Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

July Recruiting Weekend

jmar

Re: July Recruiting Weekend
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 04:50:48 PM »
If you don't think I'm the real Chizad, meet me for a reach around. I'll show you who is real.
Can you reach north of the Magic City?

:wartim:  :wartim:         Solo      Assisted      Total      Total/game
Jr. DT Adams                27            16          43           3.31
Sr. DT Lambert             12             12         24           2.18           
Jr. DT Lawrence             1              0            1             .25

This is our experience at tackle. Adams and Lambert had significant playing time. That's it!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 04:52:54 PM »
Can you reach north of the Magic City?

:wartim:  :wartim:         Solo      Assisted      Total      Total/game
Jr. DT Adams                27            16          43           3.31
Sr. DT Lambert             12             12         24           2.18           
Jr. DT Lawrence             1              0            1             .25

This is our experience at tackle. Adams and Lambert had significant playing time. That's it!

Lambert played mostly on the end as well...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 05:02:28 PM »
Lambert played mostly on the end as well...
Well now I guess we are all set at DT then.
 So where is the REAL trouble area?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2015, 11:01:47 AM »
Down to 2 for this 3* that Garner believes can be a multiple position guy. Still, not a DT out of the gate but could be in time. Battling VT for him.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/07/auburn_target_nick_coe_names_t.html
Nick Coe
Defensive end Nick Coe took his first visit to Auburn last weekend. (247Sports)
Print Email
Wesley Sinor | wsinor@al.com By  Wesley Sinor | wsinor@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on July 27, 2015 at 12:48 PM, updated July 27, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Following his first visit to the Plains last weekend, Nick Coe has named Auburn and Virginia Tech his top two schools.

Prior to releasing the above tweet, the 6-foot-4, 260-pound defensive end from Asheboro, N.C., told 247Sports Auburn is on top.

"They're No. 1," Coe said. "They're great. And they're planning on winning a national championship. They're not too far from it. I talked to some of the coaches about degrees. They'll make sure I get a degree. Make sure I graduate. If I go pro, they'll want me to come back and graduate still."

Coe has developed a solid relationship with Tigers defensive line coach Rodney Garner, who reportedly believes he can play multiple positions on the defensive line.

The three-star prospect has no commitment date set, but has already planned three of his five official visits to Auburn, North Carolina and Virginia Tech.

Coe is the No. 19 strong-side defensive end in the 247Sports Composite and the No. 14 player out of North Carolina. He tallied 70 tackles last season with 19 sacks.

Check out his highlights below.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2015, 11:07:32 AM »
6'4" 260 with another year to play and off season workouts in front of him.  I could easily see DT in his future.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2015, 03:32:22 PM »
Well now I guess we are all set at DT then.
 So where is the REAL trouble area?

Which is it:  should we recruit only size (re: midget recruiting) our should we bitch about experience?   If your gripe is experience, then ongoing recruiting isn't your beef.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2015, 03:57:56 PM »
Which is it:  should we recruit only size (re: midget recruiting) our should we bitch about experience?   If your gripe is experience, then ongoing recruiting isn't your beef.
Why did you answer his question with a question?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2015, 03:58:36 PM »
Size is not a problem.  (That's what she said)  As long as we stay relatively healthy across our front 7, I think this group is going to be pretty dang skippy if Muschamp instills some Fairley style nastiness in em'.  Also, it helps to have a couple of senior linebackers right behind them that go 240 and 253.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2015, 04:25:41 PM »
Just looked at an old sheet roster from a practice last year.  We easily had the biggest overall group of interior linemen we've ever had.

Ben Bradley  303
Jeffrey Whitaker  322
Angelo Blackson  306
Gabe Wright  284
Montravelosity Adams 306

4 of them were seniors.  In a word....suck!  I don't have gooder enough football smarts to have a clue as to why.  Coaching?  Technique?  Not mean enough?  Overrated?  But whether or not we had someone badass coming off the edge, they got their collective shit pushed in.  In looking at some of the preseason mags and checking out what teams are putting on the field in this conference and around the country, this ain't no small group of guys. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2015, 06:14:03 PM »
But whether or not we had someone badass coming off the edge, they got their collective shit pushed in. 

This was just it. The collective opinion here is the opposing offenses could focus almost entirely on the interior since Auburn had no real threat on the ends. I think most feel Auburn has that issue fixed up a bit. You add that with a different defensive scheme with WC, I feel we will all see a big difference. Whether or not we get into that top 30 D remains to be see but I am hopeful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2015, 08:01:22 PM »
1. Who is this WC you speak of? 2. It has already been clearly explained on here that the defense has to be top 25.

Can you read? TOP 25.

Will Champ...duh
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2015, 08:03:40 PM »
Will Cusschamp
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2015, 11:24:55 PM »
We lack experience and numbers at the core. After Adams our leading returning tackler up front was Gimel President.
Know you have your O & Bs on but you need to realize we have shit inside if somehow either of our two starters can't go.
I'm just seeing it as it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2015, 10:29:59 AM »
Down to 2 for this 3* that Garner believes can be a multiple position guy. Still, not a DT out of the gate but could be in time. Battling VT for him.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/07/auburn_target_nick_coe_names_t.html
Nick Coe
Defensive end Nick Coe took his first visit to Auburn last weekend. (247Sports)
Print Email
Wesley Sinor | wsinor@al.com By  Wesley Sinor | wsinor@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on July 27, 2015 at 12:48 PM, updated July 27, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Following his first visit to the Plains last weekend, Nick Coe has named Auburn and Virginia Tech his top two schools.

Prior to releasing the above tweet, the 6-foot-4, 260-pound defensive end from Asheboro, N.C., told 247Sports Auburn is on top.

"They're No. 1," Coe said. "They're great. And they're planning on winning a national championship. They're not too far from it. I talked to some of the coaches about degrees. They'll make sure I get a degree. Make sure I graduate. If I go pro, they'll want me to come back and graduate still."

Coe has developed a solid relationship with Tigers defensive line coach Rodney Garner, who reportedly believes he can play multiple positions on the defensive line.

The three-star prospect has no commitment date set, but has already planned three of his five official visits to Auburn, North Carolina and Virginia Tech.

Coe is the No. 19 strong-side defensive end in the 247Sports Composite and the No. 14 player out of North Carolina. He tallied 70 tackles last season with 19 sacks.

Check out his highlights below.

I kept looking but haven't seen any?   Is this it?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 11:37:02 AM »
I kept looking but haven't seen any?   Is this it?

I like the stars but just as soon have a kid like this you can motivate that grows into the position without all of the ego stroking such as the guys that allowed Fairley to become such a force.
Muschamp and Garner can probably get more bang for the buck out of the inexperienced inside guys we have on the roster but on paper it's not an area of strength...not by any stretch.
Another area of note:  Who will man the vacated Neiko Thorpe/Trovon Reed position as lockdown corner opposite Jones?
Discuss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2015, 11:43:38 AM »
We lack experience and numbers at the core. After Adams our leading returning tackler up front was Gimel President.
Know you have your O & Bs on but you need to realize we have shit inside if somehow either of our two starters can't go.
I'm just seeing it as it is.
What you fail to realize is that we have Will Muschamp, you big dummy. He does have eligibility left, doesn't he?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2015, 11:59:31 AM »
What you fail to realize is that we have Will Muschamp, you big dummy. He does have eligibility left, doesn't he?
Ah c'mon...he only has to swear loudly, make distorted faces and get them lined up correctly.
Championship!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2015, 12:22:35 PM »
Ah c'mon...he only has to swear loudly, make distorted faces and get them lined up correctly.
Championship!

A little blood wouldn't hurt either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'