Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ouija and the supernatural

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Ouija and the supernatural
« on: March 10, 2015, 01:57:09 AM »
Jarhead's response in the Movies thread made me wonder what the rest of you think about supernatural things. 

My personal belief is that there are a ton of things that we simply don't understand.  To dismiss out of hand that there could be some kind of force we don't see is ridiculous to me.  Think of the things we already don't see.  Radio waves passing right through us.  Cell phone conversations swirling all around us in the air.  It's bizarre when you think about just how much we don't know and how much we can't see. 

My ouija story is in the movies thread.  Basic gist?  I asked it a question and there was absolutely no way possible whatsoever that the people at that board could have known the answer. It was really even a trick question.  But it knew.  Spelled it out.  My urine froze in my bladder it scared me so much. 

I used to work at an old AM radio station when I was barely a teenager.  Place housed the radio station, a newspaper office (typewriters back then) and a sales office for both.  I filled in on afternoon radio shows and wrote obits and other crap for the newspaper. One day a DJ was working on the antenna and got electrocuted.  Weird shit started happening after that.  I had a key and the building was a safe warm place to take girls late at night. You could hide the car in the back, go in and nobody would know you were there. One night I opened the back door and saw plain as day a guy standing in the hall. Except nobody was. No cars there but mine and I searched the whole place. Other times I'd see people moving in the DJ booth, but nobody was there. Equipment that was turned off turned itself on. I'd leave at 2 or 3 am after sitting around with friends drinking and then come back the next morning early to make sure I'd cleaned everything up and there would be paper in the typewriter with jibberish typed all over it.  Nobody had been  in the building and that paper wasn't there when I locked up and left.  Everybody in the building saw or heard things.  One day some of the women who worked in the office were sitting around talking about the strange things they'd seen with me.  And as we sat there talking this big picture on the wall behind them started to sway back and forth.  They saw it. I saw it. It rocked side to side until it was almost sideways on the wall. And then it gradually settled back.  We didn't say a damn word.  Just got up and left.  I quit going down there at night. I quit being there by myself at any time. Nobody but the guy who owned the place would go in there alone.  I quit working there not long after that.   

Ghost? Energy? I have no idea. Don't really care. 

I've seen kids that talk to corners because they see the people there.  My own daughter was about 18 months old when she started telling us about the job she had before she came back here. It was stuff no 18 month old would know. 

Is there an explanation?  Maybe so.  But I still contend that the sum total of what we think we know is miniscule compared to the vastness of what we don't.  So.

Am I alone in this? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Ouija and the supernatural
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 07:12:44 AM »
No you are not.

I personally think it is pretty small sided for us to believe that we really know everything about death or other possible planes of existence.  I personally have never seen anything that would make me think that but I only need history to convince me that there is more. 
The Earth used to be the center of the universe.
The Earth used to be flat.
Enemas with boar bile were used to clean one out.

We have been wrong about enough stuff for me to know that we are nowhere close to knowing it all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 08:16:43 AM »
We have been wrong about enough stuff for me to know that we are nowhere close to knowing it all.

Exactly, that girl was clearly 18 years old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 10:01:03 AM »
If as Christians, we believe in a God, a Holy Spirit and afterlife, all of which we've never seen, and will defend that belief with every fiber of our being, why would we question that there are other things going on around us?

And yes, I believe in teh supernaturals. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 10:18:14 AM »
I believe in ghosts and other supernatural things. I have never seen one, but I really believe it's because I do not want to see one. I run the other way if I even feel like there could be another "presence" in the room. I don't welcome it. I don't listen for it. And I don't want to know about it. But I believe they are there.

I think if you are open to those things and welcome them in, you will see them. My aunt swears she has seen multiple ghosts in her life. She doesn't brag about it, but she will tell you if you ask about it. One she saw at a friends house and asked if there was a girl upstairs and they told her about the ghost seen by them from time to time. There is no doubt if I went in that house, that I wouldn't see it because I don't want to.

I have been to that eery place once in my life. I don't know if I was dreaming but I don't think I was. As I was falling asleep I heard voices, so I focused in on them. They became louder and louder and the only thing I could describe it as was good vs. evil spirits fighting. I don't know how I know that's what it is because I couldn't tell what the things were saying, however, it was clear to me what was going on. Scared the fuck out of me. I have almost gone back to that place when I am falling asleep, but I refuse now. If I have to turn on the TV to create some noise to block that shit out I do.

I don't want to hear them or see them. That shit freaks me out and I don't mess with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 10:27:51 AM »
I didn't see the Ouija movie but I know enough about ghosts to be able to tell with absolute certainty that War Eagle!!! is definitely about to be abducted by an evil spirit in the very near future. I've seen and heard of this too many times.

If there is anything that you want to say to him, you had better do it now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 10:30:52 AM »
The Bible says they do exist, and to not mess with them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 10:31:46 AM »
I believe in ghosts and other supernatural things. I have never seen one, but I really believe it's because I do not want to see one. I run the other way if I even feel like there could be another "presence" in the room. I don't welcome it. I don't listen for it. And I don't want to know about it. But I believe they are there.

I think if you are open to those things and welcome them in, you will see them. My aunt swears she has seen multiple ghosts in her life. She doesn't brag about it, but she will tell you if you ask about it. One she saw at a friends house and asked if there was a girl upstairs and they told her about the ghost seen by them from time to time. There is no doubt if I went in that house, that I wouldn't see it because I don't want to.

I have been to that eery place once in my life. I don't know if I was dreaming but I don't think I was. As I was falling asleep I heard voices, so I focused in on them. They became louder and louder and the only thing I could describe it as was good vs. evil spirits fighting. I don't know how I know that's what it is because I couldn't tell what the things were saying, however, it was clear to me what was going on. Scared the fuck out of me. I have almost gone back to that place when I am falling asleep, but I refuse now. If I have to turn on the TV to create some noise to block that shit out I do.

I don't want to hear them or see them. That shit freaks me out and I don't mess with it.

Sleep paralysis? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 10:38:56 AM »
Sleep paralysis?

That is what I later figured out that it may have been. It was some freaky shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 10:41:54 AM »
Odd that I see this today: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/mysterious-call-for-help-heard-before-finding-utah-toddler/vi-AA9AN5x?ocid=DELLDHP

Also, I don't remember where but a couple of years ago, at an accident site somewhere, there were rescuers galore who saw a priest talking to a victim trapped in a wrecked vehicle. I don't remember specifics but this was a big accident and it shut down the road for a long time. News crews, photographers, the whole bit. They were trying to identify the priest afterward and not even a shot of him in any pic. Numerous rescuers remembered seeing him. It was a national story.

I won't go into my only ghost story right now but I definitely do believe that it's possible and even probable.

Edit: The mystery priest was identified later. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/12/mystery-solved-angel-priest-identified/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:47:37 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 10:42:59 AM »
That is what I later figured out that it may have been. It was some freaky shit.
Friendly advice, take it or leave it. Don't go to sleep again. Ever. They are after you friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 10:46:35 AM »
Friendly advice, take it or leave it. Don't go to sleep again. Ever. They are after you friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 11:06:55 AM »

I have had this several times.  Freaks me out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 11:46:58 AM »
I used to tell War Eagle!!!'s sister that she had a ghost in her clothes to get her naked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 11:51:05 AM »
Met my wife at Auburn.  Her senior year up there, she had a poltergeist, or mischevous spirit, in her apartment. Got so bad that we went to the apartment manager and asked if anyone had died or had anything bad ever happened in there.  No real scary stuff, just weird, unexplainable crap happening all the time.  A few things:

She and I are alone, sitting on the couch watching TV late one night and the faucet in the bathroom turns on hot water, full blast.  It's just us in there.   

We were in her kitchen cooking up something and she had a hot pad hanging on one of those plastic hooks with an adhesive back that you stick on the wall.  I reached to get the hot pad and it was lying on the counter, underneath the hook, which was now turned upside down.  Odd.  No biggee. Except that the only way you could turn the hook back or get it off the wall was to rip some of the sheetrock off with it.  Plus, I had already used the hot pad a few minutes earlier and hung it back on the hook.

She and her roommate went to Wendy's and while sitting at the drive through, one asked the other what time it was.  They got back to the apartment and when they started eating, one of them noticed the digital clock they had on a shelf was no longer there.  Weird. They found the clock unplugged with the cord wrapped around it and sitting behind a speaker.  The time on it was exactly the time one of them had said while in the drive through.

The weirdest was this.  The lady across the hall was a tutor, hired by the University to work with the athletes so there were football and basketball players constantly in and out of there. One particular basketball player who did fairly well at AU and in the pros and does a little NBA commentating and is really bad at golf.....usually needed all night tutoring sessions.  But I digress.  A lot of times we'd have the door open and some would come in, sit around and talk.  One night, several of the players were in there including Ed West, tight end that played a little pro ball himself.  All of a sudden, West looks at the sliding glass window that goes out on the balcony (3rd floor) and there is the perfect imprint of the profile of some evil looking face on the glass.  We'd all been in there for 10-15 minutes seated where we were pretty much facing that glass.  That face had not been there.  West freaked out and about knocked over 3 people on his way out the door.  The face/head itself was incredibly detailed, right down to the hair and even the pores on the face.  It faded soon after. 

Personally, I like to think I woke up the spirits with all the powerful pounding she and I were doing every night.  I'm good like that. But other than the sex, there were some really weird things going on in that apartment.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 12:01:23 PM »
At my parent's house, there's a Ouija Board tucked away deep inside a spare closet. One of the older ones from the 60's - my mom's as a child. As a kid myself, staring at the hauntingly simple art of that yellowing, frayed, cardboard box was enough alone for me to leave it hidden away beneath the piles of blankets and old comic books it lay under. The creepiness of just being in eyesight of the thing is one of the reasons I never actually tried it.

Aside form being a wuss kid, the other reason was due to my mom always being VERY uneasy about the thing. It sounds silly but, when younger, a conversation about the Ouija sprang up and my mom spoke about an experience where that very board not only provided names but also dates of death for two members of her immediate family. Dates that came to be very accurate and imminent.

Because of that she doesn't like talking about the Ouija and I was raised to stay away from the things. I asked more than once. She wouldn't have it. But she also won't throw the damn thing away either. Maybe out of nervousness, I don't know. But one of these days she will pass on. I'll be stuck cleaning out her old house and there will lay Ouija... creepily staring from the darkness. I probably won't want to anger the board by trashing it either, so I'll just let my brother inherit the damn thing. Let him deal with it.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 12:03:00 PM by Catphish Tilly »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 12:03:22 PM »
Met my wife at Auburn.  Her senior year up there, she had a poltergeist, or mischevous spirit, in her apartment. Got so bad that we went to the apartment manager and asked if anyone had died or had anything bad ever happened in there.  No real scary stuff, just weird, unexplainable crap happening all the time.  A few things:

She and I are alone, sitting on the couch watching TV late one night and the faucet in the bathroom turns on hot water, full blast.  It's just us in there.   

We were in her kitchen cooking up something and she had a hot pad hanging on one of those plastic hooks with an adhesive back that you stick on the wall.  I reached to get the hot pad and it was lying on the counter, underneath the hook, which was now turned upside down.  Odd.  No biggee. Except that the only way you could turn the hook back or get it off the wall was to rip some of the sheetrock off with it.  Plus, I had already used the hot pad a few minutes earlier and hung it back on the hook.

She and her roommate went to Wendy's and while sitting at the drive through, one asked the other what time it was.  They got back to the apartment and when they started eating, one of them noticed the digital clock they had on a shelf was no longer there.  Weird. They found the clock unplugged with the cord wrapped around it and sitting behind a speaker.  The time on it was exactly the time one of them had said while in the drive through.

The weirdest was this.  The lady across the hall was a tutor, hired by the University to work with the athletes so there were football and basketball players constantly in and out of there. One particular basketball player who did fairly well at AU and in the pros and does a little NBA commentating and is really bad at golf.....usually needed all night tutoring sessions.  But I digress.  A lot of times we'd have the door open and some would come in, sit around and talk.  One night, several of the players were in there including Ed West, tight end that played a little pro ball himself.  All of a sudden, West looks at the sliding glass window that goes out on the balcony (3rd floor) and there is the perfect imprint of the profile of some evil looking face on the glass.  We'd all been in there for 10-15 minutes seated where we were pretty much facing that glass.  That face had not been there.  West freaked out and about knocked over 3 people on his way out the door.  The face/head itself was incredibly detailed, right down to the hair and even the pores on the face.  It faded soon after. 

Personally, I like to think I woke up the spirits with all the powerful pounding she and I were doing every night.  I'm good like that. But other than the sex, there were some really weird things going on in that apartment.     

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 12:09:30 PM »
Me and Bo were talking about name droppers one day.  He agreed with me that it's just irritating when people do that.  Cam agreed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 12:26:06 PM »
Me and Bo were talking about name droppers one day.  He agreed with me that it's just irritating when people do that.  Cam agreed.
Dude, ask your wife about the night that the vase fell off of her headboard like an earthquake had....Nevermind. Good story you had there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 12:27:38 PM »
I used to tell War Eagle!!!'s sister that she had a ghost in her clothes to get her naked.
It sounds like it would work on WE.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions