Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tesla, Styx, Def Leppard

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Tesla, Styx, Def Leppard
« on: August 24, 2015, 10:49:15 AM »
Caught their show Friday night, good show. Tours like this seem to have a script and they stick to it. No going over or adjusting to the crowd. No encores.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Tesla, Styx, Def Leppard
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 11:26:59 AM »
Saw them here in Atlanta.  Styx and Def Leppard were pretty good.

Immediately remembered why I helped boo Tesla off the stage 30 years ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 11:41:26 AM »
Saw them here in Atlanta.  Styx and Def Leppard were pretty good.

Immediately remembered why I helped boo Tesla off the stage 30 years ago.

Styx lead singer is good but he is no Dennis DeYoung.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 01:08:31 PM »
I saw Stix and Foreigner last year with Don Felder, such a great show and they served beer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 01:27:52 PM »
I saw Stix and Foreigner last year with Don Felder, such a great show and they served beer.

Place here served beer also, Big boy 24oz (Coors light example)  $16.00.

I forgo drinking that night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 02:49:53 PM »
This was part of my summer concert tour. 

Styx was good. Going to see them again in a few weeks just for kicks.

Dennis DeYoung needs to get over whatever it is that makes him be such an asshole about things and get back with the band.  I'm of the "fuck him" mindset. 

Def Leppard was also better than I expected.  Better than when they opened for KISS a few years back.  Touring and the smaller headlining venues seems to benefit them. 

One of the better concerts I saw, actually.  I skipped Tesla completely in order to get some watered down booze. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 03:28:25 PM »
This was part of my summer concert tour. 

Styx was good. Going to see them again in a few weeks just for kicks.

Dennis DeYoung needs to get over whatever it is that makes him be such an asshole about things and get back with the band.  I'm of the "fuck him" mindset. 

Def Leppard was also better than I expected.  Better than when they opened for KISS a few years back.  Touring and the smaller headlining venues seems to benefit them. 

One of the better concerts I saw, actually.  I skipped Tesla completely in order to get some watered down booze.

Him and Steve Perry have the same condition.

Journey with Steve Perry tour would be hard tickets to get unless you come up with BIG MOOLA. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 03:37:05 PM »
I enjoyed the shit out of Tesla's "Five Man Acoustical Jam" and their tour in '91 or '92 with Firehouse opening was my first concert.

Fuck the Tesla haterzzzzzzzzz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Jumbo

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 03:54:52 PM »
Place here served beer also, Big boy 24oz (Coors light example)  $16.00.

I forgo drinking that night.
Once the beer price gets over $6 I'm out like Snaggs on prom night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 03:56:04 PM »
I enjoyed the shit out of Tesla's "Five Man Acoustical Jam" and their tour in '91 or '92 with Firehouse opening was my first concert.

Fuck the Tesla haterzzzzzzzzz.
I would go just to hear Signs live.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 04:04:32 PM »
What about Five Man Electric Band?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 04:06:10 PM »
Once the beer price gets over $6 I'm out like Snaggs on prom night.

I stayed thirsty my friends. (Really) I thought about getting just one, but the price and the fact it would get hot before I could finish it all really stuck in my craw. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 04:14:24 PM »

and the fact it would get hot before I could finish it all really stuck in my craw.

Pussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 04:15:07 PM »

Journey with Steve Perry tour would be hard tickets to get unless you come up with BIG MOOLA.

Or a big shovel
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 04:20:46 PM »
Pussy.

When it comes to over priced/hot beer.

Yea your right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 09:00:22 PM »
Styx lead singer is good but he is no Dennis DeYoung.

Isn't Tommy Shaw from Montgomery?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 10:31:33 PM »
Isn't Tommy Shaw from Montgomery?

Yeppers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2015, 06:47:45 AM »

Him and Steve Perry have the same condition.

No. 

Dennis DeYoung isn't sick.  He's just a pissed off bastard. Feuded with the other band members (Tommy Shaw in particular), took his toys and went home.  To be fair, Shaw left first but then came back.  He hated the type of songs DeYoung was contributing, the rock opera stuff and thought the band should play more traditional rock-type music.  They reunited in the late 90s and did really well but the same issues surfaced.  DeYoung tried to sabotage the new tour by claiming he had chronic fatigue and randomly refusing to perform. He wanted the tour postponed. They went on without him. He sued. The remainder of the band won.  Shaw hates him and even though DeYoung has made noises about wanting to come back, he's ignored. The squabbling is why there are several Styx classics you won't hear when the current band plays.  Babe. Mr. Roboto.  Won't play.   

Steve Perry had a medical condition that prevented him from singing for years.  It was really never an ego thing. Yeah, he did a solo album while he was part of the band.  And when his mom died and the band was in flux, they disbanded.  They all got back together and then he broke his hip.  They waited two years for him to get surgery and be ready to go but he wouldn't do it. Then he got a little butthurt when they wouldn't keep waiting for him to decide he was ready to get surgery and get back to work.  And then there was some thing where he had a voice issue and wasn't able to sing for seven or eight years.  In fact, I don't think he's performed on stage but two or three times since like 1989.  No major feud, he's just not able and maybe doesn't care to. 

Thankfully I saw both bands before the fractures. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 09:45:49 AM »
No. 

Dennis DeYoung isn't sick.  He's just a pissed off bastard. Feuded with the other band members (Tommy Shaw in particular), took his toys and went home.  To be fair, Shaw left first but then came back.  He hated the type of songs DeYoung was contributing, the rock opera stuff and thought the band should play more traditional rock-type music.  They reunited in the late 90s and did really well but the same issues surfaced.  DeYoung tried to sabotage the new tour by claiming he had chronic fatigue and randomly refusing to perform. He wanted the tour postponed. They went on without him. He sued. The remainder of the band won.  Shaw hates him and even though DeYoung has made noises about wanting to come back, he's ignored. The squabbling is why there are several Styx classics you won't hear when the current band plays.  Babe. Mr. Roboto.  Won't play.   

Steve Perry had a medical condition that prevented him from singing for years.  It was really never an ego thing. Yeah, he did a solo album while he was part of the band.  And when his mom died and the band was in flux, they disbanded.  They all got back together and then he broke his hip.  They waited two years for him to get surgery and be ready to go but he wouldn't do it. Then he got a little butthurt when they wouldn't keep waiting for him to decide he was ready to get surgery and get back to work.  And then there was some thing where he had a voice issue and wasn't able to sing for seven or eight years.  In fact, I don't think he's performed on stage but two or three times since like 1989.  No major feud, he's just not able and maybe doesn't care to. 

Thankfully I saw both bands before the fractures.

I meant they are both being dickheads. Perry is doing fine and has even done some impromptu singing on stage recently. Although very small venue's. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 09:51:15 AM »

I meant they are both being dickheads. Perry is doing fine and has even done some impromptu singing on stage recently. Although very small venue's.

Disagree on Perry. Never once thought of him as a dickhead. That would be Neil Schon my friend. Perry had issues as K mentioned. Schon and others pitched a hissy fit about it. Things were never the same. Simple as that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE