Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Will's Nephew walking on

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Will's Nephew walking on
« on: January 23, 2015, 02:20:21 PM »
Will Muschamp's nephew accepts dream offer to walk on at Auburn

Robert Muschamp
Darlington School linebacker Robert Muschamp, the nephew of Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp, will walk on and play H-Back at Auburn. (Courtesy 247sports)

Print
Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com By  Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on January 23, 2015 at 12:27 PM, updated January 23, 2015 at 12:31 PM
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/01/will_muschamps_nephew_accepts.html#incart_more_sports
The Muschamp family added another branch to the Auburn tree Friday morning.

Defensive coordinator Will Muschamp's nephew, Robert, accepted a preferred walk-on spot and will play H-Back for the Tigers. He will arrive on campus in the summer.

"It's a dream for me to play there," Robert Muschamp said. "My whole life I've wanted to play there."

The Rome, Ga., native played linebacker at Darlington School, where he garnered scholarship offers from Air Force, Army, Central Arkansas and Wofford. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn offered a spot as a walk-on on Thursday night, Robert Muschamp said.

Like his uncle, Robert Muschamp played linebacker in high school. Muschamp (6-2, 230) is rated a two-star prospect by 247sports.

"He is a pretty straightforward guy. I see him probably three times a year, but we talk a lot," Robert Muschamp said of his uncle Will. "He's about working hard and that's what he prides himself on. He works harder than any coach. He's one of the best defensive minds in the country."

The decision to choose Auburn was not difficult. Practically everyone on his mother's side of the family attended Auburn, including aunts, uncles, cousins and his brother, Jordan, who is already attending classes on the Plains. Will Muschamp, however, is related to Robert through his father.

The Auburn defensive coordinator told his nephew no favors will be promised during his career with the Tigers.

"The first thing he told me when he offered me as a preferred walkon is that you're going to earn everything you get," Robert Muschamp said. "Nothing is going to be handed to you just because I'm here. You're going to earn every bit of playing time. Anything you get you're going to have to earn it. I wouldn't want it any other way."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Will's Nephew walking on
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 02:55:34 PM »
Air Force and Army? Must be a very smart kid.

I'm not sure I would have turned down either of those.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 04:03:21 PM »

You wouldn't have to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 08:43:23 AM »

Ever checked out Darlington in Rome? Wow. Costs more than Auburn. He better be smart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE