dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

Re: July Recruiting Weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 08:40:41 PM »
He is from here in Southside. Watched him all last year as a soph.  Good kid, If he stays commited to AU he will be a good addition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

jmar

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 04:23:25 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 08:51:47 AM »
He had a couple of nice late hits there on defense...would have fit in perfectly with the 2014 defense.

On offense, he looks like a combination of Duke and Sammy.  He can run routes, catch the tough ball over the middle or on the corner fade and he appeared to have the speed to beat his man on the go route as well.  Looks like a great pickup imnsho.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 09:21:57 AM »
Let's not sugar coat this.  The kid needs......

:starz:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 10:10:14 AM »
He had a couple of nice late hits there on defense...would have fit in perfectly with the 2014 defense.

On offense, he looks like a combination of Duke and Sammy.  He can run routes, catch the tough ball over the middle or on the corner fade and he appeared to have the speed to beat his man on the go route as well.  Looks like a great pickup imnsho.
Then he would make a great pairing with Frost and Matthews. Chase them into the stands and continue the pummeling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 10:16:22 AM »
On offense, he looks like a combination of Duke and Sammy. 

So you are saying he sprints down the field 60 yards, AND actually catches the easy short passes too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 10:24:52 AM »
So you are saying he sprints down the field 60 yards, AND actually catches the easy short passes too?
He's a two tool player.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 11:03:21 AM »
Add Crestview receiver McClain as a commitment.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/07/receiver_marquis_mcclain_commi.html

Making it a point to go watch McClain and Stove play this fall.  They'll conveniently be on the field together (on opposite teams, of course) a mere 5 miles from my house.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 11:13:47 AM »
Glad to see the ball is rolling again on recruiting. I'm ready so shore up the DT position. That's the biggest area of concern in this class, imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 11:33:37 AM »

Crazy, I know...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 09:53:58 AM »
Glad to see the ball is rolling again on recruiting. I'm ready so shore up the DT position. That's the biggest area of concern in this class, imo.
Agree about DTs. No experienced depth for latter part of schedule for my liking. No excuse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 11:21:34 AM »
Agree about DTs. No experienced depth for latter part of schedule for my liking. No excuse.
Meanwhile, Bama and thugs load up at DT. Garner is one of the best recruiters in SEC history and thugs end up with Rocker who gets pegged as being a poor recruiter.

I don't get it. I assume we have some good targets. We lost the kid (Williams?) as a flipper a while back, I believe. I think Bama has 3, thugs a few and AU--0.

You want to render Muschamp ineffective right out of the gate? Hit us in the DT position.

I'm not pulling the fire alarm yet. I'm just concerned. And the mowr stars players are disappearing earlier every year. What doesn't make sense is that good DT's could prob come to AU and get into the rotation this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 11:37:09 AM »
Meanwhile, Bama and thugs load up at DT. Garner is one of the best recruiters in SEC history and thugs end up with Rocker who gets pegged as being a poor recruiter.

I don't get it. I assume we have some good targets. We lost the kid (Williams?) as a flipper a while back, I believe. I think Bama has 3, thugs a few and AU--0.

You want to render Muschamp ineffective right out of the gate? Hit us in the DT position.

I'm not pulling the fire alarm yet. I'm just concerned. And the mowr stars players are disappearing earlier every year. What doesn't make sense is that good DT's could prob come to AU and get into the rotation this year.
Yup we identied the problem in 2013 and it continues. Think we have three SEC ready inside. Wish we would stop it with the all purpose midgets and start paying some biguns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 11:54:01 AM »
Yup we identied the problem in 2013 and it continues. Think we have three SEC ready inside. Wish we would stop it with the all purpose midgets and start paying some biguns.

Our DL size:

Ends:
President JR - 6'4" 263
Harrell SR - 6'4" 270
Thornton RFr- 6'5" 228

Bucks/Ends:
Lawson SO - 6'2" 257
Kennion SO - 6'6" 235
Toney SO - 6'1" 243
Cowart FR - 6'4" 280

Tackles:
Adams JR - 6'4" 306
Swain JR - 6'5" 295
Lawrence JR - 6'2" 281
Russell RFr - 6'3" 285
Lambert SR - 6'2" 283
Williams RFr - 6'4" 270

Except for Thornton and Kennion (who can carry much more weight on those long frames), I don't think we're undersized at all.  Especially when we'll only face a handful of true "pound the rock" offenses over the course of the season.

The Bucks are supposed to be hybrid 3-4 linebackers, I believe, with a hand in the dirt.

Seems that our failing has been in technique/execution, not size.  I blame Garner...and expect Muschamp to get that unit un-fucked sharpish.  I also think having Lawson and Cowart (presuming he's all he's hyped to be) eating up double-teams will help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 12:13:35 PM »
Our DL size:

Ends:
President JR - 6'4" 263
Harrell SR - 6'4" 270
Thornton RFr- 6'5" 228

Bucks/Ends:
Lawson SO - 6'2" 257
Kennion SO - 6'6" 235
Toney SO - 6'1" 243
Cowart FR - 6'4" 280

Tackles:
Adams JR - 6'4" 306
Swain JR - 6'5" 295
Lawrence JR - 6'2" 281
Russell RFr - 6'3" 285
Lambert SR - 6'2" 283
Williams RFr - 6'4" 270

Except for Thornton and Kennion (who can carry much more weight on those long frames), I don't think we're undersized at all.  Especially when we'll only face a handful of true "pound the rock" offenses over the course of the season.

The Bucks are supposed to be hybrid 3-4 linebackers, I believe, with a hand in the dirt.

Seems that our failing has been in technique/execution, not size.  I blame Garner...and expect Muschamp to get that unit un-fucked sharpish.  I also think having Lawson and Cowart (presuming he's all he's hyped to be) eating up double-teams will help.

Heights and weights make me moist.  You are correct, sir. We are fine with regard to size up front.  And while most of what I read indicates these two should redshirt, even though they have yet to suit up, if we got any kind of surprise contributions from Prince Tiki Wakonokalunogho at 6'8" 250 or Jauntravelosity Johnson at 6'2" 322, it would kick things up a notch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 12:36:03 PM »
The entire defensive lineup does nothing to add reps to the DT position. Whitey tried every slight of hand tactic known to man by shuffling bodies in the 280 range . But a DE is not a tackle any more than a TE is a wide receiver, me an analyst, !!!-the real Chizad or Snaggle exceptionally funny...and whatnot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 12:54:33 PM »
Heights and weights make me moist.  You are correct, sir. We are fine with regard to size up front.  And while most of what I read indicates these two should redshirt, even though they have yet to suit up, if we got any kind of surprise contributions from Prince Tiki Wakonokalunogho at 6'8" 250 or Jauntravelosity Johnson at 6'2" 322, it would kick things up a notch.
One is recovering and the other bullied large children last season and neither has seen the likes of a oline like Arky ie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 12:55:38 PM »
Our DL size:

Ends:
President JR - 6'4" 263
Harrell SR - 6'4" 270
Thornton RFr- 6'5" 228

Bucks/Ends:
Lawson SO - 6'2" 257
Kennion SO - 6'6" 235
Toney SO - 6'1" 243
Cowart FR - 6'4" 280

Tackles:
Adams JR - 6'4" 306
Swain JR - 6'5" 295
Lawrence JR - 6'2" 281
Russell RFr - 6'3" 285
Lambert SR - 6'2" 283
Williams RFr - 6'4" 270

Cowart's a got danged full growned man animal already. Good heavens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2015, 01:30:31 PM »
Its presumed by many in the media realm that Auburn will be pretty solid both on the D-line and LBs. The concern is the depth with the DBs and not necessarily the talent at the starting positions. I'm not concerned at all. I would actually say I am closer to being excited.

As for recruiting, I truly believe what the AU defense produces this year will speak for itself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions