a couple of buddies with some land up around Lake Alligator...err, Eufaula.  They have truly killed some monster bucks the last couple of years.  I was watching the slide show from their cameras and did I see countless monster bucks?  Yep.  Did I see a black panther?  Nope  Did I see hundreds of pig sooeys?  Cripes yes. They told me their land is overrun with these vile creatures.  Is this a southern Alabama thing or do you hunters nawth of here have the same problem?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2015, 02:51:17 PM »
Speaking of game cameras, I've got a couple of buddies with some land up around Lake Alligator...err, Eufaula.  They have truly killed some monster bucks the last couple of years.  I was watching the slide show from their cameras and did I see countless monster bucks?  Yep.  Did I see a black panther?  Nope  Did I see hundreds of pig sooeys?  Cripes yes. They told me their land is overrun with these vile creatures.  Is this a southern Alabama thing or do you hunters nawth of here have the same problem?

:by:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2015, 02:53:41 PM »
:by:

Damn it.  That's EXACTLY what I saw.  Hundreds of butter-tooth yetis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions